• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
xcom is basically you have a base thing in which you do base stuff and then you go out and kill stuff with your dudes and level up your dudes and get points for base thing so you can level up the base thing and do more base stuff like leveling up your dudes and giving your dudes cool new armor

Oh, in this case a roguelite then. You go out, kill stuff, loot stuff, then use the loot to upgrade stuff and repeat only this time you're stronger for it. (Add or take base into the equation)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any way to see which games are cheaper in China as a ROW country?

I know about GTA5 and Talos Principle.

There's no giant list that compares every single game. If you're looking to buy something in particular, search for it on SteamDB.

You don't even let Ride of the Valkyries get to the good part.

There's a slow motion modifier that if you turn down to 5% speed you might make it to the good part :)

I need this game. I was one of the "weirdos" that actually liked Banjo Kazooie: Nuts 'n' Bolts, and this looks like more of the same "build to solve a problem" type of deal.

Now to wait for either A.) money or B.) sale. :(

I loved Nut's and Bolts also, and this is very much in the same camp as that, well worth the $7.

Freezard

Nice bundle! I don't have any of the games so I'm probably going Tier 3.

I don't have any of the games on Steam but I've already played them all on console/non-Steam heh. The $1 games are by far the best ones in the bundle. Might still buy the whole bundle depending on the additional games.

It's like Valve is trying to make Steam's wishlist hard to use.

It looks like with the latest update, they've removed the price of each game from the wishlist page. Unfortunately this also breaks Enhanced Steam's ability to total these items.

Not sure yet if this is a bug or a feature.

I feel like the wishlist has temporarily lost prices before. It's probably just a bug.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh, in this case a roguelite then. You go out, kill stuff, loot stuff, then use the loot to upgrade stuff and repeat only this time you're stronger for it. (Add or take base into the equation)
my real question would i guess be: is this a game of starting over and over?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-1A55BAA5CCDE016F - Taken by The Dear Leader
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-C45B2CAD25A56CE4 - Taken by Natty1

iosefe

mod the hell out of both of those games

o.o

TDL, you should got download Boras 2 Stunt course

also the Conversion pack

Ban Puncher

ogAcRjB.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Man Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Star Wars: Dark Forces -- MB-A163C5E77793970C - Taken by KainXVIII
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy -- MB-7B898CEC1431BF33 - Taken by Bayonetta

Kagemusha

Playing the bacteria plague in Plague Inc. is amazing. Trying to find the right balance of infectiousness and lethality is morbidly fun.

The number one thing that kills my enjoyment of a strategy game is an overly-complex reasearch grid with discoverable technologies that are discribed vaguely. For instance, I would love Endless Space, but the research options are explained like this: "After decades of experimentation with plates of the right size, material, and distance, the vacuum energy created through the quantum mechanics of the Casimir Effect can finally be exploited as an energy source."

Now, I'm playing my first game, am trying to figure out how to expand my empire, and I cant figure out how to travel through wormholes because the game hides wormhole travel technology in a web of research options that include growing flowers and harvesting space dust.

That's why I love Plague INC. The game just makes it crystal clear. You want to mutate so you become a dysentery plague that is spread by mosquitoes and also be resistant to antibiotics? Just click the buttons for Dysentery, Resistance, and Mosquito. You don't need to read through 20 pages of research options to change.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I played about 2 hours of Apotheon
(albeit on the PS4)
and here are my impressions:

What I liked:
  • The visuals are really unique and interesting. The PC version has the added bonus of supporting 4K resolutions (for now, by editing files although they'll be adding the option in a future update).
  • Really clear instructions on what to do. A lot of "metroidvania" type games simply drop you in the world and say "go!" giving you no clear directions. Others are painfully on the other end of this spectrum, where they hold your hand the entire time. From what I've played of this game so far, it seems to strike a good balance of giving you clear objectives while also giving you the freedom to roam and discover things on your own.
  • The story is a pretty cliche at this point, but it's still presented in a way that held my interest. It also has some fairly decent voice acting and that helps.
  • The dungeon crawling aspects were spot on - fast travel checkpoints felt fair and it never takes very long to get from point A to point B if you know where you're going. Exploration and deviation from the path always felt like it was well rewarded.
What I didn't like:
  • The weapons. The weapons you find are all limited-use and break. In the beginning, the "basic" weapons you find break easily but are thankfully found in abundance. As you progress, the "good" weapons become harder and harder to come by (and still break with use). I found myself in a few frustrating situations where my best weapon broke right before I reached a boss fight and it really hindered things. There is very little visual indication of exactly how much "health" your weapons have, and I think that's the one thing about this game that really frustrated me.
  • The combat feels wooden. While there is some variety in the types of weapons you can use, none of them really "feel" right. The opponent's hit boxes are strange, and standing next to an enemy (in the 2D space) and swinging a sword at them that misses just feels... clunky. It's not a miss like I swung my sword and did zero damage, it's like there is no on-screen indication that the attack even connected. Some of the weapons attack in strange arks, which further complicates this issue.
  • There is a "main" area that's basically a hub world that connects all of the other major levels in the game, and it has different gameplay rules that seem out of place. The closest comparison I can draw is being in a big city in Skyrim. You have a weapon but if you unsheath it or use it, you can be fined by the guards or get your ass kicked by them. There are locked doors that you can open with lockpicks, but if you do that in the hub world and a guard sees you, you're either going to die or get fined. This is especially frustrating when you first arrive because none of this is really explained to you. Doubly frustrating because the guards look identical to the enemies you face in the non-hub worlds so my first instinct was to try and kill them.
I'm sad to say that I think 2 hours is as much time as I'll be spending with this one. What's good is great but the bad parts I mention make the game really frustrating. Of course some people like the things I didn't and that's okay, I just don't think the game is for me.

Which is pretty unfortunate.
I'm so eager to play it but the reviews are really bad. From the videos I watched, the most unbearable thing about the game is the animation, especially the combat. If they can tweak it, it'll be more enjoyable, at least for me. It seems that the devs are addressing the issues as we speak, but no combat animation mentioned so far.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sounds like I should wait for a sale on it.

I'm happy with what I paid for it. I'm not going to say "free" because PS+ isn't free, so I'll just say it was $0.52 since for this one month I paid $3.13 and got 6 games including my favorite game of last year (Transistor) that I've been wanting to replay on the PS4.

So I feel I definitely got my $0.52 in value out of it considering I played for 2 hours. I'm not sure I could say the same if I had paid $12.74 for it.

I'm surprised how many people on here weren't around for that epic Star Wars Franchise Pack pricing error last year sometime. I think it was like $25 for every Star Wars game, minus of course the illusive LEGO games.

Every time there is a LEGO sale I check for them like something will change. It will never change.
Yep, owned everything. Still a great bundle though.

Just finished Life is Strange: Episode 1. Better than I expected it. I was kind of rolling my eyes at the dialogue but this story is definitely getting interesting. Can't wait for the next episode. My favorite part? Max and her invisible pothead friend:

Knurek

Woah, Darkest Dungeons selling better than GTA V and Dying Light?
Amazing. If only Elminage sold as well, we'd be swarming in dungeon crawlers right now...

Which is pretty unfortunate.
I'm so eager to play it but the reviews are really bad. From the videos I watched, the most unbearable thing about the game is the animation, especially the combat. If they can tweak it, it'll be more enjoyable, at least for me. It seems that the devs are addressing the issues as we speak, but no combat animation mentioned so far.
I dunno, man. The RPS coverage makes it sound like an absolute horror with no redeeming qualities... and their footage backs it up.
There were a few pre-purchase incentives, so I would have bought it regardless. ;)

You're a real trooper, Jase.

Ehhh
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eidolon -- MB-1D4F2994F280258F - Taken by Milamber. 18 entrants total.

t1423040731z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
life is strange is indeed pretty neat and i love going all carrie on highschool bitches. more games should allow you to put those kind of girls in their place, so sweet.

anyways, i appreciate that rewinding isn't shit like in remember me, but i still wish it was better. just annoying not being able to go in the direction you want and like just change one choice rather than skipping the whole dialogue back to that one.

other than that, my usual super slow pace means i haven't even met chloe yet. i think i'll like her best, max is kind of a downer

Miguel81

I'll pick up Life is Strange when all the episodes are out so I can play them back to back. In the meantime, I'll be watching Blue is the Warmest Color. It's been interesting so far...

This Humble Bundle is awesome, and I envy all that are playing the KOTOR games for the first time.

Darkest Dungeon is the real deal. It's difficult, but not stupidly so and running away is always a viable strategy! Could do with a little bit of balance, the vomiting pig things for one but there is so much amazing already for an early access title.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
anyone have this issue where if you link your steam account and you go to the page to redeem your keys, your account isn't showing up to automatically redeem to it?

how do i fix this?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
anyone have this issue where if you link your steam account and you go to the page to redeem your keys, your account isn't showing up to automatically redeem to it?

how do i fix this?

Valve's done away with the OAuth key redemption system, forcing Humble and Indie Gala back to providing keys people have to activate themselves.

Edit: Is there an SMAA injector that works with DX11 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom