• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

20 completed games this year. Yay.[/spoiler]
20 games already? I am at 10 games now

Ignore the haters, Hitman Absolution is a really fun game.

I am with you Hitman Absolution was fun. I even got all achievements for it

Format and move on. Everything else is overkill.

A simple format will not write 0/1s and so isn't enough to be safe.

The explanation in a subreddit where it is supposed to explain something to a five years old wasn't easy enough to understand. Still I need something that can erase enough so that a newbie cannot restore my old content.
I know that a non-tech savvy wont be able to restore anything at all, but better be safe than sorry :)

Sadly I need to always wait for a discount :S

How many titles exist for Trails?
I'm reading there is something like six games :l

Also...Metal Gear Collection now available :D
10403219_10152615490540986_1628215763404022651_n.png

It doesn't look like a cardboard box? disappointed.

Sorry above last night, that was out of place and inappropriate...

oooo what did I miss

derExperte

The explanation in a subreddit where it is supposed to explain something to a five years old wasn't easy enough to understand. Still I need something that can erase enough so that a newbie cannot restore my old content.
I know that a non-tech savvy wont be able to restore anything at all, but better be safe than sorry :)

CCleaner, the only cleaning tool I'd ever recommend, has a Drive Wiper function built in.

Sarcasm

GAF's search engine is fine (as lash has already said, his post didn't come up because he hotlinked an image, plus the YouTube URL is different). Every time I see somebody say "I searched but didn't find anything", I grow curious and search for it myself; in the vast majority of cases it's revealed that the person is either lying to save face or searched incorrectly.

I've just had better luck when using a search engine so I have over time totally omitted the GAF search function lol

What's the thing about Revelations 2?
Some reviews are 7, others are almost 10, lol.
Why? How is the game?

Most reviews around the 7-8 range, sure some are above or below the average but I don't think it's more than pretty much any other game.
Bottom line is that fortunately it turned out to be a decent game.

You guys keeping track of the games you beat each year... I have no idea.

Today I beat Injustice's story mode and enjoyed it, fun game, kudos to the developer for putting so much effort into it.
What else... Devil Survivor Overclocked, though I'll be doing multiple playthroughs.
REmake.
Killzone Mercenary.

I started Wolfenstein in 2014 but only finished it this year.
Not sure if I beat Danganronpa 2 in December or January.

I think that's it.

I've been putting most of my time into Persona Q, it's a long game.

Jawmuncher

What's the thing about Revelations 2?
Some reviews are 7, others are almost 10, lol.
Why? How is the game?

Everything seems to be positive mostly. Also note all the reviews are only for episode 1.
But Dusk made a good point about Eurogamers review which seems to kind of already tease the full package quality

I know, and probably be mentioned in the whole packaging deal. I also don't want to call them out on this because Eurogamer's review was insightful, but I feel they teased their full thoughts in their review, basically saying, "Episode 1 is good, its a good spin-off, some shortcomings, however if you wait a month or so, Revelations 2 may end up being a great spin-off."

I feel they want to say more but can't in that case. XD;

Jawmuncher

Bah, what is the point on reviewing a single episode, this is a thing I don't understand. It can be the first episode is only to introduce the game, so for me there's really no point on reviewing each episode by itself.

Yeah odd they weren't allowed to just review the whole package today.

Dr Dogg

Seeing as the RE Rev 2 OT is already full of PS2 level graphics mockery (which is a bit of a bloody overstatement where comparing it to Rev 1 and 6 which are all about in the same camp) maybe a little amient occulsion might bring life to the flat image.
Vanilla said:

HBAO+ ho! said:

A bit heavier than I'd like but I've only been fiddling around whilst I should be doing something far more constructive so there's probably a better flag out there.

Any word on getting keys from GMG for Resi Revelations 2?

From a post on their forums about 5 hours ago they'll send out them as soon as they get them from Capcom.

Jawmuncher

Seeing as the RE Rev 2 OT is already full of PS2 level graphics mockery (which is a bit of a bloody overstatement where comparing it to Rev 1 and 6 which are all about in the same camp) maybe a little amient occulsion might bring life to the flat image.

A bit heavier than I'd like but I've only been fiddling around whilst I should be doing something far more constructive so there's probably a better flag out there.

From a post on their forums about 5 hours ago they'll send out them as soon as they get them from Capcom.

Mmmmmm nah. RE6 looks much better than REV1. Though I still think funny enough 5 looks better than 6. Since its more on characters than lighting no one notices in RE6. What a downgrade of an engine.

Jawmuncher

So IGN gave DOA5 a 7/10.

One of the negatives is "Fan service overload."

Seems like a odd thing to put as a con.

Final Fantasy 15
7/10

Negative
Female cid has cleavage

Obviously more to it than that, but just doesn't seem like you should be brought up as a negative that could possible lower the score

Dr Dogg

Mmmmmm nah. RE6 looks much better than REV1. Though I still think funny enough 5 looks better than 6. Since its more on characters than lighting no one notices in RE6. What a downgrade of an engine.

Characters are great in RE6 as is the additions of a shit load more light sources due to deferred rendering in that version of MT Framework but christ on a bike do the environments look rough. Revelations isn't exactly stellar in that regard either but due to the more consistent aesthetic it's not quite as jarring for me. Still Rev 2 doesn't look as bad as some folks in the OT were making it out to be.

_hekk05

Banned

sprinkles

I hear the story isn't that great though

that plus the fact I don't enjoy episodic games means I may never get them
The story was great! And the presentation even better. A Telltale game done right in my book, it had more player interaction in one episode than Wolf Among Us had in the entire season.

Jawmuncher

I hear the story isn't that great though

that plus the fact I don't enjoy episodic games means I may never get them
I only watched the first episode of breaking bad and the story isn't that great.

Characters are great in RE6 as is the additions of a shit load more light sources due to deferred rendering in that version of MT Framework but christ on a bike do the environments look rough. Revelations isn't exactly stellar in that regard either but due to the more consistent aesthetic it's not quite as jarring for me. Still Rev 2 doesn't look as bad as some folks in the OT were making it out to be.

You got me there. Forgot how bad the vehicle sections were.

milena87

Life is Strange ~$7.5 (-62%)

Code: EMCANNR72 (-15% off, single use but applies for multiple items).

You need both:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832166195 (Ep1)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832166196 (Ep2-5)

That's pretty fast considering only first episode is out.

I knew this was going to happen... oh well, I had to use my GMG credit on something.

The first chapter is pretty good, with Twin Peaks vibes and interesting characters. This reminds me: have they announced an actual release date for chapter 2?

Tizoc

I knew this was going to happen... oh well, I had to use my GMG credit on something.

The first chapter is pretty good, with Twin Peaks vibes and interesting characters. This reminds me: have they announced an actual release date for chapter 2?

Just March, but hope we hear something soon.

Messiah

Oh Oddworld New and Tasty comes with a classic control scheme option. Awesome. Only one more day to go.

I really hope the game will sell well, looks like a really high quality remake from what i've seen from the PS4 version.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just March, but hope we hear something soon.

Supposedly we're getting a new episode every 6 weeks until they're all released.

That would put episode 2 out around March 13th.

Monooboe

Uh...

By some miracle I actually managed to get it right the first try. Take that, invisible safe zone!

Haha I'm actually stuck on that "Solve first riddle" quest, don't know how abandon it or complete it, I've come to the third riddle but gave up on playing because it runs so poorly on my computer.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
As much as it sucks I want to believe that it will result in an awesome port. OR we can see that as their last chance to sell more console copies to those who waited for the PC version but can't stand the wait anymore with the Heists coming...

the cynic in me says it's the latter .... wouldn't surprise me one bit

dex3108

As much as it sucks I want to believe that it will result in an awesome port. OR we can see that as their last chance to sell more console copies to those who waited for the PC version but can't stand the wait anymore with the Heists coming...

Yeah Heists are coming and they need to push console version sales a bit more.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'm optimistic as the Steam app is still being updated on a regular basis.

Li Kao

Fuck it, I did it again... After my last horrendous attempt at Civ 5, I decided to try Endless Legend. It was worse. In the two games I played I felt seriously brutalized by the AI.
Now don't get me wrong, I don't really care if a game is hard, I just felt the cards where really unfairly handed. Competitors are complete psycho, as usual, even in the starting rounds you can see astonishing scores from the AI, and I got forced into a war by an AI that had no chance in hell to have that much firepower this soon in the game.
As stated by steam users, there seems to be a very specific way to play the game with just the minimal margin of error before you get punished into oblivion. The game seems way more rigid in how you must play it than Civ.
I'm sad, it feels like as years pass I'm more and more weak at strategy games. I'm tired of this joke of diplomatic relations in this type of game, really would like to play a game with opponents that are not out for my blood. Maybe what I want is a sort of Sim-World and not a 4x.

Ok, on to Dugeon of the Endless / Endless Legend / Warlock / Age of Wonder 3.

dex3108

GTAV for PC will be arriving on April 14th at retail and as a digital download. Our apologies to PC gamers worldwide who have been counting down the days until the launch of the game, but a bit more time is needed to ensure that the game is as polished as possible, and to make certain that both Heists and the GTA Online experience are ready to roll out on day one for PC. As a gesture of thanks for your understanding, we will grant anyone who has pre-ordered the game an additional $200,000 in-game cash for use in GTA Online.

We are sorry but please pre-order our game!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Haha I'm actually stuck on that "Solve first riddle" quest, don't know how abandon it or complete it, I've come to the third riddle but gave up on playing because it runs so poorly on my computer.

I've resorted to a guide for some of the Nostradamus riddles simply to save myself from having to comb through dozens of database entries. I would have preferred something more along the lines of the puzzles in 2. And, yeah, I gave up on the game myself until I upgraded to a 4GB GPU -- it runs like a dream now.

June is near, maybe Konami will say something in March during the event. And anyway no one can stop R* from delaying the game a bit :p

I get the feeling the main reason for the delay is to move the PC version out of the way of heists launching on consoles. Console gamers getting their long-awaited mode and PC users registering their game would've made for a lot of traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom