• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Doop

I don't think I'll go for the 60 random puzzles achievement in Infinite. I tried a few and they don't feel as thought out as the main game puzzles.

Divius

The Long Dark

Love it, I felt really lost in the game and I really liked the crafting system and the atmosphere.

Absolutely recommended, escpecially now it's on sale on Steam. Excellent game and fully playable.

I did not die by freezing, but getting bitten by the worst wolfe ever. Seriously, fuck wolfes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzU1wzi-agg
This game... idk. It's pretty fun, but once you get a bunch of water and food and are basically set for a while, there isn't much to do. Just wander from cabin to cabin, check for food and clothes, repair shit, eat/drink/sleep, next day > go the next cabin, rinse repeat.

_hekk05

Banned
rip my plan to get all the ateliers. ebay doesn't want to sell me psn cards

unless someone helps?

also seriously considering besiege. I'll either buy it and never play it, or become so addicted to it I'll post gifs every day

i want to say this can't be true but most games i play are often short a few people (tho it's super late here in argieland brazil)

it's sad cos titanfall really is a great shooter, but multiplayer only, expensive and payed-for-map-packs, as well as a whole lot of other issues
I think the game had campaign(judging from cut characters/lines and weird quotes from cards), but was later stripped to make up for Xbone's launch window.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think the game had campaign(judging from cut characters/lines and weird quotes from cards), but was later stripped to make up for Xbone's launch window.

there's a campaign playlist but sadly it's completely empty like all the modes that aren't team deathmatch

zkylon

zkylewd
Re-use the engine and make the multiplayer f2p with option to buy skins and singeplayer campaigns as DlC
the problem is that i can't think of other competitive f2p shooters with a good microtransactions system

like something like blackout retribution makes it nearly impossible to actually own a gun without putting real cash and then there's the attachments, the different grenades, the cosmetics, etc.

like i love league of legends and their system is fairly reasonable, but grinding for champions is hell

i'd rather just buy the base game knowing it's gonna be a more focused multiplayer-only thing that's sensibly priced and then get nickled and dime on cosmetics which i'm sure i'll go giddy for if it's like cute costumes and titan paintjobs and shit

And cut down the file size by half too!
yeah

i think they made a really huge mistake in thinking the respawn name carried a lot more weight than it really did, and they ended up making their barrier of entry super high between the base pricepoint, the season pass and seriously who wants to keep 50 gigs on a single game that they're gonna play often? like, if it's like bio infinite and you actually care about the graphics and the cutscenes and the audio and you're gonna play for 10 hours and uninstall then fine, i'll take it, but seriously this game should make it so much easier to access to its fun

league of legends is like 11 gigs, runs on everything and looks gorgeous. titanfall looks great but something like hawken looks much better and is much smaller in size

make your game really easy for people to pick up and play, and they will. you have a great concept and a great execution of that concept, stop putting barriers between people and your game

Tizoc

rip my plan to get all the ateliers. ebay doesn't want to sell me psn cards

unless someone helps?

also seriously considering besiege. I'll either buy it and never play it, or become so addicted to it I'll post gifs every day
Use amazon.com and use a us billing address etc.

Dr Dogg

RE Rev2 said:
16455861428_87ff6cf196_o.png

16617494786_4b5b56cd9c_o.png

Not bad for a PS2 game :p

Don't get me wrong it's totally last gen, but the while the textures are some times iffy and the shadows are bulrgghh, the character models and lighting is pretty sweet.

I once ordered something from .co.uk, paid shipping and it immediately was sent from where all my national orders ship. Well, as far as Amazon's concerned everything will be moved to Eastern Europe anyway to save wages asap, they don't care.

Sounds about right. I was quite surprised when the loophole to close VAT free entertainment from Jersey was closed that they moved their business to mainland France and the UK.

Don't get me wrong it's totally last gen, but the while the textures are some times iffy and the shadows are bulrgghh, the character models and lighting is pretty sweet.

Looks nice, are the rumors of the PC version being based on the 360/PS3 version and not the PS4/XB1 version true? It looks too nice to be a 360 port.

Uzzy

It's looking nice, for sure. Have you seen Claire's alternate outfit yet?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I think the main issue with the game is the inconsistency it has with visuals and those issues were also present in RE6 which was a higher budget game. Also not every character model seems to be treated with the same care as others. I plan getting the game eventually when I finish Revelations 1.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wonder if Respawn will stick with their modified Source.
i'm not playing it on ultra or anything but imo it looks kinda rough and doesn't run so great either, so wouldn't be such a bad idea tbh, tho i'm guessing they have their own renderer or something. can't even imagine how it must compare to something like that new wolfenstein game

i think titanfall boils down to a "aaa shooters need single player campaigns" thing, and ea being greedy and thinking they could get away with not having that

personally i couldn't care less about the "aaa shooter" thing, just give me parkour + mechs + call of duty shooting and i'm game. i don't need another aaa shooter campaign

I still can not download anything from the US PSN.

I think somehow either China is blocking it or my router is blocking it. I can access all the other Features just fine. I can see before starting the app what sales the PS Store has with all the icons etc.
Just can not open the store and can not open the downloadlist :(

Riccitiello joins Telltale Games' board

i'm not playing it on ultra or anything but imo it looks kinda rough and doesn't run so great either, so wouldn't be such a bad idea tbh, tho i'm guessing they have their own renderer or something. can't even imagine how it must compare to something like that new wolfenstein game

yeah, they gutted and rewrote most of it. It's only Source in name basically. They might stick with it since their familiar with it at this point or choose a new engine. But probably not Source 2 as I don't think it's still ready.

_hekk05

Banned
I still can not download anything from the US PSN.

I think somehow either China is blocking it or my router is blocking it. I can access all the other Features just fine. I can see before starting the app what sales the PS Store has with all the icons etc.
Just can not open the store and can not open the downloadlist :(

should probably get a vpn then?

does changing to US address work? It doesn't let me buy otherwise
e-mail delivery... need US address, how does that make any sense?

Its most likely a partnership with paypal and SCEA. that's why

You'll need a US ebay account and a US paypal

its not like I live in US, JP, BR and SG all at the same time

I have one. Astrill. I can not install it to my router though and the Vita doesnt have an app for the VPN.

huh. that's strange. you should be able to download stuff by using the download list in the webstore

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, they gutted and rewrote most of it. It's only Source in name basically. They might stick with it since their familiar with it at this point or choose a new engine. But probably not Source 2 as I don't think it's still ready.
i think visuals are the least of their problems

i think their progression model is super clunky and outdated, the burn card system is pretty damn awful, but it's mostly the whole pricing thing that just killed the game

I have one. Astrill. I can not install it to my router though and the Vita doesnt have an app for the VPN.

You could maybe turn your PC into a hotspot for your Vita and download through that. You need two wireless cards or a wired connection though.
huh. that's strange. you should be able to download stuff by using the download list in the webstore
Downloading throught the webstore will just add the game to the queue on your Vita.

MadGear

Odd, I paused my Download of There Came an Echo twice (by starting a game) and both times the download progress reset to ~133MB. Is this because of updates? Either way, not going to pause it again :)

Dr Dogg

Looks nice, are the rumors of the PC version being based on the 360/PS3 version and not the PS4/XB1 version true? It looks too nice to be a 360 port.

No idea, though from from what I've seen (which is little) there's isn't too much difference between versions. I'm pretty sure MT Framework is a universal engine that compiles to platform and then has effects, resolution and framerate tweaked to suit.

It's looking nice, for sure. Have you seen Claire's alternate outfit yet?

Oh yes. Kind of fits with the whacky gestures in Raid mode too.

I think the main issue with the game is the inconsistency it has with visuals and those issues were also present in RE6 which was a higher budget game. Also not every character model seems to be treated with the same care as others. I plan getting the game eventually when I finish Revelations 1.

I've played through all of Claire's chapter and about halfway through Barry's and it's pretty much been up to snuff. It's no where near as bad as RE6 where you had a 512 texture next to a 4k textured model which stood out like a sore thumb. I can understand inconsistency being levelled at Raid mode seeing as it cobbles together lots of old and reused assets, stages and creatures from various games but I haven't dipped my toes in that yet.

You could maybe turn your PC into a hotspot for your Vita and download through that. You need two wireless cards or a wired connection though.

I tried that now, but somehow I can not connect to it. I will be in Korea tomorrow, so its okay. I guess I can download the games there then. Still would love to download in the future.

Btw. how to redeem my ps plus games?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

It still looked and felt incredibly Source-ish despite all the re-writing they did.

I tried that now, but somehow I can not connect to it. I will be in Korea tomorrow, so its okay. I guess I can download the games there then. Still would love to download in the future.

Btw. how to redeem my ps plus games?

Never tried it myself but it should theoretically work. Maybe this helps
http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/18dnwo/connecting_psvita_to_the_internet_via_laptop/

You can redeem your PS+ games by buying them on the webstore for free.

Nabs

Why does Steam still show a pre-load button for me with RE Revelations 2 and refuse to unlock? I've restarted Steam.

I can play it :)

I think some people had issues with stuff like that happening yesterday. I saw people complain about it in the Echo thread and discussion forum.

Turfster

The Humble Store has a King's Bounty Collector's Pack for 7.5€ which includes all of them except the latest one, including soundtrack and artbook.

Dr Dogg

Why does Steam still show a pre-load button for me with RE Revelations 2 and refuse to unlock? I've restarted Steam.

Took me about 3 tries restarting Steam (to be honest I thought it was my dodgy internet). It kept giving me an error dialogue and saying it wasn't released.

Anywho where you do get it working achievements seem pretty decent and there's a good tracking option in game that tally's up then kill x number type ones. Plus there's also other challenges that while not achievements are similar in their requirements which can be done for extra BP which you now use to level up the single player characters. You can convert it to Gold which is the new currency for Raid maid which seems to have a bit more to it that the first.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...al-co-op-in-resident-evil-revelations-2-on-pc

Someone posted this? What does it means? Since you can choose resolution on PC they cut offline co-op? :l

Pretty much which is a bit wishy washy but to be fair the game shits a brick for me a high resolutions without having to render two camera points of view independently at the same time. Be interesting to see how it would perform on PC. Anyone know what it's like on the consoles?

Also take what a Capcom UK rep says with a pinch of salt.

rtcn63

I dislike skate games that require you to fudge with the analog sticks to pull of moves. Maybe I'm just bad at it. Started Skate on PS3, and uh... stopped playing after 30 minutes or so. The controls just didn't feel intuitive.

Dr Dogg

Looks like it. People are also saying good things about it. A boss fight that is actually a boss fight. Amazing.

I thought the first Boss fight in Mordor was alright, it was just the other Black Captain fight and finale that felt left a bitter taste in my mouth. I do wonder if it was hurried out the door before being fully realised or Monolith were a tad too ambitious and fudged some parts to meet shipping deadline.

Shadownet

Banned
So the 3 Atelier games are on sale right now for the Vita. The only JRPG I usually play are like Persona, Tales series and Final Fantasy. Do you think I would enjoy this series?

I've never play them before. Tbh, the look of the art style seem like it's really feminine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom