• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 3 Atelier games are on sale right now for the Vita. The only JRPG I usually play are like Persona, Tales series and Final Fantasy. Do you think I would enjoy this series?

I've never play them before. Tbh, the look of the art style seem like it's really feminine.

Atelier is more like a casual RPG from a JRPG standpoint. You do the JRPG portions, get materials and then sell them in your shop.
Recettear is actually a pretty good Atelier clone I would say.

I still liked the PS2 Atelier games more because they were actually full JRPGs.

Shadownet

Banned
Atelier is more like a casual RPG from a JRPG standpoint. You do the JRPG portions, get materials and then sell them in your shop.
Recettear is actually a pretty good Atelier clone I would say.

I still liked the PS2 Atelier games more because they were actually full JRPGs.

Yeah that seem like the vibe I was getting from Atelier as well... Maybe I should just get VLR and Tales of Hearts and call it a day.

_hekk05

Banned
Yeah that seem like the vibe I was getting from Atelier as well... Maybe I should just get VLR and Tales of Hearts and call it a day.

I spent 204 bucks in the past week. vita chan sales too stronk

If you're curious you can just try buying one atelier. imo totori has the best motivation, but her game is plagued with low fps because of her translucent skirt. Its probably going to be rorona if you just want to try it.

Uhu, I don't understand :S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWob3zSYqD4

Anyway, it seems in the DLC there's also the orc chief from the third TLOTR movie.

4gW9sfa.png

no more leaks

madjoki

It probably has everything to do with the slip-up a few weeks ago that resulted in newly-published apps accidentally having free-on-demand subs by default, which allowed SteamDB's bot to get the actual names. Disabling the ability for all sub names to be crawled is a bit heavy-handed but it does completely prevent sub-related leaks from happening.

Actually, account details page still shows names, so free-on-demand names can still be had.

derExperte

Considering Feep gave away almost 10.000 keys, There Came an Echo's players peak number is a tad disappointing, hope it goes higher towards the weekend. And no one here just idles for the cards.

Shadownet

Banned
I spent 204 bucks in the past week. vita chan sales too stronk

If you're curious you can just try buying one atelier. imo totori has the best motivation, but her game is plagued with low fps because of her translucent skirt. Its probably going to be rorona if you just want to try it.

Lol I was literally reading your post over at the Vita Sale Thread when I clicked back here and saw your response. Yeah I'll probably buy Rorona + Tales of Hearts and try it out to see if I like it.

VLR is not on sale. Oh well. Haven't play the first one so it's probably for the best.
I'm still debating on whether to get SAO: Hollow Fragment or not..

wilflare

Lol I was literally reading your post over at the Vita Sale Thread when I clicked back here and saw your response. Yeah I'll probably buy Rorona + Tales of Hearts and try it out to see if I like it.

VLR is not on sale. Oh well. Haven't play the first one so it's probably for the best.

get SAO HF
fun battlesystem I heard

so we can't use steamdb to track which regions have the lowest prices now?

_hekk05

Banned

VLR was on sale last week. I keep seeing people crying about it not being on sale and I'm like u wot m8?

SAO is a bit of a special case. loads of people like it, but the mere name SAO reminds me of the shit that was the anime season 1 cour 2

I suppose a case may be made for waiting for ateliers on steam, depending on who you listen to and how delusional optimistic that person is

Shadownet

Banned
VLR was on sale last week. I keep seeing people crying about it not being on sale and I'm like u wot m8?

SAO is a bit of a special case. loads of people like it, but the mere name SAO reminds me of the shit that was the anime season 1 cour 2

I suppose a case may be made for waiting for ateliers on steam, depending on who you listen to and how delusional optimistic that person is

I was on a pilgrimage last week >_>

Well Hyperneptunia came out on Steam recently so there is always hope for Atelier. I just realized that Atelier is about crafting.. crafting and crafting. As much as I enjoy the crafting in most JRPG game. I don't think I would be able to enjoy it that much if it was the main objective.

Shadownet

Banned
New Batman AK trailer = Hype is real!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpXUIh7rlWI&feature=youtu.be

P.S. i am not sure that i like new characters designs but damn their faces are looking soo good.

Yeah it's pretty amazing, I like that the Riddler has that desperate, menacing look to him. It's quite terrifying.

Edit: so have they release the requirements for Batman:AK? I think I saw a website posted the recommended GPU as a GTX 560. Which would be crazy low considering that the Witcher 3 is a GTX 760.

I know Witcher 3 will be open world, but Batman look so good. How can it be so low in term of requirements? I have a GTX 760 right now. So in theory it should be able to run Batman with ease.

dex3108

Even more surprising is that it's still using Unreal Engine 3. Then again Blacklist was still clinging on to Unreal Engine 2 as a base and that has some nifty tricks up its sleeve.

I think that we saw Nvidia FaceWorks in trailer. If they are still using it XD

wilflare

Well Hyperneptunia came out on Steam recently so there is always hope for Atelier. I just realized that Atelier is about crafting.. crafting and crafting. As much as I enjoy the crafting in most JRPG game. I don't think I would be able to enjoy it that much if it was the main objective.

but NepNep is #BestOnVita
sorry SteamGAF :/

hmm SAO HF has poor translations etc but the fun combat makes up for it

its story is similar to the .hack series - real life boy stuck in an online world

Shadownet

Banned
but NepNep is #BestOnVita
sorry SteamGAF :/

hmm SAO HF has poor translations etc but the fun combat makes up for it

its story is similar to the .hack series - real life boy stuck in an online world

Hahahaha goddamn you wilflare, how did you know I have a weakness for .hack series. :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
DC is publishing a companion digital comic for Arkham Knight and, I gotta tell you (big spoiler):
the Joker is still totally alive

MUnited83

For you.

Well, crafting in Atelier games is more fun than the crafting on 99,9999% of JRPGs.

baterism

I blame bamco because of Zesty.

Yeah, leak happened every time and I'm not sure a lot of companies care. Tales got leaked then suddenly leak no more. I don't know what Bamco did to make Valve listen. Perhaps we can ask Bamco to tell Valve to release
L4D3.

Dr Dogg

I think that we saw Nvidia FaceWorks in trailer. If they are still using it XD

I'm sure AMD will fire back with MugFX in Deus Ex or something :p

Saying that when i was playing about with Tomb Raider last month TresFX performs a bloody lot better that it did for me several driver versions ago. It used to knock my framerate in half where as now it's only a third. Some say it's overkill but Lara just doesn't look the same with plasticine hair.

Jawmuncher

I'm still pretty pissed about the no split screen thing for revelations 2. Just because of how last minute it was. I better get a fucking apology. I'm gonna bother them through all channels until I do. Maybe they can apologize for DC3 while they're at it.

Well, crafting in Atelier games is more fun than the crafting on 99,9999% of JRPGs.

It's better crafting that 999999999% of any genre.

DC is publishing a companion digital comic for Arkham Knight and, I gotta tell you (big spoiler):

really? because after what happens at the end of AC and with the Harley DLC I kinda liked that they had seemed to have taken that approach and appeared to not be walking it back.

Shame really, and I kinda liked that Origins (at first) appeared to have Black Mask as the main villain. Fuck me that they're going back to the well again.

MUnited83

For you.

Hoping it's just a illusion made by Scarecrow or some shit.

If they indeed to that shit.... ain't picking it up until it's severely discounted.

Uzzy

He's pretty much the worst thing about the entire Batman mythos at this point, so if he shows up again in Arkham Knight I'll be really annoyed.

Amzin

Considering Feep gave away almost 10.000 keys, There Came an Echo's players peak number is a tad disappointing, hope it goes higher towards the weekend. And no one here just idles for the cards.

It's (apparently) a short game, so I'm not sure the peak number will ever be too high. I didn't get to install it until late last night so couldn't play it myself, MAYBE will get to tonight. Lotta working people on GAF :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom