• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Pretty sure I've kindled every bonfire I've came across. So I guess I just need "git gud" as the saying goes.

try sprinting more rather than trying to dodge or block

also don't use lock on

but yeah it's one of those fights that gives you trouble until you become decent at the game, i remember gaping dragon taking me a bunch of tries to get the first time

BHK3

Banned
Is there a way to deactivate online access for certain games on Steam? I can't play xenoverse at all because it just sits at the connecting screen, I dont even where this thing came from because Ive been playing just fine the past few days with no issues. I have having to always be in Offline mode just to play one game that SHOCKINGLY has poor online infrastructure.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a way to deactivate online access for certain games on Steam? I can't play xenoverse at all because it just sits at the connecting screen, I dont even where this thing came from because Ive been playing just fine the past few days with no issues. I have having to always be in Offline mode just to play one game that SHOCKINGLY has poor online infrastructure.

Windows Firewall allows you to block network access at the executable level.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Did you ever pick up the humble weekly, by the way?

Sadly couldn't get it. I have the exact budget to pay my phone this month and help with the internet and after that no money until I get a new job.(Which I have to pay half of the costs that took to pay he car fix from the accident as soon as I get the job.) : /

Turfster

Okay, Wildfire is a pretty damn brilliant stealth game.
Try out the alpha build and you'll agree with me =p

(Yes it's not on Steam yet. No I don't care =p)

Actually, while I'm at it, let me also plug NEON STRUCT, which will be on Steam later this month.

I believe you need to be on Firefox v36+. Some people have also reported they had to manually enable it on version 36, if you are already on that version.

I am running the nightly version of Firefox and it works fine.
Yeah, I searched for guides and found out that it is only possible with the new 36 FF version which just came out.

But that is not even enough. You have to go to about:config and search for media.mediasource and enable all four results to "true".

But even then it was not enough. You have to go to https://www.youtube.com/html5 and switch to HTML5 player.

Only after this you get the 720p60/1080p60 options. Weirdly though it is heavily laggy playback which resulted in only wasted time :/

I am going to try nightly and waterfox though now. Maybe I'll have more luck there.
Anyone have any hints for the Gaping Dragon? Been having a couple of issues with him in Dark Souls. Right now I'm thinking of just grinding enough souls to level me up to use the Black Knight Sword, I tried the gold pine resin that the merchant near the boss sold which was working, but I died and I've ran out, so that's no longer an option.
Gaping was for me by far the hardest boss -_-
You really are the safest at its sides. I spammed magic and pyro and afterwards took my sword. I did him fairly early and alone which may have lead to my many deaths.

Just a tip. Cutting his tail will net you a unique weapon not available any other way.

ViviOggi

started playing system shock 2... it's like a poor man's indie bioshock clone

we'll see how it goes

9mtZW9A.jpg

Jawmuncher

are these ads popping up for other mobile SteamGaf posters? They're beyond ridiculous. I thought the ads go by what's said in the thread.
image8mssy.jpg

image4osbf.jpg

tmarg

are these ads popping up for other mobile SteamGaf posters? They're beyond ridiculous. I thought the ads go by what's said in the thread.
image8mssy.jpg

image4osbf.jpg

For me it's gone by past browsing history. Any time I visit a store page for a major retailers, I get ads for the exact product for about a week.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Feels good adding Grim Fandango to the 100% DF club on my account. I still need to get back to The Cave at some point and Broken Age will probably be pretty straight-forward. I'm never gonna bother with Brutal Legend though.

dfswagd0uly.jpg

Jawmuncher

For me it's gone by past browsing history. Any time I visit a store page for a major retailers, I get ads for the exact product for about a week.

I need to see what random site I went to once that led to this. Weird since in the Amiibo thread it picks up when figma is mentioned and will display the ad sooner or later. Despite never googling or visiting that site.

image8mssy.jpg

image4osbf.jpg

I get travel, Flight Centre, adds. Buy tickets to Hong Kong, buy tickets to Sweden, buy tickets to Denmark and even Buy tickets to Cameroon!

Jawmuncher

Feels good adding Grim Fandango to the 100% DF club on my account. I still need to get back to The Cave at some point and Broken Age will probably be pretty straight-forward. I'm never gonna bother with Brutal Legend though.

dfswagd0uly.jpg

Stacking is still in my top 10 game time list because it refuse to actually shut off and I never noticed until way too late. Regardless you should definitley go and finish the other two some day. I agree though I wouldn't bother with Brutal Legend. Way too much of a grind.

Kaleinc

Banned
Same 8 hours in Stacking but 6/21 achievos.

tmarg

Is this because of the ads that Milamber posted the other day?

I got an ad for a financing company and another for Origin pre-built desktops while viewing this thread on mobile gaf.

I need to see what random site I went to once that led to this. Weird since in the Amiibo thread it picks up when figma is mentioned and will display the ad sooner or later. Despite never googling or visiting that site.

If it runs out of relevant stuff, it definitely just gives me random bullshit too. I get a lot of for profit Universities, even though I graduated from a real college almost a decade ago.

Nightly and Waterfox are much better for watching 60FPS videos on youtube. Sadly the playback is laggy compared to Chrome so it will stay my main browser.

Nightly has the weird habit of only having one tab cached at the time though which leads to constant reloads upon trying to view an already opened tab.

Waterfox does not do that and it feels much snappier than regular Firefox. I think I will use it from now on in tandem with Chrome.

Wow, Origin is doing a sale where ME trilogy is 21$/28€... at the same time that it's 15$ on Amazon. Hell, all these sale prices are at least 30% and sometimes even 100% more expensive than the current one on Amazon. What are you doing, EA?
Euro tax, that's why. Not sure how much the trilogy is on US Origin, but it should be closer to Amazon's.

Jawmuncher

Stacking wasn't left on that long thankfully.
I realized though my list is really just regular play times and nothing more funny enough. Which makes stacking stick out even more. Still amazed I played that much Payday. Then again some of those matches were long. Chivalry was all my friend and I think he left it on at one point when he spent the night. Revelations was mainly just playing raid with soma. I just love RE6. The rest is indeed just regular play time. My agarest time is off though since I was on and off Internet playing it.

imagezzskc.jpg

strafer

Stacking wasn't left on that long thankfully.
I realized though my list is really just regular play times and nothing more funny enough. Which makes stacking stick out even more. Still amazed I played that much Payday. Then again some of those matches were long. Chivalry was all my friend and I think he left it on at one point when he spent the night. Revelations was mainly just playing raid with soma. I just love RE6. The rest is indeed just regular play time. My agarest time is off though since I was on and off Internet playing it.

imagezzskc.jpg

Alien Isolation is too far down. :(

Finished Portal 2, and it was awesome.
I didn't expect to explore the first Aperture testing sites, as well Wheatley becoming maniacal once he assumed the control of the facility, or GLaDOS being put on a potato (lol).

Now a question, how much time has passed between Portal and Portal 2?

zkylon

zkylewd
iKqc7FY15CQq6.png

my 100+ hours games list is fairly short

tf2 is kind of a lie cos that is mostly my brother playing it back in the day

Finished Portal 2, and it was awesome.
I didn't expect to explore the first Aperture testing sites, as well Wheatley becoming maniacal once he assumed the control of the facility, or GLaDOS being put on a potato (lol).

portal 2 is 2011, right? portal 1 is 2007 for sure

so iirc 4 years

JaseC

There's no official timeline beyond the fact that the timer is broken... and since it's broken, you can't even say with certainty that the figure is beyond what's spouted (a handful of 9s). You could infer that it's not less than, say, a year given the overgrowth, though.

Edit: Err, not less. Fixed.

Edit edit: I should have just said "more". This is why you don't post on the internet at 8:40am and devoid of sleep.

shockdude

Nightly and Waterfox are much better for watching 60FPS videos on youtube. Sadly the playback is laggy compared to Chrome so it will stay my main browser.

Nightly has the weird habit of only having one tab cached at the time though which leads to constant reloads upon trying to view an already opened tab.

Waterfox does not do that and it feels much snappier than regular Firefox. I think I will use it from now on in tandem with Chrome.

60FPS Youtube on Firefox 36 works fine for me. The key thing however is to disable mediasource webm.

media.mediasource.enabled = true
media.mediasource.mp4.enabled = true
media.mediasource.webm.enabled = false
media.mediasource.youtubeonly = true

Stacking is still in my top 10 game time list because it refuse to actually shut off and I never noticed until way too late. Regardless you should definitley go and finish the other two some day. I agree though I wouldn't bother with Brutal Legend. Way too much of a grind.

Galactic Civilizations II is the same for me. Played it for a couple of hours turned it off and realised 48 hours later it was still running in task manager.

60FPS Youtube on Firefox 36 works fine for me. The key thing however is to disable mediasource webm.

media.mediasource.enabled = true
media.mediasource.mp4.enabled = true
media.mediasource.webm.enabled = false
media.mediasource.youtubeonly = true
Good Lord that did it! THAT DID IT!

Super fluid now! Thanks buddy. This is awesome :D

JaseC

Mozilla's Firefox having issues with webm files has to be some sort of bizarre "this or that" collusion with Google and Chrome's problem with gifs. :p

portal 2 is 2011, right? portal 1 is 2007 for sure

so iirc 4 years

I was talking about the game timeline :p

There's no official timeline beyond the fact that the timer is broken... and since it's broken, you can't even say with certainty that the figure is beyond what's spouted (a handful of 9s). You could infer that it's not less than, say, a year given the overgrowth, though.

Edit: Err, not less. Fixed.

Edit edit: I should have just said "more". This is why you don't post on the internet at 8:40am and devoid of sleep.

Thanks Jase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom