• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I really need to check out either the Persona Games and/or Kingdom Hearts games one day (never owned a PS2). People always speak so highly of them that it makes me feel like missing out on something big. Both series should probably work well with PCSX, so maybe I'll give them a try sooner or later. The issue with both of them however is that they seem to require a larger amount of time ... which is actually something that is slightly off putting to me nowadays.

also make sure you check out megaten nocturne

And awful at that.
05-cutscene2.jpg

At least they made better CG in later games.

The cinematics are absolutely great for a 1997 game.

Good lord, I haven't bought Payday 2 DLC in a few months and now I'm 6 packs and almost $50 behind, I think the nut has finally cracked for me, this shit is a little much.

zkylon

zkylewd
Never even have heard of that one before, but I will consider it.
the persona games are a subseries of the general shin megami tensei (megaten) series

nocturne is one of the core entries to the series and shares a lot of similarities with persona, tho it's much darker and weirder

both are amazing games

Jawmuncher

the persona games are a subseries of the general shin megami tensei (megaten) series

nocturne is one of the core entries to the series and shares a lot of similarities with persona, tho it's much darker and weirder

both are amazing games

You also forgot 10x harder.
There's a reason Persona has gained more traction in the west than real SMT. Difficulty is definitley a big part.

zkylon

zkylewd
You also forgot 10x harder.
There's a reason Persona has gained more traction in the west than real SMT. Difficulty is definitley a big part.

wouldn't say it's so much harder, it has that toreador dude from hell but overall it's definitely beatable by scrubs like me

zkylon

zkylewd
You must be better than you say you are.
I got my ass beat in DDS1 and never went back.

nah i'm super bad

i super savescummed thru the dungeon of amana or however that's called (tho i did the other ending), that shit was brutal and unfun

the game's not THAT hard, serious. maybe a bit more than persona, both are pretty hard, but it's not out of mortal's reach

Jawmuncher

nah i'm super bad

i super savescummed thru the dungeon of amana or however that's called (tho i did the other ending), that shit was brutal and unfun

the game's not THAT hard, serious. maybe a bit more than persona, both are pretty hard, but it's not out of mortal's reach

All I know is persona has difficulty selection.
Throwing it on easy is a breeze, can't imagine what it's like on beginner.i plan on playing Nocturne and DDS again at some point.

Sendou

Telltale Games never seem to improve. Just got two crashes that apparently had to do with improper order of doing things. I seriously doubt they even test their games all that much.

Worst part? It's totally all my fault since I didn't wait for a proper sale. The actual game (Game of Thrones) is very much my cup of tea though. Such a shame about the bugs.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Telltale Games never seem to improve. Just got two crashes that apparently had to do with improper order of doing things. I seriously doubt they even test their games all that much.

Worst part? It's totally all my fault since I didn't wait for a proper sale. The actual game (Game of Thrones) is very much my cup of tea though. Such a shame about the bugs.

That's why they continue to get away with it. :)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
All I know is persona has difficulty selection.
Throwing it on easy is a breeze, can't imagine what it's like on beginner.i plan on playing Nocturne and DDS again at some point.

Nocturne has a difficulty setting too. It's just that instead of an "easy" mode, you're given normal and hard modes, if I remember right.

rtcn63

The best thing about the recent Persona's isn't even the playable characters- it's the people you meet during social links.

The best thing about the recent Persona's isn't even the playable characters- it's the people you meet during social links.

I didn't get to cyber my English teacher in Persona 3, nor did I get to bang the nurse in Persona 4. Friggin' cocktease milfs.

The games really were excellent though.

My Vita will arrive soon, so I will try P4G, but I still think Persona (3, 4), compared to the other SMT titles is totally overrated.
I still think so many people love it because it has this "anime"-story and style.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I never played a Persona game... I'm also not a PlayStation person... Seems I'm missing out.

I played a bit of Persona 4 on my PS Vita. It seemed okay but after a while I just had to ask myself "WTF is happening here?" and I was so confused that I kinda gave up on it. People had told me that the game was a good entry into the series, but I guess I just don't get what I wasn't getting. So maybe you're not missing as much as others would lead you to believe.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What about that Persona clone game, I think it's called Mind Zero or something like that. Wasn't it supposed to get released on Steam?

It was Greenlit a while ago, and no one knows when it's coming out. Aksys has been vague about its release date.

I've heard bad things about it, but I'll probably buy it anyway. If a supposedly mediocre dungeon crawler that looks a lot like Persona 3 sells well, that might send a message to Atlus, right?

Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom