• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

why is there a fucking cross on the upper left thing. Don't tell me that's a dpad.

Also, if you were to use the left analogue stick and the four traditional buttons, it just might be the most uncomfortable setup I've ever seen.

what happened valve

There's a whole bunch of images, they are just for the overlay and to illustrate control schemes and modalities for the touch pads. The controller doesn't literally look like that, with a cross on one pad (that we can infer at least)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
It probably has everything to do with the slip-up a few weeks ago that resulted in newly-published apps accidentally having free-on-demand subs by default, which allowed SteamDB's bot to get the actual names. Disabling the ability for all sub names to be crawled is a bit heavy-handed but it does completely prevent sub-related leaks from happening.

apparently volvo has been into heavy-handed carpet-bombing solutions lately ... go figure

Arthea

It probably has everything to do with the slip-up a few weeks ago that resulted in newly-published apps accidentally having free-on-demand subs by default, which allowed SteamDB's bot to get the actual names. Disabling the ability for all sub names to be crawled is a bit heavy-handed but it does completely prevent sub-related leaks from happening.

it still seems like overkill to me.
oh well, we will survive

Haunted

There's a whole bunch of images, they are just for the overlay and to illustrate control schemes and modalities for the touch pads. The controller doesn't literally look like that, with a cross on one pad (that we can infer at least)
Ah ok, I'm on mobile and can't see them right now.

The haptic touch circle thingies are the main thing that differentiates the controller, it's already a concession that the thing has a traditional stick and diamond buttons as well, even if valve calls it a refinement.

I guess we'll see.

lashman

again what?
Did I miss something? Why would Nuuvem die? All keys will be region specific?
I don't like how this day is shaping all that much, I must say

volvo gonna volvo ....

they will "fix" this sooner or later .... my guess would be: sooner rather than later

dex3108

I was thinking about current Publisher/Dev links on Steam and wouldn't be nice to have specific Pub/Dev profile pages like we have them for users? They would be bit different than user profiles but for example they could contain things like contact dev, official broadcast page, linked official YT channel or even Tip Jar for indie devs (this could be useful for situations like Feep giveaway).

Nzyme32

I was thinking about current Publisher/Dev links on Steam and wouldn't be nice to have specific Pub/Dev profile pages like we have them for users? They would be bit different than user profiles but for example they could contain things like contact dev, official broadcast page, linked official YT channel or even Tip Jar for indie devs (this could be useful for situations like Feep giveaway).

Yeah those sound good. I don't think Valve would shake up the store too much more but I hope they do

derExperte

Pinball FX 2 Iron & Steel Pack is released.

Includes 2 tables.

I know what I'm doing today.

Asking myself if I should play Pinball, Hands of Fate, There Came An Echo, Oddworld, The Order or maybe buy Homeworld? Life's complicated.

Talking of fickle bastards, Amazon are a twisted company. My headphones exploded the other day due to my fat head so was looking to grab a new pair. Amazon.de had the ones I was after cheaper than .co.uk but when I went to checkout and select free delivery I get my hands slapped and Nein! Das ist verboten! shouted at me and then the cost with shipping is more than .co.uk. So fine I ordered them for .co.uk for £10ish extra and when I get my tracking information today it say they dispatched from Rheinberg, in bloody Germany.

I once ordered something from .co.uk, paid shipping and it immediately was sent from where all my national orders ship. Well, as far as Amazon's concerned everything will be moved to Eastern Europe anyway to save wages asap, they don't care.

Arthea

volvo gonna volvo ....

they will "fix" this sooner or later .... my guess would be: sooner rather than later

oh, that was a hypothetical post
thanks Odin, we are not there yet

I know what I'm doing today.

Asking myself if I should play Pinball, Hands of Fate, There Came An Echo, Oddworld, The Order or maybe buy Homeworld? Life's complicated.

so, business as usual, you mean? (><)

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

I think some developers have official user accounts and run their own groups, but darned if I can think of any off hand. Payday 2s, I guess?

Knurek

apparently volvo has been into heavy-handed carpet-bombing solutions lately ... go figure

How long before there's a mandatory subscription fee for access to your account?
And a SSA change that either has you agree to the fee or lock you out from your previous purchases?
Any takers?

Arthea

How long before there's a mandatory subscription fee for access to your account?
And a SSA change that either has you agree to the fee or lock you out from your previous purchases?
Any takers?
I still don't see it happening ever (or in our lifetimes at least), unless there is no other online service but steam, what isn't a case.

Double

lol I can't order Life is Strange because of an "ä" in my address. And when I change it it says I can't order with an unconfirmed address. Newegg is kinda dumb.

lashman

Any takers?

they're not THAT stupid (and I know you're only kidding) ... still - they've been doing A LOT of stupid shit lately ... none of which earned them any love from:

• users (The Gabening, among MANY other things)
  • devs (locking everything down even if some devs didn't want that)
  • bundles (key redemption API)
  • steamdb (today's ordeal)

Arthea

they're not THAT stupid (and I know you're only kidding) ... still - they've been doing A LOT of stupid shit lately ... none of which earned them any love from:

• users (The Gabening, among MANY other things)
  • devs (locking everything down even if some devs didn't want that)
  • bundles (key redemption API)
  • steamdb (today's ordeal)

I'm not so sure he's kidding. Have you noticed what's happening to the software market lately?

edited: except the part about losing access to your previous library, that has to be a joke!

dex3108

I think some developers have official user accounts and run their own groups, but darned if I can think of any off hand. Payday 2s, I guess?

Profiles would be nice addition to that. All games by that dev/publisher would be there and you could contact dev for reasons not related to any of their games, users will know that profile represents dev/publisher, as i said Tip Jar would be useful for indie devs, valve could add poll module on their pages so they could get data about unreleased product or for example remaster of old games without going through greenlight etc.

Green light could be part of that page too in form of the widget/module, Early access games could have percentage bar that shows how far is game from completing etc. All kind of things could be on that one page, that would be good for customers because they would have almost all info on one page.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not so sure he's kidding. Have you noticed what's happening to the software market lately?

edited: except the part about losing access to your previous library, that has to be a joke!

When the SSA was last updated it wasn't possible to log in without first accepting it. I'm hoping this is something Valve has since changed since locking your pre-existing library behind an updated agreement makes zero sense.

Knurek

When the SSA was last updated it wasn't possible to log in without first accepting it. I'm hoping this is something Valve has since changed since locking your pre-existing library behind an updated agreement makes zero sense.

Yeah, I was referring to that, wasn't that long ago even.
Even if the class action suit part that was amended was completely non-binding to EU customers, you still had to agree to the change or lose access to your account.

Arthea

Yeah, I was referring to that, wasn't that long ago even.
Even if the class action suit part that was amended was completely non-binding to EU customers, you still had to agree to the change or lose access to your account.

I somehow don't remember this. When did it happen?

the reason i'm a bit unsure about infinite is that i don't like the idea of random levels

i like how meticulously hand crafted these levels feel
Infinite has hand crafted levels and plus has only those.

edited: also seriously, the first game is a tutorial, and as all tutorials is very easy, you haven't even seen what Hexcells is about yet.

zkylon

zkylewd
the reason i'm a bit unsure about infinite is that i don't like the idea of random levels

wetflame

Pizza Dog

There is a noticeable difference in feel between the random levels and the non-random ones, but it's still fun to burn through a randomly generated level or two. The game has both anyway as has been stated so the random stuff is basically like a little bonus, there's not a lack of hand-crafted content because of it.

Omigodwtf is up with Revelation 2's frametime? Have vsync off because gsync is activated and despite running at 90-120 FPS it often feels incredibly juttery.

Arthea

anybody knows what happened to Soul Saga? It was greenlit and successfully kickstarted two years ago and I haven't heard anything about it since.

Midway through 2012 I believe
That explains it, I joined steam after that It is strange I didn't know, I my paranoia would have kept me from steam even longer (><)

I finished Hexcells and my only complaint was I never quite felt comfortable with the control scheme. I would often click the wrong thing which made it a bit stressful somehow.

Infinite? Somebody help me here with 2-2:

capturepsudn.png

What is my next move and why?

Kifimbo

I finished Hexcells and my only complaint was I never quite felt comfortable with the control scheme. I would often click the wrong thing which made it a bit stressful somehow.

How many blue hexagon left ? If it's only 1, you should know where. If it's more than 1, you should know where not to put one.

Chariot

How may blue tiles are left? 1 or 2? Look at the counter and your next step should be clear.

zkylon

zkylewd

if there's only one remaining blue it's middle

I just opened steam and found the Resudent Evil Revelations 2 released banner at 5.99 $ and said WTF, then I scrolled down and I saw the DLCs
list ...
-_-

zkylon

zkylewd

i want to say this can't be true but most games i play are often short a few people (tho it's super late here in argieland brazil)

it's sad cos titanfall really is a great shooter, but multiplayer only, expensive and payed-for-map-packs, as well as a whole lot of other issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom