• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Valve's done away with the OAuth key redemption system, forcing Humble and Indie Gala back to providing keys people have to activate themselves.

Edit: Is there an SMAA injector that works with DX11 games?

well, that's annoying.

thanks.

Miguel81

Current average is insane, it's closing to the highest tier's price

Most of those titles are still great, even if the current price isn't. Sucks that it went up so freakin' fast. Well, at least people will still get a better deal than I did out of GOG.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 -- MB-00DC322EF6791DF9 - Taken by yoshizzle. 8 entrants total.
Star Wars KOTOR 1 -- MB-5172627FB3108831 - Taken by Lobogris. 8 entrants total.
Star Wars KOTOR 2 -- MB-9D1DA74B1EE60F11 - Taken by adriano999. 14 entrants total.

t1423045531z1.png

Also, if someone could make or refer some of us to a KOTOR modding recommendation/guide (one that fixes the basics like resolution and cut content for both games) it would be awesome.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eidolon -- MB-1D4F2994F280258F - Taken by Milamber. 18 entrants total.

t1423040731z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
someone said they beat life is strange on 2 hours?

i'm at 4 and still not finished. i'm guessing i'm close to the end, but still, either they're really fast or i'm pretty fucking slow. i was thinking the "monday" thing was gonna be a part of the episode but now i'm thinking each episode is a different day?

pretty enjoyable so far, i feel like i set up a bunch of things to bite me in the ass in later episodes. i still don't like the "the shit you just did will have consequences" telltale messages but i like how it ties with the rewinding thing here since you pretty much choose which state you want to leave things in. it makes for a pretty cool hook to a game that's otherwise not got much going for it in terms of gameplay because even i'm sure it won't ever get too mechanically complicated (tho the "teleport" thing sounds interesting), it's just a very slick way to represent doing the "select your past" thing from like mass effect 3 or whatever.

also i know it's a lame complaint but i actually kinda wish the game was less hipsterish for lack of a better word (and i really wish i could come up with a better word). the snobby pretentious rich school and the artsy students quoting photographers' full names and wearing designer clothes are kind of hard to feel too sympathetic for, even tho max is a pretty relatable character, and obviously chloe is really cool.

anyways, imma try make some time tomorrow and finish it. pretty excited for episode 2 whenever that is

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Darkest Dungeon outselling GTA5 o_O

Watch out AAA games, indies comin for you~

i'm at 4 and still not finished. i'm guessing i'm close to the end, but still, either they're really fast or i'm pretty fucking slow. i was thinking the "monday" thing was gonna be a part of the episode but now i'm thinking each episode is a different day?

I took 5 hours to finish the first chapter myself. I spent a lot of time looking at every corner for world building stuff, finding all of the pictures in one go (I think I got them all, I'll have to boot up and check), exhausting all of my dialog options. And yet, I still apparently missed some stuff!

zkylon

zkylewd
I took 5 hours to finish the first chapter myself. I spent a lot of time looking at every corner for world building stuff, finding all of the pictures in one go (I think I got them all, I'll have to boot up and check), exhausting all of my dialog options. And yet, I still apparently missed some stuff!

ah alright

i'm super slow at videogames cos i do that exact same thing, look at everything and read everything, even the things that aren't interactable

also i like fooling around seeing how things work and stuff

so in general it takes me a few more hours than normal if i'm immersed

also i'm pretty sure i'm gonna miss a bunch of stuff. even tho i do spend a lot of time looking at things i'm not very thorough or obsessive about those things. i try to not ocd too much as i feel that usually kills the "balance" and ruins some surprises you can unwillingly have set up for yourself

Deitus

i still don't like the "the shit you just did will have consequences" telltale messages but i like how it ties with the rewinding thing here since you pretty much choose which state you want to leave things in.

Is there an option to turn that off? As dumb as that is in Telltale games, at least they give you an option to disable it (which I did immediately).

also i know it's a lame complaint but i actually kinda wish the game was less hipsterish for lack of a better word (and i really wish i could come up with a better word).

Whoa now, let's not go throwing around racial slurs here.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is there an option to turn that off? As dumb as that is in Telltale games, at least they give you an option to disable it (which I did immediately).
i'm guessing not? didn't really look for it. it does make some sense since it's basically the game telling you "this is a thing you might wanna rewind if you're unhappy how it panned out" but i dunno, it's something i didn't like in twd and i don't really like here, even tho i do think messages like "reputation up!" in some games is actually pretty alright (dragon age, alpha protocol)

Whoa now, let's not go throwing around racial slurs here.
i can't really think of a good way to put it, i find it easier to relate to less fancy schools. it's not about how ppl dress or talk or whatever, it's just that's it's kind of an elitist school having elite problems and i have less interest for that kind of thing

Arthea

yeasterday sure was greenlight anomaly day, we got couple of weeks worth of better looking games in one day, and today is back to normal greenlight stuff.

edited:
so zky... who broke first? (><)

Deitus

i'm guessing not? didn't really look for it. it does make some sense since it's basically the game telling you "this is a thing you might wanna rewind if you're unhappy how it panned out" but i dunno, it's something i didn't like in twd and i don't really like here, even tho i do think messages like "reputation up!" in some games is actually pretty alright (dragon age, alpha protocol)

Hmmm... I guess maybe makes sense with the structure of this game, but that still sounds annoying. Not enough to ruin the game, but still would be irritating every time I saw it.

i can't really think of a good way to put it, i find it easier to relate to less fancy schools. it's not about how ppl dress or talk or whatever, it's just that's it's kind of an elitist school having elite problems and i have less interest for that kind of thing

I got what you meant. It's just that I can't help but laugh every time I hear that word now, in light of that thread.

But I wonder if that the intent for you to find these people to be completely unrelatable. From what I've seen from the trailers, neither of the main characters look like they particularly fit in, so maybe making all of the secondary characters into elitist jerks that you can't relate to helps you to identify with the main characters more. But then I'm just speculating.

Arthea

I really like this new thing Valve added, that when you favourite a greenlight game, it shows as snippet in activity feed together with total votes! It helps so much seeing which game is to be greenlit soon, which never...
Talking about never why you people don't upvote Fantasy Mosaics series (Nonograms), why?!
It has total 328 votes... that's like ten times too little to be greenlit.

what do you mean?

I'll pretend I believe you don't know what I meant ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I really like this new thing Valve added, that when you favourite a greenlight game, it shows as snippet in activity feed together with total votes! It helps so much seeing which game is to be greenlit soon, which never...

Next up: key activations!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
AssCreed Unity has lost some of its lustre now that I can actually run the bloody thing. But I'll keep at it.

AHA-Lambda

Damn, Steam really has spoiled me, cos I'm waiting before picking up Bloodborne.

No way I'm paying £50 plus the cost of renewing my PS+ sub for a few months >_<

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmmm... I guess maybe makes sense with the structure of this game, but that still sounds annoying. Not enough to ruin the game, but still would be irritating every time I saw it.
yeah, i don't think it's annoying, i just don't like it

i think i may write a bit about why tomorrow, kinda tired right now to explain :p

I got what you meant. It's just that I can't help but laugh every time I hear that word now, in light of that thread.

But I wonder if that the intent for you to find these people to be completely unrelatable. From what I've seen from the trailers, neither of the main characters look like they particularly fit in, so maybe making all of the secondary characters into elitist jerks that you can't relate to helps you to identify with the main characters more. But then I'm just speculating.
well, yes and no.

i mean, it's like an elite highschool in which rich teenagers go to become master photographers. it's pretty silly lol

but you do meet cool people and you get to see different sides of pretty much everyone. it's not max and chloe vs the world, but clearly the rules of the game's universe have been set in such a way that people in this game are kind of obnoxious, and so while max and chloe aren't complete strangers in this place, they certainly don't seem like they fit very well.

maybe that's the point, but i feel like that school is supposed to be like a haven for talent or whatever and the vibe i'm getting instead is a super elitist douchemaking factory which i don't think was the idea at all

I'll pretend I believe you don't know what I meant ;)

uhhh i'm honest confused right now

remember the person you're talking to is very thick headed

Arthea

While I was thinking about puzzle OT, I came up with the name - Puzzle guide to steam.
because general puzzle OT is not doable, it would take IDK, 100 people to make and it'll need major update by the time it was made (><)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I would be terrible at making a thread for that subject, as my main focus would be making the title "PuzzleGAF:How Do You Solve a Problem Like STEAM?" followed by a gif from the Sound of Music.

Followed by playing Fractals or Hexcells Infinite or Picross or Slitherlink (why is this not on Steam?) for hours before leaving the computer and forgetting why I got on in the first place.

While I was thinking about puzzle OT, I came up with the name - Puzzle guide to steam.
because general puzzle OT is not doable, it would take IDK, 100 people to make and it'll need major update by the time it was made (><)

Has Steam in the title, would be moved to community :p

also i know it's a lame complaint but i actually kinda wish the game was less hipsterish for lack of a better word (and i really wish i could come up with a better word). the snobby pretentious rich school and the artsy students quoting photographers' full names and wearing designer clothes are kind of hard to feel too sympathetic for, even tho max is a pretty relatable character, and obviously chloe is really cool.

I felt a bit the same in terms of all the references to artists or cult movies. But I don't share your enthusiasm for Chloe
when she blamed the weed on Max then gets pissed at her for not taking the blame that's a pretty lame thing to do

Likewise am looking forward to ep 2

milena87

I felt a bit the same in terms of all the references to artists or cult movies. But I don't share your enthusiasm for Chloe
when she blamed the weed on Max then gets pissed at her for not taking the blame that's a pretty lame thing to do

Likewise am looking forward to ep 2

Spoiler for Life is Strange:
When did that happen? Is this when Chloe's stepdad enters the room? Because I did as she asked and didn't reveal myself. She is upset and angry at him, but, after he leaves, she comments that revealing myself would have been worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom