• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
It gave me 1 and 2. Already had 1, separate key would've been nice :/

Well, technically speaking they are only offering the second game. The thing is that every retail/store sub got the first game on it, so you get it anyways. They couldn't have separated keys without essentially giving the first game twice because the first game is always included with the key of the second.

xBladeM6x

Dragonball Xenoverse is fucking awesome. All I can say, is this game must have had ex Phantasy Star developers working on it, because the lobbies, and everything to do with it, is like if they dumped a coat of Dragon Ball paint over Phantasy Star's system. Lol

Khronico

Dragonball Xenoverse is fucking awesome. All I can say, is this game must have had ex Phantasy Star developers working on it, because the lobbies, and everything to do with it, is like if they dumped a coat of Dragon Ball paint over Phantasy Star's system. Lol

Would someone unfamiliar with the series be able to jump in and enjoy it? I've actually never watched a single episode of anything Dragon Ball but the game looks like it could be fun.

xBladeM6x

Would someone unfamiliar with the series be able to jump in and enjoy it? I've actually never watched a single episode of anything Dragon Ball but the game looks like it could be fun.

I think it's more appreciated by current fans, but I think it's actually one of the better games in the series to pick up for someone unfamiliar with it, only because they're essentially going through a lot of the story again, but retcon'ing the whole thing. The story in this one centers around your custom character travelling through time to fix the broken timeline of the canon series' story, so you'll see all the series' major moments.

Since the story won't be immediately familiar to you, the combat is pretty cool. There's some small skill exploits you can do, but it's actually a rather deep, and complex fighting system. Also, some of the voice acting is hilarious. Lol

TL;DR - Yes, as a newcomer just don't take the story too seriously. It's always been wacky, and the combat is awesome.

meet Nytecide

ibl4Xv20zFSpNV.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of derExperte, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Syndicate -- MB-E281B7205F06B6B7 - Taken by xBladeM6x. 19 entrants total.

t1424999176z1.png

Teeth

I know this is the Steam thread, but does anyone want to split a Syndicate (FPS) 2 pack for origin? It's $5, so it'd be $2.50 a piece.

iosefe

You will when you hit level like... 20 iirc. Swamp planet. Whatever it was called.
Or did you mean the non-MMO games? =p

playing the MMO, currently 24. i assume you went with the Jedi Knight story and in that case you mean Taris.

i agree Taris is pretty damn big and there is a lot to do, but i'm really enjoying it

Turfster

playing the MMO, currently 24. i assume you went with the Jedi Knight story and in that case you mean Taris.

i agree Taris is pretty damn big and there is a lot to do, but i'm really enjoying it

God no, fuck the Jedi storylines, they were boring as fuck. =p
The only good storyline is Imperial Agent.

Jawmuncher

I paid 50 for The Old Republic.
Barely played it and I think I bought a year with it to. Storyline couldn't hide I was playing a MMO

iosefe

i've heard good things about it. i started a character, but i also wanted to play what the kotor 3 pitch was. thats what the jedi knight storyline is
I paid 50 for The Old Republic.
Barely played it and I think I bought a year with it to. Storyline couldn't hide I was playing a MMO

thats a lot of built up Cartel coins....

>_>

Jawmuncher

i've heard good things about it. i started a character, but i also wanted to play what the kotor 3 pitch was. thats what the jedi knight storyline is

thats a lot of built up Cartel coins....

>_>

They keep telling me to come back.
I should just to see where I left off.

Zafir

I played SWTOR for quite some time after it's launch. Really liked it's PvP. I still don't particularly get what everyone hated about it.

It's no KotOR 3, but it's as close as we're going to get for the moment. It's just a shame they seemed to have butchered Revan in it. Not played the latest expansion, but what they did to him in the novel and the game was blergh.

Jedi Knight: Pretty good
Jedi Consular: You'll lose the will to live
Trooper: Meh
Smuggler: Quite funny
Sith Warrior: Very good
Sith Inquisitor: Pretty good, chance to use lightning to end all convos
Bounty Hunter: So boring
Agent: Awesome

Also imp classes have much better light vs. dark consequences, light side imps are working against the system from the inside. Pub side, the dark side is poorly written and basically comes down to you're a dick and the people who should known better like the Jedi Council just don't care.

Turfster

list of SWTOR classes
I agree with this, mostly. Played all of them except Jedi Knight, after starting with Consular and falling asleep shortly thereafter, I swore off all things jedi =p
The smuggler storyline was enjoyable, but pretty rough back when I played it during closed beta.
I moved to imp agent and never looked back after that.
Did they ever go anywhere with the storylines after that ice moon or whatever it was (the snow planet not Hoth)?

I agree with this, mostly. Played all of them except Jedi Knight, after starting with Consular and falling asleep shortly thereafter, I swore off all things jedi =p
The smuggler storyline was enjoyable, but pretty rough back when I played it during closed beta.
I moved to imp agent and never looked back after that.
Did they ever go anywhere with the storylines after that ice moon or whatever it was (the snow planet not Hoth)?

Ilum? Not really. The Makeb expansion (50-55) was just one story for pubs and one story for imps, no class stories at all. The new expansion(56-60) is even lazier, the exact same story for both sides though they did add a small quest for each class of varying quality.

There is a new planet coming in late April, Ziost, that is supposedly story heavy. Will have to wait and see.

wilflare

okay folks some question

(1) what's the procedure for FlyVPN (remember the friend with the RER2 key problem?)
should he start FlyVPN after turning Steam on or what (or the other way round - will that prompt Steam Guard?)

(2) is the $10 bundle worth it?!

-----

and (3) I DIDN'T GET THE NEOGAF EMOTE :/
maybe I should craft another level badge for Feep's game

I tried to make my guy look a bit more "normal" Lol. He looks a bit tired, and ended up giving him that "I don't have time for your shit" kind of look. Lol

I ended up deleting my first one and made someone close but different hair and color...only thing I lost was one level since I had just started so no loss really

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I added IndieGoGo games to my Kickstarter Google Doc. I am tracking every IndieGoGo game that has ever made at least 25k*.

http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lFW2sjShHriYRsyuVZx4Se8Qxjw38VJk4g-7cls8cpg/
(There are 17 such games--click the IndieGoGo tab at the bottom of the sheet)

* I exclude a few flexible funding games that earned way less than they asked for. I have no idea how you can ask for $100,000, make $10,000, and still finish your product. Flexible funding strikes me as pretty transparently a scam to the point that I have to imagine anyone donating to a flexible funding campaign expects to lose their money, so I don't really understand how to interpret failure to deliver in those cases.

Sölf

God bless the japan bundle, I got like 2 foil cards in a row (and still 17 more to get). So let's see if they actually get sold.

Jawmuncher

okay folks some question

(1) what's the procedure for FlyVPN (remember the friend with the RER2 key problem?)
should he start FlyVPN after turning Steam on or what (or the other way round - will that prompt Steam Guard?)

(2) is the $10 bundle worth it?!

-----

and (3) I DIDN'T GET THE NEOGAF EMOTE :/
maybe I should craft another level badge for Feep's game
Log out of steam, use FlyVPN, log into steam, activate key, log out of steam, turn off flyvpn, log into steam download game and play.

2)maybe
3)you're not GAF enough

wilflare

Log out of steam, use FlyVPN, log into steam, activate key, log out of steam, turn off flyvpn, log into steam download game and play.

2)maybe
3)you're not GAF enough

don't do this to me Jaw :(

(2) what's the best way to get all those language packs... lol

(3) just put in buy orders for more cards... I got a :miranda: emote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom