• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Hey, folks. It's been awhile. I really ought to start putting in appearances again from time to time. Anything major happen over the last month, month and a half or so that I ought to be aware of?

The order is quite possibly the most divisive game ever made, vita is currently having its 3rd sale in a row with crazy discounts, gta v delayed (again), besiege is amazingly awesome and amazingly offensive, volvo gonna reveal something at gdc, crystal dynamics trying to explain why the rise of the tomb raider is coming first to xbox without mentioning the moneyhats, nep neps coming to steam, gurumin store page is up, nightcry kickstarter successfully funded, feep just gave his new game to about 10000 gaffers for free, and JaseC is going to buy a ps4.

Also platinum games show a 2 behind raiden, cue internet thinking MGR 2 is coming. Turns out to be MGR 2 year anniversary. Well played platinum. Well played.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I add Origin games just fine by selecting the exe. Nothing special, then add the custom pic.

Adding the executable doesn't work for every Origin game. Syndicate is one such example, unless it's since been patched -- trying to run the executable directly just results in an error message telling you to run it via Origin.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'd like to imagine that Milamber's tastes are so niche it is impossible to market to him.

JaseC

Also platinum games show a 2 behind raiden, cue internet thinking MGR 2 is coming. Turns out to be MGR 2 year anniversary. Well played platinum. Well played.

So they say. ;) Tripwire tried to convince people that the Killing Floor 2 app that briefly appeared on Steam's stats page when Valve broke the Top 100 was just mislabelled DLC.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, folks. It's been awhile. I really ought to start putting in appearances again from time to time. Anything major happen over the last month, month and a half or so that I ought to be aware of?

•"GTAV" is delayed.
•"REmake" was released on Steam.
•JaseC broke 4k.
•Feep gave away a few thousand copies of his studio's game, "There came an echo".
•"The Order 1886" epitomizes cinematic drivel.
•"Evolve" has exploitative DLC practices.
•"Besiege" is an early access game to keep an eye on.
• "Hand of Fate" is a well received midtier title.
•"Homeworld 1&2" Remastered has been released on Steam. It's a reportedly a superb port and upgrade, minus the multiplayer which is coming later.
•A female developer withdrew from the PAX main floor over GG threats. However, I believe she is still taking part in a PAX panel.
•HumbleBundle is running a nice Eidos (Square Enix) bundle that includes the pulled version of Sleeping Dogs and the soon to be pulled Kane & Lynch.
•The Nvidia GTX 970 does not have a full 4Gb of VRAM. It has a 3.5 + .5 setup that negatively impacts game performance when the last .5 is accessed.

Welcome back Tellaerin. Busy with life or just on vacation?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
So they say. ;) Tripwire tried to convince people that the Killing Floor 2 app that briefly appeared on Steam's stats page when Valve broke the Top 100 was just mislabelled DLC.

... and I still refuse to believe that Metal Gear Collection is just clothing ... Kojima is too huge of a troll for it to be JUST that ;)

_hekk05

Banned
I get ads for tuition for elementary school(am in university now), ads for a university in australia, ads for scientific papers and ads for installing cctvs in homes.

And sometimes an ad with an animu begging me to take her home.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
•"GTAV" is delayed.
•"REmake" was released in Steam.
•JaseC broke 4k.
•Feep gave away a few thousand copies of his studio's game, "There came an echo".
•"Besiege" and "Hand of Fate" are two early access games to keep an eye on.
•"Homeworld 1&2" Remastered has been released on Steam. It is a reportedly superb port and upgrade, minus the multiplayer which is coming later.
•A female developer withdrew from the PAX main floor over GG threats. I think she still taking part in a panel however.
•HumbleBundle is running a nice Eidos (Square Enix) bundle that includes the pulled Version of Sleeping Dogs and the soon to be pulled Kane & Lynch.
•The Nvidia GTX 970 does not have a full 4Gb of VRAM. It has a 3.5 + 5 setup that negatively impacts game performance when the last .5 is accessed.

Hand of Fate isn't an EA game any more ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
titanfall is pretty deserted, at least in the brazil region, but i've been finding attrition games pretty quick, tho everyone's level 50 already

game's as fun as it was during beta. i'm kinda super bummed titanfall tanked so hard, this game deserved better. i don't mean from the audience, but from ea and respawn themselves

welcome back

DO

YOU

REALLY

WANT

TO

KNOW?

EDIT: Also some minor Ford or Landrover car ads.
why

did

i

click

these

... and I still refuse to believe that Metal Gear Collection is just clothing ... Kojima is too huge of a troll for it to be JUST that ;)

He's a prime grade troll. But too much time has passed to be some sort of elaborate joke.
If it comes, I really hope it's a complete package. Meaning both twin snakes and original edition, vr missions, etc.

Knurek

Hey, I thought for a minute I would have to play Feeps game with a mouse (no mic), but then I remember I have bought Singstar on PS2 and it came with two USB mics that actually do work on PC.
Sweet.
(Will wait for patch or two though).

_hekk05

Banned
He's a prime grade troll. But too much time has passed to be some sort of elaborate joke.
If it comes, I really hope it's a complete package. Meaning both twin snakes and original edition, vr missions, etc.

Who are you to claim to understand kojima-sama?

He's playing us like a damn fiddle.

zkylon

zkylewd
hexcells question for all the pros out there

how i'm supposed to know which one is the right one here:
D2BE74CBE27525F77EC1073F121D1F054552267A

so far i've gotten thru the game 100% by what the game has told me with no educated guesses or random trying or anything, but this time i dunno

New Steam beta included this note:

Big Picture
Added support for the new Steam controller. The older generation Steam controller is no longer supported.

So, are the testers getting new models or if not, did Valve bother to give them a heads up? I know not everyone liked the controller, but there might be a few out there who still use it from time to time.

iosefe

so far i've gotten thru the game 100% by what the game has told me with no educated guesses or random trying or anything, but this time i dunno

it's not the lower one. -n- means unconnected

there's a -3- on top and you have 2 blues connected, thus the one following them (bottom yellow) can't be blue.

Yes, the connection still counts when split.

zkylon

zkylewd
there's a -3- on top and you have 2 blues connected, thus the one following them (bottom yellow) can't be blue.

Yes, the connection still counts when split.
ah ok

the connection thing still working when cells are split is kinda awkward but i guess it makes sense if you just think it as a column

Super Hexagon is unplayable for me, my eyes just glaze over and I fail again and again.
i never was anywhere near close to good at that game but i found that playing every day for like 15 minutes was giving me good results. i managed to beat hexagon at least. just one second at a time, your brain starts processing the game correctly

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of n8, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (n8, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hexcells Infinite -- MB-ECC34857DF1FF42C - Taken by bobnowhere. 39 entrants total.
Hexcells Infinite #3 -- MB-131482D9C5A54EF0 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 31 entrants total.
Hexcells Infinite #2 -- MB-6D5DB20428623DAE - Taken by crazyrabbits. 33 entrants total.
Hexcells Plus #3 -- MB-A85D07ECC8821092 - Taken by Naked Snake. 16 entrants total.
Hexcells Plus #2 -- MB-FBC1C899CAD1C69E - Taken by Patison. 13 entrants total.
Hexcells -- MB-549CDC0B9D9F30A9 - Taken by Diedac. 23 entrants total.
Hexcells Plus -- MB-CAC5051515193EC8 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 16 entrants total.
Hexcells #2 -- MB-A768C22B13173458 - Taken by drakaenae. 21 entrants total.
Hexcells #3 -- MB-1C6987DC7486D690 - Taken by Catshade. 18 entrants total.

t1424891408z1.png

ExoSoul

Banned
•"GTAV" is delayed.
•"REmake" was released on Steam.
•JaseC broke 4k.
•"Besiege" is an early access game to keep an eye on.
• "Hand of Fate" is a well received midtier title.
•"Homeworld 1&2" Remastered has been released on Steam. It's a reportedly a superb port and upgrade, minus the multiplayer which is coming later.
•A female developer withdrew from the PAX main floor over GG threats. However, I believe she is still taking part in a PAX panel.
•HumbleBundle is running a nice Eidos (Square Enix) bundle that includes the pulled version of Sleeping Dogs and the soon to be pulled Kane & Lynch.
•The Nvidia GTX 970 does not have a full 4Gb of VRAM. It has a 3.5 + .5 setup that negatively impacts game performance when the last .5 is accessed.

Welcome back Tellaerin. Busy with life or just on vacation?
Wait what? o.o

Oreoleo

what about the minesweeper thingies that tell you how many blues are adjacent?

The 'minesweeper' numbers only apply to blocks physically adjacent to it (ie, within 1 tile of the numbered hex). Later in the game there will be minesweeper hexes that give you the number of blue hexes in a ~16 hex area. Then you can start worrying about hexes that are across a white space :)

it's a pretty excellent game, at least the basic one i'm playing is a very enjoyable challenge

it's like brain candy

Just wait til you get to the sequels. The entirety of Hexcells1 is like a tutorial in comparison.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Wait what? o.o

I assume he's referring to the Kane & Lynch: Dead Men copy in the collection, since it is GFWL and there appears to be no signs of it ever getting patched out. Don't know if it's actually set to get pulled anytime soon, but that may become a reality at some point down the line when MS decides to finally pull the plug.

zkylon

zkylewd
The 'minesweeper' numbers only apply to blocks physically adjacent to it (ie, within 1 tile of the numbered hex). Later in the game there will be minesweeper hexes that give you the number of blue hexes in a ~16 hex area. Then you can start worrying about hexes that are across a white space :)
yea i get it now

Just wait til you get to the sequels. The entirety of Hexcells1 is like a tutorial in comparison.
i just bought the first one for now

i'll probably try to get the others

JaseC

Still think if we get too many VR headsets, it will somehow backfire.

Well, the point of SteamVR (the software) is that everything is unified under the one API so developers don't need to worry about targetting a variety of vendor-specific ones.

Besides...
Valve hasnt even released their controller they announced when? One and a half year ago?

I think the controller that will be at GDC is the final one. Valve says "refined" but that may just be peculiar wording on its part.

zkylon

zkylewd
my main problem with hexcells is that i keep forgetting if blues is left or right click

that's how behind my brain is of the intelligence demanded by this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom