• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadGear

So I just started playing Far Cry 4. I actually really enjoy it so far, almost makes me wish never having played Far Cry 3 before so that this would have been my first exposure to their Far Cry-Formula. But damn, what the hell is wrong with these fucking eagles? Nature is a bitch in this game, almost feels like a Cabela's game.

I'm also considering to pick up FF13-2 but i don't really look forward to play Sarah as the main character (she just seems so boring). Compared to FF13 (which i somewhat enjoyed after not liking it at first), is this game considered to be better or worse?

So I just started playing Far Cry 4. I actually really enjoy it so far, almost makes me wish never having played Far Cry 3 before so that this would have been my first exposure to their Far Cry-Formula. But damn, what the hell is wrong with these fucking eagles? Nature is a bitch in this game, almost feels like a Cabela's game.

I'm also considering to pick up FF13-2 but i don't really look forward to play Sarah as the main character (she just seems so boring). Compared to FF13 (which i somewhat enjoyed after not liking it at first), is this game considered to be better or worse?

Personally, I feel like FF13-2 made some improvements, such as the ability to pokeman with the monsters. It certainly didn't improve the issues FF13 had with characters and story, though.

Hey guys, i know this is completely off-topic so I'll only post this once. Forgive me, but I just wanted to give this a bit of exposure.

Do any of you guys remember yGray? He got banned as a junior unfortunately. Anyway, I still keep in contact with him. Recently he asked me for help.

A good friend of his has liver problems. As you can see from the link, she is a graphic designer. So she is trying to raise money to build a pc for work. All the money she make now from freelancing goes toward her medical and regular bills. If you can help her out. We would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

http://www.gofundme.com/caketaro

She needs a 970 to do graphic and web design? I mean, I know some graphic designers and they all swear by Macs, claiming they do graphic rendering better than PCs (but hey, they could be bullshitting me for all I know.) But wow, I had no idea graphic design required that much processing power.

derExperte

She needs a 970 to do graphic and web design? I mean, I know some graphic designers and they all swear by Macs, claiming they do graphic rendering better than PCs (but hey, they could be bullshitting me for all I know.) But wow, I had no idea graphic design required that much processing power.

If she hates asking for money she mayyyybeeee could've chosen a few cheaper components. And I'm not talking about the 970 alone. I smell bullshit. Big piles of bullshit.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Marine Sharpshooter II: Jungle Warfare -- MB-64AE3A2416794CA2 - Taken by RedFyn
Broken Sword 1: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut -- MB-8DE64F00AF2AFC81 - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
The Detail Episode 1 - Where the Dead Lie -- MB-56649E5D96770D41 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Skyward Collapse -- MB-15E0E3D84BE48C32 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 3 entrants total.
The Whispered World Special Edition -- MB-3DD2869CFB48EF20 - Taken by Akuosa. 2 entrants total.
A Golden Wake -- MB-0D31D84943DA9E27 - Taken by Kifimbo. 12 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror -- MB-463AEF40BC1C3E7A - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.

t1423262717z1.png

Turfster

I know some graphic designers and they all swear by Macs, claiming they do graphic rendering better than PCs (but hey, they could be bullshitting me for all I know.)

They're bullshitting you, which is common with mac advocates ;)
They're basically running Intel graphics or mobile GTX 775M or R9 M290X processors for the last year and a bit.

Shadownet

Banned
I dont know either. Im not in the graphic designing area of expertise. I know usually graphic designing might require an expensive CPU, but i'm not sure about GPU

If she hates asking for money she mayyyybeeee could've chosen a few cheaper components. And I'm not talking about the 970 alone. I smell bullshit. Big piles of bullshit.

I don't know man. I just help spread the words.

MadGear

Personally, I feel like FF13-2 made some improvements, such as the ability to pokeman with the monsters. It certainly didn't improve the issues FF13 had with characters and story, though.

Pokemon? Need to look into that :)
But does the game still throw that many enemies at you? My biggest complain about FF13 actually is the ridiculous and tiring amount of more or less mandatory fights in that game. Well that and the auto-battle function which i wish wasn't there at all but was just too effective to not have used it.

Hi folks. Steam client won't start saying "can't connect".

Anyone in the same boat?

At least you still have functionality. I haven't been able to even access the client for the last three weeks because of the beta updates don't play nice with my OS (XP - don't judge).

My keys-to-enter backlog keeps growing and I currently have no way to access the client. The online workarounds didn't even do anything, so I'm stuck until the next full build is released.

Lain

Tokyo Dark pitch from the Square Collective site:
Tokyo Dark™ is an anime style horror adventure game that combines gameplay elements from Western point and click games with Japanese visual novels.

Against the neon lights of modern day Tokyo follow detective Itō into the shadows, into violence, lies and paranoia. Explore the tunnels and sewers beneath the city and uncover a paranormal conspiraciy hidden in the depths of the Tokyo dark.

Unravel the case and confront the unknown.

Make difficult ethical decisions that affect the story, explore Tokyo above and deep below ground, solve puzzles and collect evidence. With a branching narrative and multiple endings what happens is up to you.

prnb.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=theOFU3x-Vk

I know which game I'll be pledging toward next, if it makes it to the kickstarting phase.

Raven's Cry makes me cry, SteamGAF. Not even Giant Bomb can make it fun.

So, let's see... Modern-day fantasy about a superpowered teenager with a destiny and his little tech-genius sister as they move into the big city corrupted by the megacorporation GANON, headed by megalomaniacal Doctor Dorfman, who is attempting to gather all of the superpowered people (himself, the protag, and a girl that will be introduced in season 2 and later end up being Doctor Dorfman's daughter.). It will last for ten seasons before the protag finally dons the green tunic in the shadows, off-screen, during the finale of the series where he travels into Hyrule to save all of everything.

No hope.

Ozium

The Long Dark got a pretty substantial update:

* New Region! Pleasant Valley. Nearly 10 square kilometres of rural mountain valley.
* New Mystery Wildlife! Keep your eyes open.
* Harvestable Plants. Collect Old Man's Beard Lichen, Rose Hips, and Reishi Mushrooms and craft natural remedies.
* Torch Brandishing. Craft Torches and Brandish them against Wolves. You might scare them off!
* Visual Inventory. Completely redone Inventory screen with improved navigation and embedded Repair and Harvesting actions.

downloading it now

I know which game I'll be pledging toward next, if it makes it to the kickstarting phase.

Sounds interesting, but if they're gonna make a female detective look like that, all I'm gonna think of is how wrong it is that she's not wearing a flat blue cap and/or confusing the sexuality of a rough gangster-looking teenager.

rtcn63

That could be amazing.

I think they should stop saying "Game of Thrones for a family audience" to describe it though. That doesn't really make sense.

They were going to go with "rogue-like" and "Dark Souls lite" but then they realized that no one knows what any of those words mean.

MRORANGE

iobS7qaObBL7P.jpg

Anyone can write a recommendation for an upcoming game for next month, just send a a PM of the game you want to write about and
your thoughts on why it's good/why people should play it. Please make the sure recommendation is 60+ words at least and try and hand
it a few days before the month ends so I can add it to the next thread.

Gaffers writing recommendations for upcoming Steam threads:

- Assassin's Creed Rogue. - Dr Dogg
- GTAV - Dr Dogg
- Dead or Alive 5: Last Round - Bayonetta

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So it appears that Steam just blacklisted a lot of popular domains from being linked on people's profiles, in comments, dev announcements, and in reviews. So far I've noticed that Reddit and DeviantArt are among these, but I'm sure there are others as well.

NeoGAF is safe, for now

EDIT: apparently on the app pages as well:

That one used to link to Gamespot. Yikes.

Games:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

UFO: Aftermath -- MB-211A8A6B8BAD8226 - Taken by lindarasta
Megabyte Punch -- MB-F23D6E1A1877F5CF - Taken by Polishin8r

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of PunishedSnake, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PunishedSnake, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition -- MB-0A200181E256F44C - Taken by Cheddahz. 18 entrants total.

t1423309336z1.png

T.O.P

Banned
Can i get an invite to the Steam group pls?

Just got back into pc gaming and i'm in desperate need of new friends :D

id: ragna_000

lashman

So it appears that Steam just blacklisted a lot of popular domains from being linked on people's profiles, in comments, dev announcements, and in reviews. So far I've noticed that Reddit and DeviantArt are among these, but I'm sure there are others as well.

NeoGAF is safe, for now

why would they do that? O_O

Nzyme32

NeoGAF is safe, for now

I can't really work out the purpose of this one...

Maybe a bug or they intend to use some sort of filtering system for some sites and not others? I don't know. Steam gonna let off some Steam

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
why would they do that? O_O

Best guess right now is that they're doing it to preemptively block sites that have been reported to have hosted malware but are now doing so at the domain level. They figure that it works great for the Chinese and Russian government, so why not?

lashman

Best guess right now is that they're doing it to preemptively block sites that have been reported to have hosted malware but are now doing so at the domain level. They figure that it works great for the Chinese and Russian government, so why not?

so, in other words - volvo gonna volvo?

carpet-bombing seems to be their strategy for everything lately, it would seem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom