• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

titch

I added IndieGoGo games to my Kickstarter Google Doc. I am tracking every IndieGoGo game that has ever made at least 25k*.

http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lFW2sjShHriYRsyuVZx4Se8Qxjw38VJk4g-7cls8cpg/
(There are 17 such games--click the IndieGoGo tab at the bottom of the sheet)

* I exclude a few flexible funding games that earned way less than they asked for. I have no idea how you can ask for $100,000, make $10,000, and still finish your product. Flexible funding strikes me as pretty transparently a scam to the point that I have to imagine anyone donating to a flexible funding campaign expects to lose their money, so I don't really understand how to interpret failure to deliver in those cases.

A few abject failures there - ouch!!

Jawmuncher

Yep

w9YHekp.jpg

Those are some nice DVDs
its amazing vinyl is still around. The true music aficionado media

Uzzy

Squeenix announces delay to Life is Strange Episode 2, but does not say how much longer it will be.

I wonder if they decided to do something about the leaks, like how people were theorizing Telltale did for TWAU. I don't recall if that had any factual basis to it or not, though.

Life is Strange that way.

Seriously though, that's some sad news. Hope it's not too long a delay. But it just shows that waiting for all the episodes to come out for these episodic titles is a sensible option.

Alright guys, having beat the Dead Man's Switch campaign of Shadowrun Returns last night, I'm starting Dragonfall and I'm returning to you guys to name my new female elf runner. While this is a new story, the tale of Sanic No-Knuckles will go down in history.
EDIT: Chosen

Shadownet

Banned
I have Episode 1 (Haven't redeem it yet). Should I just jump on Life is Strange season pass from Newegg? Or wait. Now that Episode 2 has been delayed.

Arrgh, don't you hate in Hexcells when you are near the end of a level and you missclick a hex for one mistake and all it is does is add tension for the rest of the puzzle to avoid another stuff up! Your brain goes and you forget whether its left click for blue or right click and vice versa!

Terra_Ex

Sigh. I want, but £40? You gotta be kidding.
Indeed, that's some serious wishful thinking from Koei, especially in light of the late-breaking news of them ditching dual audio. Not to worry though Koei, just as you are tightening the purse strings, I'll be doing the same and waiting for that 75% off price point. And I see there are already a whole host of dlcs costing more than the base game itself, yet again. Yeah...

I have Episode 1 (Haven't redeem it yet). Should I just jump on Life is Strange season pass from Newegg? Or wait. Now that Episode 2 has been delayed.
If it's cheap, then sure hop on, episode 1 by itself is a pretty fun game if you're into TellTale style games but with more exploration and puzzles(albeit just as simple as the few puzzles telltale have in their games)

Being that there may be a chance this happens again with a future episode, I personally wait until a solid date for the final episode. I just hate waiting for episodic content to release, especially if it hooks me in. It's why I rather play visual novels...at least the whole story is there.

Played an hour of dbz, I spent like a good 15 minutes on the character creation and I forgot to change the color of my gloves... Looks too similar to my skin color :( anyways if you're interested in what my character looks like go to my steam profile, I'm on mobile right now.
I know no one will go see it :(

Parsnip

Boop.
Looks like Camouflaj are awesome and are not going to remove the Republique beta keys, so now I have a second copy of this game.

Good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Republique Remastered -- MB-65CA6C1A8E6E764B - Taken by Atraveller. 65 entrants total.

t1425015917z1.png

Robaperas

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Robaperas, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-4BA42CBDE9549267 - Taken by xGreg. 9 entrants total.

t1425016756z1.png

ExoSoul

Banned
Played an hour of dbz, I spent like a good 15 minutes on the character creation and I forgot to change the color of my gloves... Looks too similar to my skin color :( anyways if you're interested in what my character looks like go to my steam profile, I'm on mobile right now.
I know no one will go see it :(
I see you went with that race, does she also want a cookie?

Edit: just broke 200 games wohhoo.

DB Xenoverse is a fun game and will be better once I get better with the controls. I already got a Dragon Ball as a reward from one of the side missions.

I see you went with that race, does she also want a cookie?

Edit: just broke 200 games wohhoo.

you went to go see it <3 yea it was either that or frieza race. i spent a good 3 minutes deciding. anyways im back on pc and heres what she looks like just cause i wanna share it

the steam community pictures load so fucking slow that i get frustrated bruh. damn man

Meet my Xenoverse Hero. He's beautiful... And about four feet tall.

I wouldn't have spent so much time messing with uniform colours had I realized they'd be replaced right away. Would have sped up character creation a great deal.

Is Dragon Ball good with keyboard and mouse controls?

It's been pretty clunky so far, but playable. Once I get used to the controls it'll be OK, I think. Controllers might be a bit easier to use, though.

The keys for some menus are really awkward or unintuitive, but the controls are highly remappable and displayed in UI prompts.

Nordicus

That sound like it's over 9000.

Am I doing this joke right? I've never watched any Dragon Ball.
Goddamnit, argh! I wish I had thought of that obvious joke myself.
Meet my Xenoverse Hero. He's beautiful... And about four feet tall.

I wouldn't have spent so much time messing with uniform colours had I realized they'd be replaced right away. Would have sped up character creation a great deal.
Yes, male Majin represent!
It's been pretty clunky so far, but playable. Once I get used to the controls it'll be OK, I think. Controllers might be a bit easier to use, though.
Even on a controller the controls take a bit to get used to. It felt really weird for first 60-90 minutes, but after that I smashed through the story missions all the way to the first one against Frieza. I need to utilize defense a bit better, but I think I've gotten the hang of the combo system

autoduelist

darn, looks like convoy got delayed to april? well, i don't mind i guess... prefer it to be the best it can be.

anyone here play the f2p game 'robocraft'? steam is recommending it to me, and it looks kinda awesome. i realize i could just try it since it's f2p, but my time is extremely limited right now so i'm more curious than anything else

fenners

I won a copy of Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ in a recent Modbot giveaway thanks to Parsnip so it's only fair I give it a bit of a review.

I've played a fair few of the recent visual novels/dating sim or whatever to call 'em that have landed on Steam, getting out of my comfort zone on them for sure, with Long Live The Queen being the best I've experienced by far. Go! Go! Nippon is an odd mix for sure - part Japanese travelogue and part blatant dating sim, with the travelogue utterly first & foremost for the beginning of the game. It takes a good long time before you can make a choice that seems to *matter*. And the parents being out of town is oh so perfect timing ;)

I'm charmed by it, but you got to to know you're going to largely read about Japan & experiencing it as a tourist for a good chunk of the game. And the rest is very in your face dating sim. :)

Play Dragonball Xenoverse. It is pure fun in video game form.
So, apparently DBZ Xenoverse is an RPG.

Everything is an RPG. Even this very thread.

Yes, male Majin represent!
Even on a controller the controls take a bit to get used to. It felt really weird for first 60-90 minutes, but after that I smashed through the story missions all the way to the first one against Frieza. I need to utilize defense a bit better, but I think I've gotten the hang of the combo system
Yeah, I don't understand blocking, evading, or defense in general at all right now.

I really wish it was possible to dash in hubs.

And by the way, your Majin has the best eyes. I would've chosen them but I wanted the Evil Majin Glare&#8482;.

Well actually, kinda yeah. It's an RPG in the same way as say Monster Hunter, Phantasy Star Online and Destiny are RPGs. It's heavy on character customization through loot

For real?
I really didn't dig into Xenoverse because I thought it's just another fighting game like Naruto. Now you get me interested.
I'll go check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom