• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
the worst thing to ever happen to steam was anime.

xVzszLL.png

let me rephrase: the worst thing that happened to steam is having waifu anime. Regular anime is ok, even if it can get pervy on occasions (like VLR, for example).

the rest of the anime is a smear on steam's library, like bad iphone ports and incredibly undercooked horror games made to make pootie pie jump.

I'm going to get my money's worth out of this gif.
the worst thing to ever happen to steam was anime.
PL4v3.gif

let me rephrase: the worst thing that happened to steam is having waifu anime. Regular anime is ok, even if it can get pervy on occasions (like VLR, for example).

the rest of the anime is a smear on steam's library, like bad iphone ports and incredibly undercooked horror games made to make pootie pie jump.

Ok that's it. I'm making a female in Xenoverse. Just to spite you.

Consider your spitten.

Khronico

How would you define waifu anime? And what is "regular" anime?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Cynical theory time: Capcom noticed that there's a mod in the works that restores the disabled "comfy couch" co-op mode and decided to offer refunds in lieu of patching the game. It's arguable that the refunds would cost Capcom more than just patching the game, though.

MUnited83

For you.
Cynical theory time: Capcom noticed that there's a mod in the works that restores the disabled "comfy couch" co-op mode and decided to offer refunds in lieu of patching the game. It's arguable that the refunds would cost Capcom more than just patching the game, though.

Definitely. Most of the 2P local mode code is still there.

zkylon

zkylewd

Dr Dogg

So Hexcells Bogstand Edition done in a smidge over 3 hours. Not too hard, a few head scratchers here and there for a brief couple of seconds but yeah can see why the series get's the love it does. Then Hexcells Plus scrambles my brain on the third set of levels. Stupid bloody game! :(

Be intresting to see how many actually take Capcom up on that offer. It was definitely mis-sold as having local campaign coop.

JaseC

First time ever I bought $10 tier from Humble.
Amazing bundle.

I was considering it myself until I double-checked my library and realised I bought HMH2 at some point. Must have been one of my final Winter Sale purchases.

Everyone should play Revolver 360

If nothing else, it's an amazing spectacle.
Plus it's y'know...actually a shooter.

I've got a few games in my Steam library that can be considered rhythm-shmups. I had no idea this was a thing.

Dr Dogg

They've done a couple of 'Physics for Game Programmers' talks over the years but far be it for me to ruin people's dreams that Valve will show something. What surprises me is that GDC has been a great resource for behind the scenes info and post mortems as well as tech talks for over a decade but only now are people seeming interested. Granted for completely different and loopy reasons that are not going to happen.

madjoki

Maybe someone has use for this?
It's Sniper Challenge only, not full game. (Don't know if it's included in Humble)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (madjoki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Sniper Challenge -- MB-733755287B593A52 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 8 entrants total.

t1424982795z1.png

They've done a couple of 'Physics for Game Programmers' talks over the years but far be it for me to ruin people's dreams that Valve will show something. What surprises me is that GDC has been a great resource for behind the scenes info and post mortems as well as tech talks for over a decade but only now are people seeming interested. Granted for completely different and loopy reasons that are not going to happen.

But it says "Satire" next to the title :p

shockdude

Went for the humble weekly bundle. Kamui, Revolver, etc were too good to pass up.

Also:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (shockdude, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-078DF71300A124DE - Taken by Purkake4. 6 entrants total.
Fairy Bloom Freesia Soundtrack -- MB-4205610F1D9A08E5 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.

t1424983815z1.png

JaseC

Oh, I should have mentioned that too. Whoops!

The download only ended up as 8.6 GB for me, english version. Don't know why Steam always fibs about the DL size.

The size you see in the initial pre-load/install window is that of the (unpacked) install. It'd be wrong of Valve to replace it with the download size seeing as the figure being reported is "Disk space required", which is an important detail to know when you go to install something. ;)

Why limit a Volvo guest character to a character as lifeless as Gordon Freeman?

Think of the potential Alyx Vance amiibos.

Lamarr would be the best addition.

The size you see in the initial pre-load/install window is the (unpacked) install size. It'd be wrong of Valve to replace it with the download size seeing as the figure being reported is "Disk space required".

Oooh, is that how it works? I never noticed.

You're right, that's a better way to report it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-7F0752122D544FC6 - Taken by TheLight

JaseC

Oooh, is that how it works? I never noticed.

You're right, that's a better way to report it.

Yeah, once the game has unlocked you'll notice its on-disk size is 13.5GB. Come to think of it, though, it is a little surprising that after all this time the install window doesn't report download size alongside the install size.

Jawmuncher

So Hexcells Bogstand Edition done in a smidge over 3 hours. Not too hard, a few head scratchers here and there for a brief couple of seconds but yeah can see why the series get's the love it does. Then Hexcells Plus scrambles my brain on the third set of levels. Stupid bloody game! :(

Be intresting to see how many actually take Capcom up on that offer. It was definitely mis-sold as having local campaign coop.

They did say they would still try to make it up to people who keep the game in someone.
Also I guess to the people who can't refund through steam.

"Nanomachines, son
Rules of nature
Great Soundtrack
Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series
The Time Has Come And So Have I
Smoking Sick Style
Stylish Action Game"

Steam tags, you used to be cool, what happened to you.

"Nanomachines, son
Rules of nature
Great Soundtrack
Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series
The Time Has Come And So Have I
Smoking Sick Style
Stylish Action Game"

Steam tags, you used to be cool, what happened to you.

They got rid of a lot of them, including useful ones like "Not a Game" (now we have to use "Walking Simulator") and "uPlay." (now we actually have to read closely about third-party DRM.) They even got rid of "Underrated," which is kinda weird. But people sure do like attaching Horror and Nudity tags to Disney games, as well as "Family Friendly" tags to horror games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom