• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
So I was thinking, since HTC is rumoured to be the hardware partner for the Valve VR headset(anonymous reddit poster is the source) and HTC is also going to put out a VR headset next month. Perhaps we will see Steam for Android announced around GDC? Having Steam preloaded as the gaming hub on the next HTC One would be pretty substantial.

Woah. It just looks like there are way too many VR machines out, and each are tied to its own platform. The MS rumored VR device, Playstation's Morpheus, Volvo's VR machine, Facebook's occulus(but not really tied to only facebook) ...

why can't we just have VR machines that works with different APIs?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i bought this game for like 7 bucks last summer and never played it, and now its in a humble bundle!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (davepoobond, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-9DD724D641FD788A - Taken by dot

first come first serve since i'm sure there's a ton of these floating around anyway

Just finished The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
12th game finished this year - Time taken: 8.6hrs
Overall, it was an alright game, not great, not bad, just alright.
It had some interesting ideas, but it felt a bit flat, the fact that you could explore the XCOM base on foot was great, but without an interesting supporting cast like mass effect, I didn't really want to explore it, it just took so long to get from engineering to the lab back to main area, I only explored it when the game forced me to.

I also encountered a few bugs which were odd, lots of audio overlap, people saying stuff like "Ah, Carter, it's good to see you there's something I need to discuss with you" after I had completed their quest and their character model had been removed, and once I shot a outsider into the stratosphere(the last bug is alright by me tho)

The only character I can really remember is Officer Chulski and that's just cuz I noticed she looked a lot like that Natalia Poklonskaya.

The environments were really nice though(in the main missions anyway) they had a lot of detail in them and looked really quite gorgeous(the game in general has a nice look to it)

If you can get it for cheap, I'd recommend giving it a shot, otherwise just skip it.

_hekk05

Banned
Just finished The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
12th game finished this year - Time taken: 8.6hrs
Overall, it was an alright game, not great, not bad, just alright.
It had some interesting ideas, but it felt a bit flat, the fact that you could explore the XCOM base on foot was great, but without an interesting supporting cast like mass effect, I didn't really want to explore it, it just took so long to get from engineering to the lab back to main area, I only explored it when the game forced me to.

I also encountered a few bugs which were odd, lots of audio overlap, people saying stuff like "Ah, Carter, it's good to see you there's something I need to discuss with you" after I had completed their quest and their character model had been removed, and once I shot a outsider into the stratosphere(the last bug is alright by me tho)

The only character I can really remember is Officer Chulski and that's just cuz I noticed she looked a lot like that Natalia Poklonskaya.

The environments were really nice though(in the main missions anyway) they had a lot of detail in them and looked really quite gorgeous(the game in general has a nice look to it)

If you can get it for cheap, I'd recommend giving it a shot, otherwise just skip it.

This pleases me greatly

ybdnrb.png

dex3108

I am watching Curse of Oak Island and man i miss good treasure adventure games/movies :( Any recommendation for treasure adventure games SteamGAF that are not Uncharted and TR?

It is all music, 7 albums actually. There's also the Greenlight bundle pre-order with 9 games.

Made me check other bundles.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Astro Emporia -- MB-6CDF0EA6BC4CEF39 - Taken by sensoft04

Monooboe

So I had a "get together" at my place last night and people wanted to try out the Oculus Rift and the reactions people had to it was amazing. That first moment when people just go "wooooow". They aren't gamers and still thought it was awesome, so if they really pull of making it light weight and small and most importantly kind of social, it will have mass appeal.

ExoSoul

Banned
So I had a "get together" at my place last night and people wanted to try out the Oculus Rift and the reactions people had to it was amazing. That first moment when people just go "wooooow". They aren't gamers and still thought it was awesome, so if they really pull of making it light weight and small and most importantly kind of social, it will have mass appeal.
No one's doubting that, it's if they appeal enough to make people buy them (price) that's the issue.

zkylon

zkylewd
League's one of those games I'd probably have more fun watching than playing anyway. I do like some of the character designs, though. DJ Sona has a very Vocaloid-ish look to her.

prolly not, unless you have some knowledge about the game it's hard to even follow all the flashy things on screen

kurahador

Fuck!! So I paused There Came an Echo download (<100 MB left) for a minute to make youtube load faster, pressed resume and now it starts right from the beginning.

ExoSoul

Banned
True, but I was kind of doubting the mass appeal part, at least outside of those who also like games. Yeah the price is crucial, it has to be cheap.

Actually there's something interesting you could do if you're willing:
- Ask those that seemed more enthusiastic about it how much they would be willing to pay for the device alone.

Specially considering they're not that into gaming it's the perfect group of test subjects.

Fuck!! So I paused There Came an Echo download (<100 MB left) for a minute to make youtube load faster, pressed resume and now it starts right from the beginning.
TCAE keeps downloading the same 300Mb patch for me and keeps getting stuck after the "Seriously, don't yell" screen =/

Spare
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

White Noise Online -- MB-02FC93A2357BA3DA - Taken by Saty
Obludia -- MB-9861BE71F6ECD14A - Taken by Megauap
The Slaughtering Grounds -- MB-DF788A4342454987 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Crystals of Time -- MB-4884C2CEF9C66420 - Taken by Loptous

Tizoc

No they didn't. Was still running like crap for me.

Is Higurashi out?

FF13's FPS is more consistent for me now though *shrugs*

Ugh my 2 week vacation starts tomorrow, gonna put some time in replaying Yakuza 4 and clearing up some of my backlog *o*

MadGear

SE will never fix XIII-2's frame-rate, will they?

I believe I read something a few weeks ago that someone found a way to disable the Engines internal frame pacing by editing the .exe with a hex-editor. Some people seemed to claim that this actually fixes the issue, maybe you should look into that and give it a try.

Tizoc

I need more Falcom action/adventure game goodness in my life.
XSEED pls. Gimme release date for Xanadu Next. Gimme announcemt of Zwei 1+2. Give me Ys 6 release date.
GIVE ME THAT FALCOM ACTION ADVENTURE GOODNESS!

OK seriously has anyone played Republique yet? I don't mind getting it for $20 but I wanna hear impressions.

Maniac

Banned
Fuck, the perspective on most of those HMD concepts are fucking awful.

Quite like the headcrab, though.

And fuck! I wanted to start playing Echo today, buuuut I've just about lost my voice entirely. Typical, sigh.

Maniac

Banned
We Happy Few looks sexy. The vibe n' tone reminds me a lot of Bioshock 1 infused with some Infinite.

And I mean that as a compliment. Looking forward to seeing more of it in the coming weeks / months :]

FEK FORGOT TO CHANGE TABS, GRR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom