• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

How have I not heard of Viktor up til now o_O
That game looks right up my alley.
Anyone perchance have a spare key to offer =X

louiedog

Republique Kickstarter page also updated, they have some style differences. Shots are small, but yai.

To the left is the mobile version, to the right is the PC version.

I'm so glad they're talking about the PC version. I've almost given in and bought on Android a couple of times.

Madn

So, this guy added me about a week ago and I didn't recognize him from anywhere. He wasn't from GAF nor from Steamtrades, so I ignored him. However, he kept sending requests day after day, clearly not catching the hint.

Well, yesterday I check his profile and see that we have 5 groups in common… Including one of a Spanish Nintendo site I used to write for. His profile says he's from Austria, and I certainly didn't remember his username nor avatar from out forums (I went ahead and checked anyways, since I haven't been active for a couple of years now).

At this point I'm convinced he's a scammer who wants me to trust him. But a couple of hours later, the guy writes in an old topic I created in that group just to talk to me, saying that he saw I was interested in a game in Steamtrades. What the fuck? Who does this? Why would you write in an almost 3 years old topic in a different language than everyone else and just to talk to a person about something completely unrelated to the discussion?

Best part is that I forgot I even had a thread on Steamtrades open, I had it up during the Winter Sale and forgot to close it after the site redesign :lol. Poor guy...

Did he get the trade in the end?

Hey Steam GAF it's my birthday so umm let's celebrate, I guess.

Happy birthday!

WTF! Trade confirmation emails are broken, they don't show the confirm button on gmail... Volvo please (._.)

Thanks for the impressions, how long did Capsized take you?

I've got 5 hours logged according to Steam.

There are 12 missions and I was playing on Hard. The reason I kept putting it down was because my girlfriend wanted to play it with me, but when asked, she never felt like playing it.. So I finally decided to just finish it off myself.

It has its quirks. I'd give it a strong 6/10, then bump it up to 7/10 for the art and music.

Shadownet

Banned
I just saw the Persona 5 trailer. Hot damn. Shoji Meguro really know how to bring the jazz and funk. Can't wait for this game to be honest.

I just played some Dark Souls 2 and went after the
new final boss.

Best game, I'll drop full price on the DX11 version just because it's da best.

Turfster

I'm interested, but... Fatshark. I don't think I've liked anything they did very much, or found itto be bug-free.

République remastered... Sure, I'll give it another shot. The ipad controls were wonky as fuck.

Streets of Chaos keys added to DailyIndieGame
Drew and the Floating Labyrinth keys added to Groupees BAGB16 (get through Desura client)

There's Daedalic discounts everywhere, so chances are Steam will have a weekend sale, maybe?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is anyone here a KS backer of Asylum ("From the designer of Scratches")? If so, would you mind confirming the contents of the most recent backers-only update? I'm guessing it's some sort of release, beta or otherwise, to backers but I can't tell for sure. Thanks.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is anyone here a KS backer of Asylum ("From the designer of Scratches")? If so, would you mind confirming the contents of the most recent backers-only update? I'm guessing it's some sort of release, beta or otherwise, to backers but I can't tell for sure. Thanks.

There is indeed a playable alpha:

Oh my, the alpha for Asylum just came out and now is a free-roam area one can explore with updates coming. I can't post videos or screens, but call me excited.

It's the new game by the people who made Scratches: Director's Cut & Serena, both very fantastic horror point'n'click games, I will add.

In related news, they seem to now be aware that Scratches has vanished off of Steam/GoG:

in7sguNftF5kA.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That is quite a off-putting statement. "Haha, our fans do better, faster work on fixing things, so why should we bother? ahahaha" :/

From my understanding, there have been times at Valve where they've said this almost word for word talking about Enhanced Steam.

Unfortunately not 100% of people that use Steam use Enhanced Steam, but in any event I'm happy when they take features or draw inspiration from ES when they finally do add functionality to Steam.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
From my understanding, there have been times at Valve where they've said this almost word for word talking about Enhanced Steam.

Unfortunately not 100% of people that use Steam use Enhanced Steam, but in any event I'm happy when they take features or draw inspiration from ES when they finally do add functionality to Steam.

now if only they also at least paid you for "borrowing" all those awesome ideas ...

jshackles, my badges page doesn't have the option to calculate drops remaining or show badges with drops anymore. Did something change? ES is showing green status.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
now if only they also at least paid you for "borrowing" all those awesome ideas ...

I'm just happy that Enhanced Steam is more or less a "break even" project now, considering it used to be that I had to pay out of pocket for server expenses every month. I'm okay with it just being a hobby project, but it does get hectic sometimes (like now) when my actual paying job gets more demanding this time of year. Like - I was in the office for about 15 hours yesterday and today's looking like it might be 12-13.

So yeah, it would be nice if I were actually paid a fair living wage for doing the stuff I do with Enhanced Steam, because I could devote all of my time to it and I could get a lot more done.

jshackles, my badges page doesn't have the option to calculate drops remaining or show badges with drops anymore. Did something change? ES is showing green status.

it looks like they changed the sorting option parameters again. It looks like if you're on a page like

http://steamcommunity.com/my/badges/?sort=p

it isn't working but if you're on

http://steamcommunity.com/my/badges/

it should be. I'll add this to the list of things to update in the next release.

Turfster

Daily To The Moon 75% off
Weekend
  • Sniper Elite III 70% off
  • Divinity Original Sin 40% off
  • Square Enix Publisher Weekend 85% off

it looks like they changed the sorting option parameters again. It looks like if you're on a page like

http://steamcommunity.com/my/badges/?sort=p

it isn't working but if you're on

http://steamcommunity.com/my/badges/

it should be. I'll add this to the list of things to update in the next release.

Actually I am on the regular badges page url (without the querystring parameters) and it doesn't show.

Fake edit: It looks like the problem was that I was at http://steamcommunity.com//my/badges/ (Note the double slash after steamcommunity.com). I dunno how that happened, but once I removed it, everything is back to normal. Thanks!

Turfster

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Banner added to front page now, squenix weekend, up to 85% off

Final Fantasies 50% off
Lara's Oshiri is already 66% off... wow.

Finally, K&L2's Doggy Bag DLC is discounted. Its store sub is the only publicly-released package that has the otherwise-unreleased Radio Tower DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom