• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
guys, read comments for this game, that's... educational (><)

edited: also it coming to steam is apparently megaton, so there is that

Not a megaton as much as it being the game of a Gamergate target so, in all their ethics, they've decided to bombard the game with trolling and downvotes.

Corpekata

Banned
They do realize that downvotes don't do anything?

I don't think GGers recognize how Greenlight works given the conspiracy theories thrown around about how Depression Quest got greenlit. They tend to ignore the whole "Greenlight is a wasteland" thing and that voting no is meaningless.

ExoSoul

Banned
i'm a bit confused

is darkest dungeon like a roguelike thing or something like xcom?

It's a rogueli(not sure if -ke or -te) that seems to be inspired by the word "grim", that's probably why it has a ghotic-esque art style and appears to be set in a pre-industrial world.

You still have HP, damage and probably "MP"
although I imagine it'll be called stamina or something like it
but you have other factors to take in consideration like famine, psychological stress, diseases and so on.

This is noticeable in the game in a quite pleasing way: your healer, who often times is a mage that heals you through mysterious ways, is actually a doctor, who will do probably unpleasant things to you.
Even the classes show (by what they are and what they're called) that this game, while maintaining it's share of fantasy, goes for a a more realistic approach of despair rather than send all demons in Hell attack your village.

Edit: If you won't buy LiS please consider picking this up =P
and then streaming it for me since I can't buy it atm xD

Corpekata

Banned
Darkest Dungeon is more of the XCOM vein. There are roguelike elements but not random to the extent of a lot of them. You've got the goals of the campaign and a base to manage alongside your recruits.

zkylon

zkylewd
To busy buying LIS?

pppftttt

It's a rogueli(not sure if -ke or -te) that seems to be inspired by the word "grim", that's probably why it has a ghotic-esque art style and appears to be set in a pre-industrial world.

You still have HP, damage and probably "MP"
although I imagine it'll be called stamina or something like it
but you have other factors to take in consideration like famine, psychological stress, diseases and so on.

This is noticeable in the game in a quite pleasing way: your healer, who often times is a mage that heals you through mysterious ways, is actually a doctor, who will do probably unpleasant things to you.
Even the classes show (by what they are and what they're called) that this game, while maintaining it's share of fantasy, goes for a a more realistic approach of despair rather than send all demons in Hell attack your village.

Edit: If you won't buy LiS please consider picking this up =P
and then streaming it for me since I can't buy it atm xD
this is a weird response

Darkest Dungeon is more of the XCOM vein. There are roguelike elements but not random to the extent of a lot of them. You've got the goals of the campaign and a base to manage alongside your recruits.
this is what i wanted to know

thanks

much better that it's an xcom thing

i like xcom thing

Maniac

Banned
Christ that bundle is sweet.

Wish I could have it all for... Not twelve bucks. I can't even afford the 11$ BTA.

But hey, 1$ tier has some nice stuff in it. Still really want KOTOR 2, but whatchu gonna do.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Apotheon -- MB-E775945EBA7499D1 - Taken by dot. 60 entrants total.

t1423019973z1.png

Vamphuntr

First time doing this :p

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vamphuntr, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-890E57FEAA14EC19 - Taken by nja
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-EE059C86C51DE149 - Taken by xezuru

AsylumX

Christ that bundle is sweet.

Wish I could have it all for... Not twelve bucks. I can't even afford the 11$ BTA.

But hey, 1$ tier has some nice stuff in it. Still really want KOTOR 2, but whatchu gonna do.

Right now is $12 or nothing for me. I want both KOTOR but for that price I'll also take both unleashed games. It all comes down to the new games that they add next week, but with today's BTA I really doubt that they will be any good.

Maniac

Banned
Right now is $12 or nothing for me. I want both KOTOR but for that price I'll also take both unleashed games. It all comes down to the new games that they add next week, but with today's BTA I really doubt that they will be any good.

The month has barely gotten started and I'm down to about a hundred bucks. It's safe to say it's 1$ or nothing for me, even though I don't own a single game in the bundle.

zkylon

zkylewd
Glad to help
I'm guessing I didn't xD
I just got started with XCom EU so I still haven't got a sense of what a xcm thing is"

xcom is basically you have a base thing in which you do base stuff and then you go out and kill stuff with your dudes and level up your dudes and get points for base thing so you can level up the base thing and do more base stuff like leveling up your dudes and giving your dudes cool new armor

mannerbot

xcom is basically you have a base thing in which you do base stuff and then you go out and kill stuff with your dudes and level up your dudes and get points for base thing so you can level up the base thing and do more base stuff like leveling up your dudes and giving your dudes cool new armor

Sounds like it could be a good game. If only instead of dudes it had spiders...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's like Valve is trying to make Steam's wishlist hard to use.

It looks like with the latest update, they've removed the price of each game from the wishlist page. Unfortunately this also breaks Enhanced Steam's ability to total these items.

Not sure yet if this is a bug or a feature.

Turfster

Is Indigo Prophecy 1080p?

Pretty sure it is.
"1080p 60fps"

It looks like with the latest update, they've removed the price of each game from the wishlist page. Unfortunately this also breaks Enhanced Steam's ability to total these items.

... and here I thought they couldn't make the wishlist any more shit than it already was.

Steam Heroes keys now available for Groupees Kiss 2.

Weird. It looks like the "Price" button for sorting is still there, so I'm assuming it's a bug.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
... and here I thought they couldn't make the wishlist any more shit than it already was.

That's what I was thinking. It looks like their API is also taking a massive dump at the moment so things like regional price comparisons aren't working at the moment. Again, because Valve doesn't have "patch notes" on Steam or any communication whatsoever, I don't know if it's just down temporarily or if that particular API is being phased out (I sure hope not!).

Weird. It looks like the "Price" button for sorting is still there, so I'm assuming it's a bug.

Hmm yes that is weird. Interestingly enough, sorting by price isn't working correctly for me and seems to be putting things in random order. For example it put Pillars of Eternity ($44.99) between The Legend of Korra ($14.99) and Geometry Wars 3 ($14.99). So yeah... probably a bug...

Turfster

Hmm yes that is weird. Interestingly enough, sorting by price isn't working correctly for me and seems to be putting things in random order. For example it put Pillars of Eternity ($44.99) between The Legend of Korra ($14.99) and Geometry Wars 3 ($14.99). So yeah... probably a bug...

Valve's price sorting shits its pants regularly on normal search too, tho.

zkylon

zkylewd
Sounds like it could be a good game. If only instead of dudes it had spiders...
no

i'm pretty sure it's in the job description to break the store in some innovative way everyday

Anustart

If I need to move my game saves to a new drive, how might that be as least painful as possible?

And can I install steam on one drive and have it install games on another?

Corpekata

Banned
If I need to move my game saves to a new drive, how might that be as least painful as possible?

And can I install steam on one drive and have it install games on another?

Yes to the question.

Saves are generally in your documents folder, though they can often be in subfolders like My Games, so basically just copy it from your old computer and past it into the new documents folder. If there's any games you're really into I'd verify just where the save file is though, some can get weird. Some are in the Saved Games folder for me under the the C drive's user directory rather than documents, for instance.

Can look into Game Save Manager too if you want to be safe. Haven't used but heard good things.

yuraya

That is very odd. Why would they get rid of pricing? Skimming through and seeing the highlighted discounts is like the most convenient thing about the wishlist. Hopefully just a bug.

Turfster

It worked fine for me during the Winter Sale and I used it a ton.

Searching now on low->high has games that are free to play and games that aren't out yet randomly jumbled together, and then there's the occasional game that's out like Pizzarian that's thrown in there... all before you even get to the demos

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Knights of the Old Republic II -- MB-D728F5C9DB338AA3 - Taken by billmcdougal

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Searching now on low->high has games that are free to play and games that aren't out yet randomly jumbled together, and then there's the occasional game that's out like Pizzarian that's thrown in there... all before you even get to the demos

I'm talking about the sorting of priced content. You can filter out most demos by specifically "Games", and Pizzarian and Ephemerid are erroneously listed as not having a price because they unlocked a short while ago and Steam's search system hasn't picked up on that yet. It's not perfect (free content should at least be grouped instead of just mashed together in no apparent order), but prices are sorted correctly as per one's preference.

Amazing timing on the giveaway and reminder/link, guys :p

I'm psyched, I had no games from this bundle (played KOTOR a long time ago, not on steam though), and this is the only one that I definitely wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom