• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright.
fd4pjQXm.jpg
Oh my god, that Samus amiibo looks so good.
I wish EBGames had it in stock since it's the only one I REALLY want(Although I did recently preorder the Princess Peach amiibo, she'll have to do for my amiibo needs)

Thorgal

After 2-3 years on steam , today i realized i do not have Bad rats on my account .

Not sure if i should take that as a mark of honor or that i haven't bought enough Gamebundles yet ?

I don't know if you guys ever try it or not. But I'm really enjoying How To Survive. Its not an amazing game by any extent, but its just keeping me hooked with the gameplay. Crafting better weapons, armors. Its busy stuff. But its satisfying.

Already put 11 hours into it and I don't think I'm even close to bring done.

Also Golden Boomerang is OP.
and I got 2.

Took me 11 hours to beat the game with the ranged chick. It's a fun little game, but the ending section is such shit.

_hekk05

Banned
Living in asialand, and here are the clear winners:

Handhelds: 3ds wins by a mile. Vita support is crap, though there is a very small fanbase

Last gen: ps3, with 360 quite close behind

Current gen: ps4, no questions, though uptake is slow

PC is quite popular, but isn't an option for a lot of people. Its like if everything is more expensive by 20%, and there are never any sales, nor free shipping.

We seem to flip flop Nintendo or playstation.
We never really talk about Xbox though.
I imagine we'll start talking about the Xbox once Scalebound comes out.
I'm probably gonna get an xbone for scalebound, the Wii U is my Bayo 2 and W101 machine anyway so it'll be nothin' new for me :p

Chariot

PC is quite popular, but isn't an option for a lot of people. Its like if everything is more expensive by 20%, and there are never any sales, nor free shipping.
Huh, I was under the impression that PC gaming is rather popoular in asia, just not with high-end gaming, but rather old and bad looking games that run on a potato.

_hekk05

Banned
Huh, I was under the impression that PC gaming is rather popular in asia, just not with high-end gaming, but rather old and bad looking games that run on a potato.

Well we have lan centers everywhere here in sg and they're really cheap (1.5 - 2.5 per hour). Dota and CS are king.

Beyond that most other games have really small communities. You'd be glad to have 100 people playing an indie here. There's more for AAAs, but those communities decline too rapidly over time.

And 1-3 die per year in the PC cafes

Those are weaklings lol

Where can one buy a not really expensive NA 3DS in Taiwan? I only paided 180 for my vita. Which I imported from JP. n3DS XL (NA version) is 270..

Paid 120 incl shipping for my vita. cheap 3ds are hard to find since its popular, the new 3ds even more so.

I can find the 3ds XL for about 200 usd in stores here, nt too sure about TW, though I hear TW can only play TW,KR games. Do you want an NA one?

Maniac

Banned
Yup, you saw through me :p I am waiting till March where I hope AMD will bring out 3xx series. Some say July though. Don't know if I'll wait that long :/
But to be honest, after reading many benchmarks I swayed 180 degrees to the red side.
Phawx and others wrote here that the 3xx series is apparently going to feature some unusual new stuff like stacked RAM (which should lead to loads of RAM (more is always better amirite :p)) and HBM (High Bandwidth Memory). I don't recall such huge improvements happening regularly with yearly GPU releases, so I think the wait will be worth it.

That's pretty awesome that you broke even with a 290! That thing is a beast. You should post more - or better start posting screenshots of your games :)
I believe Nvidia's next architecture, Volta, features HBM, stacked / cube-ram aswell as NVLink (which is a fucking exciting feature, mind)

My 780'll hold me over till then. And after the fuckload of problems I've had with Team Red, I'm never going back there. :p

Milamber

I believe Nvidia's next architecture, Volta, features HBM, stacked / cube-ram aswell as NVLink (which is a fucking exciting feature, mind)

My 780'll hold me over till then. And after the fuckload of problems I've had with Team Red, I'm never going back there. :p

Don't know if I want to upgrade to some GTX 1080 8 GB VRAM (1 GB locked) Nvidia card.

Chariot

And 1-3 die per year in the PC cafes

Well we have lan centers everywhere here in sg and they're really cheap (1.5 - 2.5 per hour). Dota and CS are king.

Beyond that most other games have really small communities. You'd be glad to have 100 people playing an indie here. There's more for AAAs, but those communities decline too rapidly over time.
Oh, that's embarrassing. Forgot about that possibility despite my own brother in Vietnam owning a internet cafe. Can't imagine gaming in a public place.

_hekk05

Banned
Oh, that's embarrassing. Forgot about that possibility despite my own brother in Vietnam owning a internet cafe. Can't imagine gaming in a public place.

There's a lot of atmosphere actually.

10 men dota matches, 16 men CS matches when you had enough friends were the best, and sometimes you could find another team of 5 to play against in a scrimm.

Its also a lot more civilised than online since the guy you're scolding is literally sitting just one row away.

Yes NA..if N didn't region block could get a n3DS for 175 imported from JP.

Looks like your best bet is to get them from Amazon or newegg, assuming they deliver.

Jawmuncher

Wait a minute......it's March now.
When is the new thread? If I say I'm going to make it here in a little bit that usually summons MRORANGE.

ExoSoul

Banned
Wait a minute......it's March now.
When is the new thread? If I say I'm going to make it here in a little bit that usually summons MRORANGE.
And we didn't reach more than 400 pages

That's all the "OK" I need to start shit-posting. /s

It all makes sense now: It just hit me, the Volvo talk at GDC on the 3rd is not about HL3 or Steam machines/remotes or even VR or anything like that.
Valve was kind enough to prepare a hall so that Mr.Orange can present us 2014's GotY(s) in proper fashion.

wilflare

Those are weaklings lol

Paid 120 incl shipping for my vita. cheap 3ds are hard to find since its popular, the new 3ds even more so.

I can find the 3ds XL for about 200 usd in stores here, nt too sure about TW, though I hear TW can only play TW,KR games. Do you want an NA one?

I smile every time I see a Vita gamer on our MRTs
I frown when I see a 3DS gamer... :(
(I own the console too it's just REALLY uncomfortable)

_hekk05

Banned
I smile every time I see a Vita gamer on our MRTs
I frown when I see a 3DS gamer... :(
(I own the console too it's just REALLY uncomfortable)

psp still going strong, plus all the 3ds players are just playing monhun. Nintendo really killed psvita's potential by securing monhun as an exclusive.

Seriously, 5 of my friends bought a new 3ds just to play that thing

titch

Still not convinced with my team red card - i know it's only a 260x but i get a niggling feeling something just doesn't seem right with it.

Might just be AMD but browser flash just seemed more stable on my NVIDIA.

Pakkidis

I have a question about vsync that I can't find on google

I know vsync matches your frame rate to the the monitors refresh rate to eliminate screen tearing. However if you increase graphical options, (high shadows, 16x Antialiasing etc.) with vsync still match the refresh rate?

What I'm trying to say is will vsync hard lock your frame rate to the refresh rate regardless of graphical options you have enabled?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I have a question about vsync that I can't find on google

I know vsync matches your frame rate to the the monitors refresh rate to eliminate screen tearing. However if you increase graphical options, (high shadows, 16x Antialiasing etc.) with vsync still match the refresh rate?

What I'm trying to say is will vsync hard lock your frame rate to the refresh rate regardless of graphical options you have enabled?

It will only prevent it from going over the monitor refresh rate, it doesn't actually lock it down to that number specifically. If you crank settings up your framerate will be effected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom