• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

So I see someone unblocked Nekopara and Neptunia cards situation uh?

Time to recoup some of the money spent on Neptunia.

Tried to buy booster pack to Nekopara, but it seems I can't buy any. I can only buy booster packs for the games I own?

Parsnip

Has Ubi said anything on whether AC Rogue gets any PC upgrades outside of higher resolution? I probably shouldn't expect any, but it would be nice.

Chariot

you can't craft those with gems, and I'm pretty sure that's what Deques mean.
and it's not that stupid actually. I like it this way for several reasons
Yeah, I think that it's great too. I was just confused by his confusion. I am a benefitter of the game crafting. Made quite some money there.

I meant creating booster packs, not buying them. Sorry for confusion
Ah yes. Yeah, as people said, you can only create boosterpacks for games you own.

L.O.R.D

i thought the pre loading only happen if i manually press the preload button
this is the first time the pre load become automatically

Ban Puncher

Welcome to last month's news.

Probably missed it due to being high.

1cSGM.gif

L.O.R.D

Nothing is preloading here. Did you all forget to uninstall the Evolve beta? Lay off the weed.

i didn't uninstall the game from steam , because they disabled the install and delete file options
but i manually shift+delete the game files from the hard disk

Dr Dogg

I can't get the RTSS OSD to work so I've no idea. My 2600K is running at stock, though, which is undoubtedly hindering things a bit.

Unity hates overlays, even Uplay's own. To get RTSS to even show I had to disable both Steam's and Uplay's overlays and then it was a lottery if it would show. Eventually one day it stuck then I could finally capture screens with Print Screening the whole time. I had the same issue with FRAPS in Watch Dogs.

Has Ubi said anything on whether AC Rogue gets any PC upgrades outside of higher resolution? I probably shouldn't expect any, but it would be nice.

I'll be happy with just HBAO+ and some decent AA options to be fair which Black Flag's engine had so shouldn't be an issue. While I'd love wider aspect ratio support seeing only Brohood had it I'm not holding my breath.

derExperte

i didn't uninstall the game from steam , because they disabled the install and delete file options
but i manually shift+delete the game files from the hard disk

My eyes are twitching. You probably could have used Windows' uninstall function, most games are in there. Deleting the folder won't get rid of registry entries and other clutter.

Of course there could be something else going on and causing the preload.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Project Night -- MB-C72B276FBFE330B9 - Taken by Loptous
Crystal Story 2 -- MB-A5C750F7BAB1E303 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
Crystal Story 2 #2 -- MB-EA1BCC802779578D - Taken by Knurek
CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ (Deluxe) -- MB-FDC8344CCE053557 - Taken by Kifimbo
CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ (Deluxe) #2 -- MB-99C0C342589A8D35 - Taken by lindarasta

Pachimari

I can't believe I haven't completed Life Is Strange yet. I really love the game, and just arrived at the friend's place. Got to finish it tonight or something.

dani_dc

Purchased Tomb Raider for $5... Don't know why I didn't buy this game earlier! So good!

It's easier to enjoy it now that there's been almost 2 years since its release and the THIS AINT MAH TOMB RAYDAR stuff has quieted down a bit. I had a terrific time with TR2013 and thought it was easily one of the best games of that year, much more enjoyable than Uncharted 3 which was just a beautiful mess of a game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What ended up happening with the 3rd party DRM situation? Last I saw they were in the steam forums trying to explain why it was justified

Reality Pump (basically TopWare's version of TAGES) was removed and the devs also removed CEG ("Steam DRM") in the latest patch, citing performance, but the game won't move past the main menu if it can't retrieve the optional registration key from the Steam client, so it's not exactly DRM-free.

Deques

It seems Game of Thrones EP.2 from TT has the same bug of other TT titles (game doesn't recognize your choices, at least on One).

TT never learns, don't they?

Nekopara! but that would probably make the card prices drop

JakeD

In 3 minutes, I successfully dissuaded myself from buying Sunless Sea, relished in my newfound impulse control and sense of self-in-scope, focused on personal direction after some soft years of listlessness, added funds on the app and then bought the game.

TT never learns, don't they?

At some point, people will realize one of two things regarding TT:

a) don't buy a season of any of their games until they're completely out. Chances are it'll be less buggy, those games tend to work better in marathon sessions, and it'll definitely be a cheaper transaction in the end.

b) if you want a well performing and bug-free experience, well, look elsewhere. The former is better on PC but the latter is something that you'll witness across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom