• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad game, but the deal/value doesn't seem so great in this new world where I got Crimzon Clover on Steam for $3.50, not to mention REVOLVER360:REACTOR and Astebreed in steam auction and humble bundle respectively.
Possibly.
But speaking for myself, I never get as much enjoyment out of cheap Steam shooters as I do expensive 360 imports.

CC, Revolver, and Astebreed are unique and very good games, but Cave stuff IMO is on another level.

MUnited83

For you.
Is this wrong? In my opinion, no.
Too often those days you get a broken product even after release, so I'm not in the mood to blindly throw away money to fund games, sorry. Of course this is just my opinion.

Lol...scanning through Kickstarter? I just opened a link here and that was the first thing I saw? I only made my point, is this against some rules giving an opinion on something?

Anyway I have a 25% off voucher for GMG, valid on Evolve and season pass, I put it here 3PMILA-B3S6LT-6SSSWJ

Yeah, it's completely wrong. Again, Kickstarter allowed many of the best games of the last years to exist.

Complaining about a option that's only for people who want to help fund a game is not a "point" in any way whatsoever.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Possibly.
But speaking for myself, I never get as much enjoyment out of cheap Steam shooters as I do expensive 360 imports.

CC, Revolver, and Astebreed are unique and very good games, but Cave stuff IMO is on another level.

This person understands! I've never felt as much satisfaction with shmups as much as I have with CAVE titles. I mean I ordered a Japanese 360 the day after I played DeathSmiles at the arcade for their titles!

Well that doesn't matter to me really since I bought my 360 primarily because I played Death Smiles at the arcade. It's a really fun game!

I think people not valuing what CAVE were doing is the reason they're mobile-only now. :p (Which is a shame since they made the ones I enjoy playing most.)
Crimson Clover is pretty legit though so much respect there.

Death Smiles kind of opened my eyes to a lot of shmups. It IS a lot of fun, but I was not anxious to display the faceplate it came with XD

It's just not my style. Not the kind of thing I'd judge you guys for if you have it on your 360 :p

The blonde girl on it looks like Zkylon's avatar though.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well to be honest I thought the faceplate for DeathSmiles was butt ugly so I used my Espgaluda II one till my OG 360 was stolen:
100_2362.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The most I can do to support NightCry (as I am going to be seriously depressed if it doesn't end up coming to PC) is make a video about to my channel and mention to the YouTuber Cryoatic over Skype and hope he's interested enough to make a video on it, though not sure how much traction and awareness I can make.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
All this talk of horror has made me want to jump on RE:HD even more. $13 at the Brazilian Bear is making this tempting...

Somewhat related, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories writer Sam Barlow's newest game, Her Story, has just been greenlit. And hey, PunishedSnake could pay $5 now and get his name in the credits with a copy of the game!

<3

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
well, no wonder Grow Home is so cheap - you can finish it in just over an hour (if you don't care about stuff like 100%)

extremely short ... but not too bad :)

Dr Dogg

So I'm just scooting around to check out a few early impressions on Revelations 2 (well I was playing RE5 in anticipation but Sheva's AI is doing my nut in) and I stumble upon Metro's Game Central preview and interview when I see this nugget...

Michiteru Okabe said:
So we were like, ‘All right, what we’re going to try to do then is actually build upon that and make it so that the survival horror is even more of the focus’. So whether you play as Claire and Moria, or whether you’re playing as Barry and Natalia, you’re going to be able to… it’s going to be a focus on this resource management and that kind of thing. But there are people that love the action of Resident Evil… go on NeoGAF and there are GIFs of people going, ‘OMG, Jake is doing a body slam, this is nuts!’ So, we’re like: ‘If you like this we’ll make it a separate thing’.

So if there's a Jake spin off game or even a mainline game with him as the focus you know who's responsible.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/03/resid...-interview-what-is-it-that-fans-want-5047169/

Vlad

well, no wonder Grow Home is so cheap - you can finish it in just over an hour (if you don't care about stuff like 100%)

extremely short ... but not too bad :)

Hm, that's a shame. Seemed like an interesting game, but that's pretty darn short.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
So I'm just scooting around to check out a few early impressions on Revelations 2 (well I was playing RE5 in anticipation but Sheva's AI is doing my nut in) and I stumble upon Metro's Game Central preview and interview when I see this nugget...

So if there's a Jake spin off game or even a mainline game with him as the focus you know who's responsible.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/03/resid...-interview-what-is-it-that-fans-want-5047169/

Well if they did this in the first place I wouldn't be disappointed with the RE series direction!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
You do know that even discussing moderation policy in these forums is ground for lifetime ban?

see corrosivefrost incident for further information.

yes ... and? it's not like you care if I post here ever again or not anyway

Grow Home seems really neat, looking forward to playing more when I get home. The animations and momentum give it a really unique feel to to the movement.

zkylon

zkylewd
i keep reading that game as gone home

so annoying

You do know that even discussing moderation policy in these forums is ground for lifetime ban?

see corrosivefrost incident for further information.
pretty sure mods are chill enough to understand that iashman's post is meant as a joke

KarmaCow

Give me MGR tips. I'm only on second chapter or whatever and these two mech and guards are destroying me.

The key way to kill enemies is to counter them. Try parrying their attacks by tapping toward the enemy (not their attack) and tapping your light attack at the same time. It requires timing, but it isn't so strict on lower difficulties.

For the Gekkos/mechs themselves, an easy attack to counter is their charging attacking. Gekkos have a tendency to just avoid your counter attack normally but countering their charge attack is unavoidable IIRC. To bait that attack, run away from it and wait till it starts to charge like a bull at you. If you counter at the right time you'll get a mashing QTE which should lead to a free kill.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Sup guy's, I'm back. How the ole Steam community doing? Although at this point I have zero idea what I'm allowed to say anymore, plus I'm drunk. So I'll quit while I'm ahead and say Hello World!

does anyone know how i can use big picture mode with a xbox360 arcade stick? , with my 360 wired controller it works fine but when i try to use my stick it doesnt work :s

Rise of the Incarnates is fun but the connection is funky.

I'm actually curious, given it's apparently somewhat of a re-skin of the Gundam VS games and it's been described as a "slowed down Virtual On"

But those character designs... woof. Apparently in order to be an Incarnate you need to have applied to be on the Tekken B-Team and had the Heihachi family go "Nah, we're good."

Lomax

Uh, so giving my opinion on a thing is "complaining", and don't backing a project is wrong?
I mean, all people can do what they want with their money. I only said, for me, offering absolutely nothing for 5$ (at least you can put the name of the backers in the credits, as I said...it would cost absolutely NOTHING for the developer) is not right. I really don't care if you call me dumb or something, just don't expect everyone have your own opinion,that's it. I never said "Kickstarter is wrong, don't use it etc."
People here should really learn to respect the opinion of other users.

I think the big problem is that your "opinion" seems to be based on completely failing to understand the point of Kickstarter. That $5 tier is there for people that want to support the project but don't have the means to provide more. It isn't there for them to get a reward, and anyone who donates at that level fully understands that. You may not like Kickstarter as a whole, and that's fine, but criticizing that particular element in such a misguided way is foolish and essentially makes your "opinion" fundamentally wrong.

zkylon

zkylewd
For a moment there, I thought you were speaking Icelandic or some other consonant heavy language.
you're high

Not really... I don't think I'll take your character action game recommendations. :p

MHK is good for some dumb fun though.
zkylon's guide to character action brawler things:

good ones: bayo, dmc3, dmc4, in that order
acceptable ones: hitsume whatever
all the others are bad (haven't played them all so don't tell me i hate bayo 2 or whatever)

I can't say I don't like Kickstarter but you can troll unpunished :D
i'm not trolling, i've done many lengthy posts why i think mgr r is crap. some of my problems with it are subjective like my dislike for counter-based brawlers, some things are not, like game being stupid easy on normal and the environments looking like shit and the game essentially not explaining you how to play it and hiding that dodge ability.

not saying the game isn't without it's merits, but i think it's a poorly balanced irritating game.

also i've said why i thought hitsurugi whatever is fun in no small part thanks to its lack of any sort of pretention of being anything else than a mostly mindless button masher that is just entertaining enough for me to want to beat it a few times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom