• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Not sure which definition from urbandictionary to go with, but my guess is 2.
1024x768.resizedimage

Dr Dogg

You messed up that's what.
You play Leon 1, Chris 1, Jake 1 and keep that order. Then play all of ada. Stuff syncs up pretty well that way. As for skill points you do get them slowly but at the same time you really don't need them on a normal play through. Best thing to do is to use them on what area you feel you're weakest at. If you're constantly low on ammo use ammo skills etc. wish I was home since if you are playing solo I would totally coop with you.

Yeah looking at the cutscene viewer that gives a timeline of events, as well as some intersecting moments in Leon's campaign, I can see how it might be a good idea to try and play it in a linear or chronological order. Then again it's taken me a little under 18 months to finish of Leon's campaign but hey in that time I've got a handle on the mechanics that the game negligently doesn't bother to tell you about.

Well I'm at work at the mo but I'll give you a shout next time I crack on with it.

Lain

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Boot Hill Heroes -- MB-259ABAF8F3AAD9CC - Taken by Jawmuncher

Have they clarified about which version of DOA5LR the PC is getting?

Hmmm that is a confirmation of DMCA or just wanting people to not do nude mods or else they will not make more DOA on PC?

Nude Mods didnt stop capcom from making SFIV different version and SF x Tekken (plus V coming to PC)

I don't think it's a confirmation of DMCA, that's just the worst that could happen. It says a lot about their stance towards PC gaming though. Why would nude mods lead to no more DoA? If anything it will make the game sell even better lol

Did Humble change there system again?

"Click to redeem on Steam".

Clicking gives me a key. Did they merge the old way (just giving keys) and the new way (automatically redeeming on Steam)?

MUnited83

For you.
Hmmm that is a confirmation of DMCA or just wanting people to not do nude mods or else they will not make more DOA on PC?

Nude Mods didnt stop capcom from making SFIV different version and SF x Tekken (plus V coming to PC)

Someone should inform them that all kinds of mods(including nude ones) are already on the PS3 version.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't think it's a confirmation of DMCA, that's just the worst that could happen. It says a lot about their stance towards PC gaming though. Why would nude mods lead to no more DoA? If anything it will make the game sell even better lol

Lol and if I remember the mods take a costume slot so the player playing online will either watch one of the costumes or default outfit. Its not a big deal and perhaps might help some people sell the game better if some do cool outfits and visual improvements to the game. I'll be messing around with the game colors day one and if I get in the groove environmental improvements on those textures.

So, this guy added me about a week ago and I didn't recognize him from anywhere. He wasn't from GAF nor from Steamtrades, so I ignored him. However, he kept sending requests day after day, clearly not catching the hint.

Well, yesterday I check his profile and see that we have 5 groups in common… Including one of a Spanish Nintendo site I used to write for. His profile says he's from Austria, and I certainly didn't remember his username nor avatar from out forums (I went ahead and checked anyways, since I haven't been active for a couple of years now).

At this point I'm convinced he's a scammer who wants me to trust him. But a couple of hours later, the guy writes in an old topic I created in that group just to talk to me, saying that he saw I was interested in a game in Steamtrades. What the fuck? Who does this? Why would you write in an almost 3 years old topic in a different language than everyone else and just to talk to a person about something completely unrelated to the discussion?

Best part is that I forgot I even had a thread on Steamtrades open, I had it up during the Winter Sale and forgot to close it after the site redesign :lol. Poor guy...

Chariot

So, this guy added me about a week ago and I didn't recognize him from anywhere. He wasn't from GAF nor from Steamtrades, so I ignored him. However, he kept sending requests day after day, clearly not catching the hint.

Well, yesterday I check his profile and see that we have 5 groups in common… Including one of a Spanish Nintendo site I used to write for. His profile says he's from Austria, and I certainly didn't remember his username nor avatar from out forums (I went ahead and checked anyways, since I haven't been active for a couple of years now).

At this point I'm convinced he's a scammer who wants me to trust him. But a couple of hours later, the guy writes in an old topic I created in that group just to talk to me, saying that he saw I was interested in a game in Steamtrades. What the fuck? Who does this? Why would you write in an almost 3 years old topic in a different language than everyone else and just to talk to a person about something completely unrelated to the discussion?

Best part is that I forgot I even had a thread on Steamtrades open, I had it up during the Winter Sale and forgot to close it after the site redesign :lol. Poor guy...
SENPAI! SENPAAIIIII!

Jawmuncher

Yeah looking at the cutscene viewer that gives a timeline of events, as well as some intersecting moments in Leon's campaign, I can see how it might be a good idea to try and play it in a linear or chronological order. Then again it's taken me a little under 18 months to finish of Leon's campaign but hey in that time I've got a handle on the mechanics that the game negligently doesn't bother to tell you about.

Well I'm at work at the mo but I'll give you a shout next time I crack on with it.

Revelations 2 will be out by the time I'm back.

Dr Dogg

Revelations 2 will be out by the time I'm back.

Well going by my slow pace Revelations 4 will be out before I finish off RE6.

Saying that be interesting to see how the community forms up around Revelations 2. Well that and if anyone manages to cobble together on-line campaign coop via VPN and some sort of streaming.

Chariot

Bloody Hell. What happened to gem prices?

9LpQxEj.png

We had these strange peaks at some times, but since NekoPara got cards the just went to another level. This can't possible be all people who are want to make NekoPara badges, but I don't see anything else that could be a reason for that sudden rise.

GaussTek

Wow, the Persona 5 hype is real.

We really need some of those on PC. I've never played any Persona game, the last thing I've played from Atlus are the Etrian Odyssey games, which I think are more similar to the original Shin Megami Tensei series.

Bloody Hell. What happened to gem prices?

9LpQxEj.png

We had these strange peaks at some times, but since NekoPara got cards the just went to another level. This can't possible be all people who are want to make NekoPara badges, but I don't see anything else that could be a reason for that sudden rise.

Thanks, I've been waiting for this. Just threw up my 45 sacks.

fantomena

Source?

Also, is this still only on it's second episode?

Press release on mail.

Award-Winning Dystopian Adventure RÉPUBLIQUE REMASTERED

Arrives on PC & Mac February 26th

Completely Rebuilt in Unity 5, the First Three Episodes of Camouflaj’s

Stealth Adventure Debut on Steam, GOG, and Humble Store

Seattle, WA – February 5th, 2014 - Independent studio Camouflaj announced today that its critically acclaimed stealth adventure RÉPUBLIQUE REMASTERED launches on PC and Mac on February 26th via Steam, GOG, and Humble Store. Rebuilt from the ground up in Unity 5 by industry veterans behind AAA games including Halo 4 and Metal Gear Solid 4, RÉPUBLIQUE REMASTERED includes Episode 1: Exordium, Episode 2: Metamorphosis, and Episode 3: Ones and Zeroes in both Standard and Deluxe Editions.

RÉPUBLIQUE REMASTERED is the first commercial game to fully utilize the power of Unity 5, the next generation of the Unity multiplatform engine and development tool. Camouflaj has fully embraced the engine’s features, including physically based shading, real-time global illumination, and reflection probes.

“Ever since we committed to doing a desktop version of République, we’ve been haunted by the task for delivering something truly special for PC players,” says Ryan Payton, designer at Camouflaj. “When we got a glimpse at the next iteration of Unity we realized that this was the answer — beyond redesigning the game’s controls and UI for desktop, we’ve completely gutted all the game’s art, rebuilding everything using Unity 5’s cutting-edge graphical features. The result is something you have to see to believe.”

In close collaboration with Unity Technologies, Camouflaj worked with Unity engineers to stress test and optimize the game alongside Unity 5’s development, documenting the entire process for the benefit of the Unity developer community. More details regarding Camouflaj’s documented journey to Unity 5 will be released prior to GDC 2015.

In RÉPUBLIQUE REMASTERED, players assist Hope, a desperate young woman struggling to escape from a secret, Orwellian state. Communicating using a stolen phone, Hope contacts the player and asks them to hack into the nation’s surveillance system, assume control, and guide her out of the clutches of the omnipresent Overseer. Literary works such as 1984 and Brave New World, and current geopolitical events including global surveillance and Internet censorship serve as key sources of inspiration for both the narrative and the stealth-survival gameplay. Players expand their control over surveillance cameras and other network-enabled devices, growing into an active threat to the Overseer and his grip over his shadowy nation.

RÉPUBLIQUE REMASTERED introduces Rena Strober as the voice of Hope, backed by an all-star voice talent team. Jennifer Hale (Commander Shepard, Mass Effect series) plays Hope’s mentor, Mireille Prideaux, while David Hayter (Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid series) gives voice to Zager, revolutionary and ghost in the political machine. Also featured are veteran voice actors Khary Payton (Batman: Arkham Origins), and Dwight Schultz (killer7).

Available on February 26th for PC and Mac on Steam, GOG, and Humble Store, the Standard Edition of RÉPUBLIQUE REMASTERED will retail for $24.99, and includes a pre-purchase of the upcoming Episode 4: God’s Acre and Episode 5: Terminus. The Deluxe Edition adds the complete soundtrack, an hour-long making of documentary, and two early prototypes (exclusive to the desktop version) for $34.99. For launch week only, both the Standard Edition and Deluxe will debut at a 20% off sale price ($19.99/$28.99).

For more information, visit www.camouflaj.com.

Eternia

Must have been a game he really wanted! :p

Some people are really just too hopeful (or desperate) when searching for trades. They don't lose much for asking I suppose but you would think something that hasn't been updated for many months would be a sign to move on.

Hey Steam GAF it's my birthday so umm let's celebrate, I guess.

ModBot said:
Instructions for PetriP-TNT:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PetriP-TNT, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

GRIMM Complete Series -- MB-AE465020B4424DA2 - Taken by sensoft04
Dead Light -- MB-373F2D8417FFE384 - Taken by Akuosa
Megabyte Punch -- MB-C2B1F41979F0E68B - Taken by Ben652
Dying Light : Alien Ware T-Shirt DLC :)rolleyes:) -- MB-78534E9F900D6A94
Shadow Warrior Classic -- MB-84EF9BB7ECD60DF8 - Taken by Madn
Knights of Pen and Paper Plus 1 Edition -- MB-A6C39C098E444926 - Taken by Messiah
Full Mojo Rampage -- MB-FCBD3F5A9834473B - Taken by Dusk Golem
Pixeljunk Shooter -- MB-576BAF121DA5E06E - Taken by Tesseract
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition -- MB-195040A5156F1646 - Taken by 19Kilo
Volgarr The Viking -- MB-03E5708CD4B19B90 - Taken by xezuru
Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate -- MB-C3146C456AC7C707 - Taken by Polishin8r

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Republique Kickstarter page also updated, they have some style differences. Shots are small, but yai.

To the left is the mobile version, to the right is the PC version.

8d8e641b7f089c872c01dc72b13a3472_large.png

023235f607d910780a3005c75ae8607a_large.png

90240071b32e55050da6dd618462caa5_large.png

c120d9c0789289467e679b1039dc7c23_large.png

834de62a3c485a76cb5f5b40cd08a22c_large.png

Benedict

That Indieroyale bundle is great. Didn't have a single game and been interested in Stranded and Boot Hill for some time now.

It's really frustrating to see people rip BF: Hardline apart in that DF for it just being 900p on the PS4.

for one, where were these people last gen when games were missing 720p left and right yet selling in the millions? Suddenly 1080p is expected out of every single game from machines that are going to catch fire trying to keep that up this gen

and if that's something that irks you so much then console gaming is some shit you gotta move on from. The likelihood of more and more games not hitting 1080p is pretty high as devs are gonna want to push these things as hard as they can.

but that's just me venting about warped expectations in gaming side. meh to the bulk of them.

Republique Kickstarter page also updated, they have some style differences. Shots are small, but yai.

To the left is the mobile version, to the right is the PC version.

I liked it better when it was called Life is Stealth.

xezuru

Has this game been doing well? I was a super fan of Ryan Payton and the things he talked about and considered important when he was doing the MGS4 Kojima Podcast back in the day, and the other things he's said and done. Was pretty interested in Republique but didn't have a tablet or whatever at the time, so I'm glade they been doin well and getting dat PC port done.

Hristi

Wow, the Persona 5 hype is real.

We really need some of those on PC. I've never played any Persona game, the last thing I've played from Atlus are the Etrian Odyssey games, which I think are more similar to the original Shin Megami Tensei series.

Yeah. I hope one day they port the whole series. I only got to play p3 and it was a nice game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I bought a new laptop on the way to work this evening. I'll try not to kill this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom