• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

oh man i missed a Kane & Lynch giveaway. Snooze = lose

You and me both.
Also, what the fuck people, why has nobody taken Super Hexagon and Race the Sun?
Those are the best games in that list =p

Also, Steve Gaynor is going to be on tomorrow's Otherside Entertainment's stream where they play System Shock 2. You better watch. This means you, Doc Seuss.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2015-02-25_04-32-23.jpg

so ... HL3 confirmed then? ;)

Parsnip

Republique Remastered releases tomorrow, and if anyone was beta testing it back when it was not the remastered edition, you still probably have it in your library. They changed the name a while ago, but it seems like it's now full on Republique Remastered as of a little while ago. I just noticed the patch on my end. It's got the Unity5 logo and everything and first 3 episodes are available.

Here's a few shots downsampled from 4K.

you say that ... and yet - we got the "old" version of Dynasty Warriors ...
Exactly.

Turfster

Republique Remastered releases tomorrow, and if anyone was beta testing it back when it was not the remastered edition, you still probably have it in your library. They changed the name a while ago, but it seems like it's now full on Republique Remastered as of a little while ago. I just noticed the patch on my end. It's got the Unity5 logo and everything and first 3 episodes are available.

Exactly.
See, I sort of want this because the concept interest me, but what I played on ios didn't really manage to hold my attention because it was too fiddly.

I don't have either of them, I woulda got Race The Sun but missed it!

I can't figure out what kind of game Super Hexagon is but everyone seems to like it lol. :\

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I can't figure out what kind of game Super Hexagon is but everyone seems to like it lol. :\

Twitch-action.
High score/time challenge.
Survival Horror.

Take your pick. Whatever you call it though, it's one of those few games where managing to keeping going for a whole second feels like an amazing accomplishment, and not in a broken Flappy Bird type way, but honest skill.

Parsnip

See, I sort of want this because the concept interest me, but what I played on ios didn't really manage to hold my attention because it was too fiddly.
It seems pretty okay with a mouse and keyboard, but I never played the ios version so I can't compare. Space activates the camera jump mode and mouse wheel zooms in to the mouse cursor, it's pretty basic but so is the gameplay.

I'm sorry SteamGAF but my budget is now allotted for the NA PSN sale. I-I can't deny the alchemists / neps / monsters on sale. Hopefully my Vita works so I can play them.

Cross post from another thread for the PSN free trial thing:

Btw. anyone has a free month promo card? I try to get one (the 14 days one) but somehow they dont accept non-us credit cards.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2015-02-25_05-12-23.jpg

wow, just ... wow ...

the balls ... O_O

(and it's not even a reply to anything I tweeted!)

Shadownet

Banned
So I just finished watching Dracula Untold. A decent vampire movie, nothing special. The plot was alright. But man the special effects and Luke Evans was amazing. It was like he was born to play Dracula. It's not a good movie overall really, but it's a good popcorn movie and for those that are into (classic) vampires. I hope there will be a sequel.

This armor is badass.

Want to buy Homeworld but it's probably going to go up on Nuuvem right after it's released. 30 isn't very much at all but the thought of missing out on a better deal gnaws at my soul. These sites have ruined me.

Lookin forward to playing that sassy teenager horror game when I get home.

Looks good. I'm probably buying that tomorrow. And Abe, if my banker allows me to.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I tried to play some of There Came an Echo graciously given by Feep. The game runs smoothly (graphically, at least) and the voice acting seems really excellent.

...Unfortunately, I can't get it to detect my microphone, which means I can't get past the first section and I can't really do anything with the game. Sucks, because I was really looking forward to playing.

:(

I tried to play some of There Came an Echo graciously given by Feep. The game runs smoothly (graphically, at least) and the voice acting seems really excellent.

...Unfortunately, I can't get it to detect my microphone, which means I can't get past the first section and I can't really do anything with the game. Sucks, because I was really looking forward to playing.

it has mouse and keyboard controls

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
it has mouse and keyboard controls

I tried for about 10 minutes to figure it out... Maybe I'll launch again and give it another go. The beginning part the lady just kept saying like "Hello? Is anyone there?" and the on-screen prompts said I should say "Yes" or "affirmative". I tried clicking everywhere I could, and going through the menus didn't yield any results that let me proceed.

I guess I'll take another stab at it and see what happens.

I tried for about 10 minutes to figure it out... Maybe I'll launch again and give it another go. The beginning part the lady just kept saying like "Hello? Is anyone there?" and the on-screen prompts said I should say "Yes" or "affirmative". I tried clicking everywhere I could, and going through the menus didn't yield any results that let me proceed.

oh maybe you do need one to get passed that

Miguel81

Looks really nice. There was one topic in the Steam forums mentioning that controller support will be patched in, so I'll probably wait to pick it up.

Same problem. The calibration picks it up but in game it doesn't. The hit enter and select commands isn't so bad

Teggy

Maybe you already tried this but I intially couldn't get my voice commands to pick up until I realized it was push to talk (which I did using the trigger on my Xbox controller, but I assume there is a key as well). I had push to talk turned off, so I don't know if that option is bugged.

In other news, why did I wait so long to play Breach and Clear. It's like bite sized old school Rainbow 6. Very fun for me.

Ezalc

I tried playing it and it actually works with my microphone but it seems to keep crashing just before the second mission? Don't know why it's happening.

jshackles

Got it to work the second time using the mouse... There were certain sections of the screen I had to right click which brought up a menu where I could issue commands. So I finished the first two missions which seemed alright.

I'll probably play some more this weekend and figure out what's going on with my mic. The game seems a bit... empty without voice controls. Like playing Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons with two people.

Li Kao

I just pushed myself to finish 400 days before playing Life is Strange. Then I remembered that I'm intrigued by the Telltale formula mixed with humor that supposedly is Tales from the Borderlands and... didn't they release a single fucking episode since the first one in November ? This company...

Tellaerin

Hey, folks. It's been awhile. I really ought to start putting in appearances again from time to time. Anything major happen over the last month, month and a half or so that I ought to be aware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom