• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

i thought there was a special thing you did for origin games?

Better late than never. Origin is a fickle bastard when added as a Steam shortcut. Most of the time it wont do anything unless you have the Origin client closed before launching the game. Best thing to do it make sure it's not set to start with Windows and like Stallion said make sure the 'close client upon exit' is checked too. Some games even panic when you have too many overlays running as well.

Chariot

B-rEcf5XIAASeK1.png:large
IT'S PIKACHU!!

Well, the point of SteamVR (the software) is that everything is unified under the one API so developers don't need to worry about targetting a variety of vendor-specific ones.

I get that.

But their recent hardware-solutions still feel like they are stuck in the R&D Department.
I mean first the Steam machines that were supposed to come out last year IIRC. Then the controller.

It just seems they do not have a real business plan about these.

I think the controller that will be at GDC is the final one.

Certainly hope so. Wonder how they will distribute them.
I am okay with "Everyone who has been on Steam for 10 years or longer will get one for free" :D

Oreoleo

my main problem with hexcells is that i keep forgetting if blues is left or right click

that's how behind my brain is of the intelligence demanded by this game

I'm not sure why the default control scheme is the opposite of minesweeper. First thing I did was change it around, not gonna unlearn a decade+ of minesweeper habits :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Certainly hope so. Wonder how they will distribute them.
I am okay with "Everyone who has been on Steam for 10 years or longer will get one for free" :D

Beta testers may get them for free but that's about it. I don't see Valve giving away thousands of them.

Dr Dogg

Talking of fickle bastards, Amazon are a twisted company. My headphones exploded the other day due to my fat head so was looking to grab a new pair. Amazon.de had the ones I was after cheaper than .co.uk but when I went to checkout and select free delivery I get my hands slapped and Nein! Das ist verboten! shouted at me and then the cost with shipping is more than .co.uk. So fine I ordered them for .co.uk for £10ish extra and when I get my tracking information today it say they dispatched from Rheinberg, in bloody Germany.

Well now that venting is out the way and RE Rev 2 unlocked overnight I might be able to knock the first chapter out this morning.

Will we finally hear about the media features or are they bust?

tee hee

Dr Dogg

Good, good RE Rev 2 starts off in cheesy fashion. The main anti-zombie/ganado/majini/whatevers organisation Claire Redfield works for is called Terra Save. It kicks off with an advert for them with their corporate slogan being
'Terra Save because Terra doesn't have to end with an ist'
. I groaned and chuckled at the same time also Morria is a bit... edgy.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
What is this new scam by Capcom? No co-op? And we know this during the release date?
Also is true the PC version is based on old gen version?

Online co-op was always advertised as coming later, but no local co-op is the latest controversy, yes. The other versions have it, PC doesn't for whatever reason.

JaseC

What is this new scam by Capcom? No co-op? And we know this during the release date?
Also is true the PC version is based on old gen version?

Reportedly the lack of offline co-op support wasn't mentioned on the store page until the last minute, which is rather scummy. I've not read anything about the PC version being a last-gen port.

Arthea

Block Legend DX is... blocky and rad as far as roguelikes go. It's not as hysterical as 10000000 and plays very differently, but it's still hard as nails. It probably gets better when you unlock stronger characters. I also like snippets of how bosses destroyed you, uploaded couple of screenshots showing that yesterday.
for example

Deques

Block Legend DX is... blocky and rad as far as roguelikes go. It's not as hysterical as 10000000 and plays very differently, but it's still hard as nails. It probably gets better when you unlock stronger characters. I also like snippets of how bosses destroyed you, uploaded couple of screenshots showing that yesterday.
for example

I will be gladly take someone's Steam code from the groupees greenlight bundle :)

Dr Dogg

I'm kinda got lost in fruitiness of Batman games already, so Knight is Kiwi, right?
It got rated M btw

If you want fruity Batman someone should make a 60's Adam West Batman but play out like Dance, Dance Revolution. Bat Dancing All Night Long!!!

Arthea

OK SteamGAF i bought Hexcells to see what is so great about it :D If i like it i will buy other two :D

you should have bought collection right away... Hexcells is almost like tetris in a way that I haven't seen a single post about disliking it from anybody ;)

If you want fruity Batman someone should make a 60's Adam West Batman but play out like Dance, Dance Revolution. Bat Dancing All Night Long!!!
I had this gif somewhere, lemme find it
(><)

edited: found it

I'm not even sorry (><)

dex3108

Last night Valve added a "hardware" app type to Steam, the first app to use it was "Steam Controller". https://steamdb.info/app/353370/history/
https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/570511604942446592

During the same maintenance they also removed names for all packages, due to this change subs will no longer have a name on SteamDB.
https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/570511700899672064

There were also a lot of controller changes in the beta to support the final version of the Steam Controller.
https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/570511965929410562

B-rdghzWoAE2mnn.png:large

Haunted

why is there a fucking cross on the upper left thing. Don't tell me that's a dpad.

Also, if you were to use the left analogue stick and the four traditional buttons, it just might be the most uncomfortable setup I've ever seen.

what happened valve

JaseC

why would they do that? I don't see any benefits of that for them too

It probably has everything to do with the slip-up a few weeks ago that resulted in newly-published apps accidentally having free-on-demand subs by default, which allowed SteamDB's bot to get the actual names. Disabling the ability for all sub names to be crawled is a bit heavy-handed but it does completely prevent sub-related leaks from happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom