• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I'm not really getting the Steam Inventory Service news.
I mean, where's the actual news?
I assumed it was a service already aavailable to developers, as it was featured in several (of course) Valve games and Battleblock Theater and others as shown in jshackles screens.

What actually changed?

maybe it was only for "the privileged" and now they opened it to all devs?

madjoki

Square/Enix losing out on a sale by not having a Classic Tomb Raider package :(

This is what I want too.
12€ for Classics alone or 13€ with reboot + all DLC (useless MP stuff, but still).
Can't really justify that.

More promotional items and useless drops with no real value?

Previously it required creating your own server, now you can use server provided by Valve.
(You can still use your own thought).

chronomac

Enjoy?

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection -- MB-83DC69E626E60BD3 - Taken by GaussTek. 1 entrants total.

t1423254198z1.png

I looked up what exactly a root canal was to see what is going to be happening to my tooth next week.

...I have made a terrible mistake. Fuck that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not really getting the Steam Inventory Service news.
I mean, where's the actual news?
I assumed it was a service already aavailable to developers, as it was featured in several (of course) Valve games and Battleblock Theater and others as shown in jshackles screens.

What actually changed?

Yes, previously non-Valve developers could integrate their game (such as Battleblock Theater) with Steam inventory items, but it required a direct line of communication between Valve and the developers. Now that this is part of the Steamworks SDK, any developer is able to use the service without getting special permissions.

It's kind of like how trading cards used to work in the beginning "beta" phase. At first it was just Valve stuff, then it got opened up to a few select developers (I think Borderlands 2 was the first non-Valve game with cards) and then it finally opened up to everyone. Admittedly, it did take a few months for developers to catch on to the fact that they could "print money" with trading cards, but now almost half the games on Steam have them.

Since the new SDK provides a financial incentive for developers (the items can be sold on the Steam Marketplace) I anticipate that a lot of developers will want to start taking advantage of this right away.

madjoki

It's kind of like how trading cards used to work in the beginning "beta" phase. At first it was just Valve stuff, then it got opened up to a few select developers (I think Borderlands 2 was the first non-Valve game with cards) and then it finally opened up to everyone. Admittedly, it did take a few months for developers to catch on to the fact that they could "print money" with trading cards, but now almost half the games on Steam have them.

Since the new SDK provides a financial incentive for developers (the items can be sold on the Steam Marketplace) I anticipate that a lot of developers will want to start taking advantage of this right away.

I don't see that many games successfully integrating items. Maybe it can prolong life of one or two indie MP only games for some time, but I don't really have high hopes.

Parsnip

Wow at the AC Rogue preorder price. I would have probably bitten at €20 but at €50, nope nope. Wait for sale I guess.

Knurek

Don't they always give you gas for a root canal too? You'll be too high to care.

No they don't (here at least).
They can give you lidocaine injection for first drilling, when they murder the tooth with poison.
After a week or so the dentist can even rape a donkey inside your tooth and you won't be able to feel a thing.
The root canal cleaning needles are scary though...

//EDIT
Also, that Suikoden game is up on DailyIndieGame

Also, keys for the game up on Groupees

RedFyn

I'm always worried that if I go to get major dental surgery (like wisdom teeth removal) that I'll get gassed and say some nasty and vulgar shit and not know.
Pretty sure they knock you out for all dental surgery stuff. Of course you can always say those things when on your pain meds afterwards.

Benedict

Some UFO games for you

These are still available.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

UFO Aftermath -- MB-7BE14DCF3279BD63 - Taken by titch
UFO Aftershock -- MB-371D21CF1CABB960 - Taken by Lomax

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-8A2AE7212C04EBEA - Taken by someguyinahat

I have no idea what I just won! Let's find out together, shall we?

Edit: ...And it told me that I first have to activate the original game. It didn't tell me what it was, but I believe the mystery gift was either an expansion pack or DLC for a game that I don't have. I don't even know how to proceed from here now.

Card Boy

Banned
Store page is up

Yep. Also on Humble for sure. In fact, Valve has rules that when selling Steam keys on other stores they must be labeled EA there as well.

Those screens look amazing compared to the mobile version. Character geometry looks off though going by the hands. Maybe it's just improved lighting.

louiedog

No it doesn't. Maybe if the anonymous benefactor wants to step up and tell us, please, we might be able to find someone who can USE the code.

Or have a mystery giveaway chain that goes until someone with the main game manages to get it.

Does labeling it trash keep people eligible for future modbot giveaways that exclude recent winners?

Phawx

My Let's Play of Castle In The Darkness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TGoSbli2dE

jS5SFVf.gif

Quick Impressions: This game is NES authentic! The Demon from Ghosts N' Goblins makes a cameo, you have flying Medusa-likes, bullshit Ninja Gaiden platforming that even have sudden bullshit birds fly in to eff you up. It's glorious. No maps, barebones NES goodness. Combat feels great, lots of enemy variation, bosses are fun. Towns people are great. Even those times in NES games were devs were cruel and pretended to give you something real nice but then it turns out to be squat. Thankfully, the dev allows you to kill the bastard NPC trying to play tricks on you.

I know a lot of people give Nicalis shit, but damn you guys need to check this game out. REALLY GOOD.

Recommended

Or have a mystery giveaway chain that goes until someone with the main game manages to get it.

While that would be funny, I'm not going to subject people to that. I have no idea if the code is tied to my account now, either. So here. Here's the code, everyone. Just friggin' try it and if it works for you, help us solve the mystery of what the hell this thing is.

KW37I-JVQ4X-FF6AC

Nabs

While that would be funny, I'm not going to subject people to that. I have no idea if the code is tied to my account now, either. So here. Here's the code, everyone. Just friggin' try it and if it works for you, help us solve the mystery of what the hell this thing is.

KW37I-JVQ4X-FF6AC

It's some Alienware Payday item.

Messiah

KW37I-JVQ4X-FF6AC

I was curious, so I tried it. It was a Payday 2 mask.

MUnited83

For you.
Just sold the "Chocola&Vanilla out on a date" background for 3€. This is a regular drop, not a uncommon or rare.

Nekopara continues to pay for itself.

Copons

Yes, previously non-Valve developers could integrate their game (such as Battleblock Theater) with Steam inventory items, but it required a direct line of communication between Valve and the developers. Now that this is part of the Steamworks SDK, any developer is able to use the service without getting special permissions.

Ah yes, thanks. (and sorry for the late thanks)

Woah.
So sad. I need a new city builder fix as, well, I can't play SimCity 4 forever. :(

derExperte

Just sold the "Chocola&Vanilla out on a date" background for 3€. This is a regular drop, not a uncommon or rare.

Nekopara continues to pay for itself.

But didn't you have to use a bunch of cards which are still very expensive (8 x at least 40c) to get the background? Okay, creating boosters makes the card a tad cheaper.

Newblade

A bunch of keys.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Newblade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MIND: Path to Thalamus -- MB-E18369ABB5489F83 - Taken by Saty. 12 entrants total.
AVSEQ -- MB-94076EAE5C3ECC90 - Taken by brassica. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-762097E9B29390E7 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 13 entrants total.
The Detail Episode 1 - Where the Dead Lie -- MB-C8F022D252A37F7B - Taken by Jiggaloboy. 3 entrants total.
Spate -- MB-9435B11105BFE3D3 - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.
Life of Pixel -- MB-1306D429709D11A4 - Taken by Loptous. 6 entrants total.
AVADON 2: THE CORRUPTION -- MB-6E1EBC21591F2216 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror -- MB-60AA9B3F721C3DA5 - Taken by lukiluk. 3 entrants total.
Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-E33EBD29478D6E0F - Taken by trailmix16. 9 entrants total.
The Whispered World Special Edition -- MB-A76CCC9DF8699A7B - Taken by nja. 3 entrants total.
Quest for Infamy -- MB-EEC6DF5EA888F1C2 - Taken by Natty1. 3 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy -- MB-A35CC32DA67DF38F - Taken by RedFyn. 7 entrants total.
Hearthlands -- MB-3B8F80EE89873301 - Taken by Beelzebubs. 5 entrants total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II -- MB-3C40194F2C55A139 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 26 entrants total.
Biglands -- MB-A119741A960BF72D - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Year Walk -- MB-43793068C0B7F9D4 - Taken by 3chopl0x. 4 entrants total.
White Noise Online -- MB-D15E290FF8DE7258
1QUEST -- MB-5E3CE9842355B2A3 - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.
Broken Sword 1: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut -- MB-196BBDCA329BB1C7 - Taken by daydream. 4 entrants total.
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller: GOTY -- MB-410FDD2CDA0D27C1 - Taken by Patison. 4 entrants total.
Star Wars Dark Forces -- MB-CCE7843A1B9BAA0D - Taken by Rogue Agent. 7 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-F8ED1369443D81D1 - Taken by TheLight. 1 entrants total.

t1423271117z1.png

Turfster

The Splinter Cell franchise is discounted on Nuuvem (Uplay, but, you know)

GetGames has a Superhero weekend, mostly Batman s up to 75% off

WinGameStore has a Kaylpso sale, up to 75% off

Humble Daily Secrets of Raetikon 50% off

Groupees Bundle in a box 3 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Megabyte Punch
  • Spooky Cats
  • The Apotheosis Project
TIER 2: 3$
  • Munin
  • A Bird Story
  • ?