• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Just as I get what was previously the final achievement of Into the War I see that they added 3 more, that can't even be achieved right now.

igH3dF4STszz9.gif

...or they want to get the product right. So many developers are shipping broken or somewhat-broken games and they want to avoid that.
Lol if you genuinely believe that. Rockstar has proved time and time again that they don't give a shit.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/24/telltale-games-ceo-kevin-bruner-super-show-interview

:l

Soon or later TT will release full motion videos only, calling the day.

Its time to give up on Telltale. They are never going to make a game again. That said, FMV makes a lot of sense. It probably would save them a bunch of money modeling assets and programing their crappy little engine. Of course once they go full video, their writing won't seem as special anymore.

Deitus

Seems like a odd thing to put as a con.

Final Fantasy 15
7/10

Negative
Female cid has cleavage

Obviously more to it than that, but just doesn't seem like you should be brought up as a negative that could possible lower the score

There's a lot more fan service in DOA than just cleavage on one character though. The series is basically synonymous with ridiculous, over the top, fan service.

Anyway, excessive fan service can be a factor in why some people might choose not to buy a game, so I don't see anything wrong with mentioning it in that context in a review. I'm not a big fighter fan, but I would pass on DOA for that reason, unless it was absolutely fantastic in every other aspect. Deducting 3 points for it would be silly, but I imagine there's more cons than that in their review.

RS4-

Oh, I just saw the damn price for Zombie Army Trilogy; dunno man, I'm not too hopeful about a consistent community on PC :(

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Delusibeta, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Delusibeta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-4AFA048CAD9D02AB - Taken by The Cowboy. 20 entrants total.
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-5474F17CFA9C0E4F - Taken by TheLight. 7 entrants total.
Pixeljunk Eden -- MB-6326EE09B48FABD6 - Taken by HBP. 5 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero -- MB-BD8415AE808739B1 - Taken by Abomination. 25 entrants total.

t1424795943z1.png

Life is Strange ~$7.5 (-62%)

Code: EMCANNR72 (-15% off, single use but applies for multiple items).

You need both:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832166195 (Ep1)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832166196 (Ep2-5)

That's pretty fast considering only first episode is out.

Damn lol. What a kick in the balls to people who bought the season pass at full price.
"I paid more than twice what you paid but got to play episode 1 a few weeks earlier".

Hm, Arkham Knight rated M.

derExperte

Wait...what.. GTA V, the game itself has been delayed once again and not just the Heists part?

yes

GTAV for PC will be arriving on April 14th at retail and as a digital download. Our apologies to PC gamers worldwide who have been counting down the days until the launch of the game, but a bit more time is needed to ensure that the game is as polished as possible, and to make certain that both Heists and the GTA Online experience are ready to roll out on day one for PC. As a gesture of thanks for your understanding, we will grant anyone who has pre-ordered the game an additional $200,000 in-game cash for use in GTA Online.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Rockstar is running scared of the beast that is Pillars of Eternity!

It's AssCreed Rogue's fault!

Jokes aside, April is nice as even if I do end up buying Bloodborne I'll still need something to lead me into The Witcher 3.

MUnited83

For you.
Damn lol. What a kick in the balls to people who bought the season pass at full price.
"I paid more than twice what you paid but got to play episode 1 a few weeks earlier".

That's true for every episodic game. And it's a darn Square Enix game, it's guaranteed to be discounted to hell and back several times :p

RS4-

66%off for owners of the first two games though :D

Lol yeah, just noticed that when I saw the thread in GD. I mean, it's tempting (and I'd have to find someone that could gift me a copy). I think I'll end up playing Cities Skyline instead for the majority of time lol.

MUnited83

For you.
If they didn't give a shit, they wouldn't release the game on PC at all, or they would just drop it now when it's unfinished.

They are releasing on PC because $$$$$$, and the only reason they are delaying it is because of $$$$$$$.

Rockstar has fucked over PC gamers way too many times. They don't give a shit and I don't see them changing any time soon.

Its time to give up on Telltale. They are never going to make a game again. That said, FMV makes a lot of sense. It probably would save them a bunch of money modeling assets and programing their crappy little engine. Of course once they go full video, their writing won't seem as special anymore.

It just one more product they will offer, they won't stop making more "traditional" games. And I'm good with that. More variety, more experiments, whether it works or not, gamers are not losing anything.

And from what I understand, their interactive contents are games, not just FMV. The difference is, now, their games won't be spin-off or side stories, they'll be completely part of the stories.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Gonna ask again, how will I know how much space Steam installed games are taking up in total?

If you have Enhanced Steam installed and the Steam client is running, you can visit this page and it will display the total at the top.

You can also use a program like WinDirStat on your Steam directory.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gonna ask again, how will I know how much space Steam installed games are taking up in total?

Just look at the size of the steamapps folder (right-click -> Properties), assuming you don't have a secondary library folder. Some games store config and save files in My Documents and the like, but all core data is stored in steamapps.

If you do have additional library folders set up, just add the lot together.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/24/telltale-games-ceo-kevin-bruner-super-show-interview

:l

Soon or later TT will release full motion videos only, calling the day.

Does Telltale have a pre-interview rule that you're not allowed to ask about their outdated engine or refusal to fix the broken save issue? Or do interviewers, like most fans, continue to give them a pass on that?

It would be pretty cool though if they could contact Nintendo and DiC Animation, get some old footage of Lou Albano, and make a "Super Mario Brothers Super Show Super Show."

That's true for every episodic game. And it's a darn Square Enix game, it's guaranteed to be discounted to hell and back several times :p

I know, but such a steep discount a few weeks after episode 1 is a first as far as I'm aware.

Also, people in the Revelations 2 review thread saying that the only explanation for this game getting better reviews than The Order is that Capcom bribed them.
What has that damn game done to this forum?!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If you have Enhanced Steam installed and the Steam client is running, you can visit this page and it will display the total at the top.

You can also use a program like WinDirStat on your Steam directory.
Just look at the size of the steamapps folder (right-click -> Properties), assuming you don't have a secondary library folder. Some games store config and save files in My Documents and the like, but all core data is stored in steamapps.

If you do have additional library folders set up, just add the lot together.
Looking how big "common" is should be sufficient.
Steam Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders

uNDfSzf.png

Thanks.

Steam Enhanced says I bought 116GB worth of games but according to Steam setting and folder right click I got 500+ GB files in steamapps.

Why do I feel like that's insignificant compared to the other people here? lol

Chariot

Yeah, it's like they formed a cult. The Cult of The Order.
Thanks.

Steam Enhanced says I bought 116GB worth of games but according to Steam setting and folder right click I got 500+ GB files in steamapps.

When you look at the size of the folder you will get the size of what uninstalled games left behind. There is a lot of stuff that piles up.

Thanks.

it really depends on how people play games. I mean, some(like me), even after finishing games wont uninstall them, unless they need the space. My steam folder, for example, has 1,2Tb of games :p

There's a lot more fan service in DOA than just cleavage on one character though. The series is basically synonymous with ridiculous, over the top, fan service.

Anyway, excessive fan service can be a factor in why some people might choose not to buy a game, so I don't see anything wrong with mentioning it in that context in a review. I'm not a big fighter fan, but I would pass on DOA for that reason, unless it was absolutely fantastic in every other aspect. Deducting 3 points for it would be silly, but I imagine there's more cons than that in their review.

It just seems weird to me, considering that is something that's ALWAYS been a primary factor in DOA. It feels like someone giving a negative to a new Gears of War game for being bloody/violent.

I know, but such a steep discount a few weeks after episode 1 is a first as far as I'm aware.

Also, people in the Revelations 2 review thread saying that the only explanation for this game getting better reviews than The Order is that Capcom bribed them.

That's why I generally stay just in the Steam threads now. I don't have the patience to deal with the stuff that goes on in the other posts. If I have to ask a question or post info then I'll do it and quickly leave. As far as The Order goes it looks like a game I would actually like but not for $60. I'll wait until it's cheaper.

New Trials Fusion expansion came out, pretty cute arcade throwback level in there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T-ZB3oTxNk

I gave the new Trials game the middle finger and sold the PS4 disc version I got after the botched launch and after problems with the pre-order items never showing up were never fixed (and I still think they are broken as far as I can tell from their forums)

Some people are being way too passionate about stuff these last few months here.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
it really depends on how people play games. I mean, some(like me), even after finishing games wont uninstall them, unless they need the space. My steam folder, for example, has 1,2Tb of games :p

Ah, same here!

When you look at the size of the folder you will get the size of what uninstalled games left behind. There is a lot of stuff that piles up.

I just used the Steam cleaner tho, unless it doesn't remove those?

jediyoshi

I gave the new Trials game the middle finger and sold the PS4 disc version I got after the botched launch and after problems with the pre-order items never showing up were never fixed (and I still think they are broken as far as I can tell from their forums)

To be fair, if preorder items were the tipping point, you probably should've stayed away to begin with :p

Parsnip

What's happening in the Dead Rising 2 app?
If I'm looking at this right, they added a non-g4wl depot, then proceeded to remove it and all other depots and all configs? And then added the achievement schema.

Anyone own it, can you even install it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom