• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
Welp, a certain boss is kicking my ass
prior to me realising that you're actually supposed to hop everywhere during boss battles and abuse invincebility
in Fairy Bloom Freesia.... I wasn't expecting that.

rtcn63

I want them to tease that of course, Half Life 3 is never coming, Gaben can't count to 3, etc... then right after, announce Half Life 4.

Tizoc

Starting to like ff xiii a bit more. I'm guessing Vanille is from pulse, or am I wrong?

Correct.
One suggestion I'll give is to focus on Sab and Syn roles first for characters who have it. Sab becomes one of the most useful roles mid to late game.
Alsodon't sell any of your equipment or weapons.

AHA-Lambda

I just realised the 10th March is insane ._.

Dreamfall Chapters Episode 2
The Evil Within DLC
Hotline Miami 2

Don't make me choose! ;_;

ok it's HM2

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
here you go - some new(ish) and interesting-looking stuff from the coming soon section :)
header.jpg

I supported this one on kickstarter, can't wait to play it :)

-MD-

For some reason you forgot the only game that matters on March 10th, Cities Skylines.

Seems like one of those city simulators comes out on PC every few weeks.

Only building simulator I have interest in is a new (good) RollerCoaster Tycoon.

In a couple of months it's going to be 1 and a half year since Black Mesa retail has been announced as coming soon. The updates since then have been about prop retouches and MP map dev blogs. Next month it's going to be one year since we heard anything about OBM and Guard Duty. And it won't take too long now for JaseC to make the "TF2 has been surpassed..." thread. This franchise is cursed lol

Woah. It just looks like there are way too many VR machines out, and each are tied to its own platform. The MS rumored VR device, Playstation's Morpheus, Volvo's VR machine, Facebook's occulus(but not really tied to only facebook) ...

why can't we just have VR machines that works with different APIs?

There needs to be a standardization in this field or VR will be hampered.

Jawmuncher

In a couple of months it's going to be 1 and a half year since Black Mesa retail has been announced as coming soon. The updates since then have been about prop retouches and MP map dev blogs. Next month it's going to be one year since we heard anything about OBM and Guard Duty. And it won't take too long now for JaseC to make the "TF2 has been surpassed..." thread. This franchise is cursed lol

Does it include decay?
Because if it doesn't we might as well wait longer until that's there.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The franchise is cursed because all people ever do is bitch about it constantly. They have slowly become the most irritating fan base on the Internet for video games. I love Half-Life as much as anyone but I have pushed 3 out of my mind and it's annoying to be reminded of it on a weekly basis.

Parsnip

new broken age update talks about making the documentary available for free to everyone

i bet a lot of dumbos will cry about it but i'm 100% for it. it's a fantastic documentary and easily the best thing that came out of the project (hopefully act 2 will remedy that) so i'm glad whatever little money i put into the kickstarter helped people get something awesome for free

u guys should, it's great

I said in the DF forum thread about the broken age docu that they should put it up on Steam streaming for free. Seemed like most people in the thread were fine with it too. It's not going to change the attitude against double fine that seems to crop up in every thread about them these days, but everyone should see it because it's a great docu.

As for hotline miami, it always just looked like something that would induce a headache after 5 minutes of playing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
new broken age update talks about making the documentary available for free to everyone

i bet a lot of dumbos will cry about it but i'm 100% for it. it's a fantastic documentary and easily the best thing that came out of the project (hopefully act 2 will remedy that) so i'm glad whatever little money i put into the kickstarter helped people get something awesome for free

I'm still waiting on my Steam key for the OST. There's no excuse now that it's available separately.

Maniac

Banned
For some reason you forgot the only game that matters on March 10th, Cities Skylines.

Good man. I was about to say the very same thing!
Seems like one of those city simulators comes out on PC every few weeks.

Only building simulator I have interest in is a new (good) RollerCoaster Tycoon.

What imaginary world are you living in? Cause I wish I was there :(

Really though, that may be the case, but it's been actual years since a good one came out. (That's if we don't include Banished, but Banished is it's own little thing and hard to define)
There needs to be a standardization in this field or VR will be hampered.

That's where OSVR's SDK / whoever else does an open, standardised SDK comes in. Whether it's Oculus, Valve, OSVR, I don't know. But a standard, one-size-fits-all, easy to develop for SDK is key for VR to succeed.

Corpekata

Banned
The only people that will complain about the DF documentary being made available will be concern trolls that didn't back the game anyway. Source: Practically every kickstarter game or Early access game discussion.

Dr Dogg

Well I was going to get tucked into RE Rev2's Raid mode this weekend but that's still fucked for me. So I though why not replay the SP levels and get all the unlocks but that's been burchered by the latest patch. So fuck it I guess it's back to getting my arse handed to me by Chapter 10 of Hotline Miami or my brain turned to mush by Hexcells Infinite.

kurahador

I cannot believe how ugly Injustice actually is. The color palette, the models, the good old NetherRealm animations... UGH

Yeah. Wonder Woman and Raven design/character model sucks.

Also...as someone who's far into Injustice comics before playing the game, the game story is disappointing as hell. And the rush+deus ex machina ending made it even worse.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Just a curiosity: someone here never feel bad by playing Hitman Codename 47?
I usually have not problems on playing games, but in my entire gamer's life two titles gave me problems: the first is Amy, on PS3. I felt bad for one entire day, a terrible headache and massive nausea.
The second one is Hitman: I can't stand how the camera moves, giving me the same problem.

The first Soul Reaver game on the PlayStation used to give me some sort of eyestrain headache after awhile from all the panning you had to do with it's camera; I imagine it had a low frame rate as well.

Typically when a game gives someone problems, messing around with the FOV helps. Framerate probably isn't an issue unless it's capped low for some reason?

The PCGamingWiki article mentions something about widescreen possibly causing the camera to shake, that might be it?

BigAT

Guys, I don't know if anyone has ever mentioned this before, but Hexcells is really fucking good :)

Thanks to whoever recommended it. I picked up the 3-pack during the sale and I'm loving it so far, already finished the original and like halfway through Plus.

legacyzero

Banned
Hmmm. This is interesting to me...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/266310/

Have you always dreamed of making a game but have no wish to delve into the mystical realms of programming or 3D art creation? GameGuru allows you to fulfill your dreams in a non technical, fun and extremely easy to share way. Create games that you can literally play with others in minutes.

I absolutely dig this kind of shit. Not gonna buy it just yet though. It's Early Access. I wanna see what their overall plan is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom