• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know if I'd call that stuff clickbait. It's not like there's anything particularly inflammatory about the game being 6 hours, so no extra clicks would really be generated. I'd just call it being dumb.

That's exactly what I thought. It's click bait only in that it was a pathetic attempt at having a clickable story in the first place.

Well, GameSpot also wrote an article saying The Witness is 6 hours long

RlVgGX7.jpg

They can't even interpret a simple tweet. :/

SpyGuy239

Homeworld you shouldn't have problems with, but Sleeping Dogs you'd have to use a VPN to play it unfortunately. Steam support may refund you for it, but who knows how long you'll have to wait.

Well, usually you only get locked down if you actually buy using a VPN.

Thanks! You've been extremely helpful.

May I know why you think homeworld will be fine?

Is the region restriction thing only prevalent to square Enix? Same thing happened to me two years ago with hitman absolution as well!

No other problems with any other games including my most reason purchase metal gear ground stores which I bought in singapore but only had time to install and play when I returned to Ireland.

I just picked up FF7, having never played it before. So, kind of a dick move there. I mean, the game is old and all, but still. Some people are only just now experiencing the games since they're on Steam.

It probably doesn't help if you quote it and don't add a spoiler tag or edit the quote.

Zafir

Thanks! You've been extremely helpful.

May I know why you think homeworld will be fine?

Is the region restriction thing only prevalent to square Enix? Same thing happened to me two years ago with hitman absolution as well!

No other problems with any other games including my most reason purchase metal gear ground stores which I bought in singapore but only had time to install and play when I returned to Ireland.

I checked the subs on steamdb. Most games don't actually have an onlyallowrunin tag, which is the tag that stops you from being able to launch the game outside of the desginated countries. Unfortunately for you, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition seems to be one of the few that did. It's not necessarily just a Squenix thing, any publisher can choose to do it, Squenix just seems to be one. :/

For reference here's the two subs -
Sleeping Dogs - https://steamdb.info/sub/51330/
Homeworld - https://steamdb.info/sub/44675/

SpyGuy239

I checked the subs on steamdb. Most games don't actually have an onlyallowrunin tag, which is the tag that stops you from being able to launch the game outside of the desginated countries. Unfortunately for you, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition seems to be one of the few that did. It's not necessarily just a Squenix thing, any publisher can choose to do it, Squenix just seems to be one. :/

For reference here's the two subs -
Sleeping Dogs - https://steamdb.info/sub/51330/
Homeworld - https://steamdb.info/sub/44675/

One more question do I have to use the VPN everytime I run the game or should it be fine I've I installed it?

Got it. Thanks man. Really appreciate your help.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Delusibeta, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Delusibeta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Long Live The Queen -- MB-8028C3FBBA168994 - Taken by gaiadyne. 42 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-CB1F893D65F098C7 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 11 entrants total.
Hitman Blood Money -- MB-8232F78F3511355C - Taken by skullmuffins. 12 entrants total.

t1423444670z1.png

Maniac

Banned
I just realised I didn't get the Dying Light preorder weapon. Damn you, Gamesplanet. Damn you.

I want my punk queen crowbar thing :(

I played some more Neptunia yesterday and I have to say it is even more "moe~ kyun kyun" than I expected it.
I played the original one a few years ago and forgot most of it, but man...
... some of the tropes and VAs are annoying.

The gameplay on the other hand is fun.

MUnited83

For you.
I played some more Neptunia yesterday and I have to say it is even more "moe~ kyun kyun" than I expected it.
I played the original one a few years ago and forgot most of it, but man...
... some of the tropes and VAs are annoying.

The gameplay on the other hand is fun.
The VAs are awesome(the english ones) and the tropes are parody.

Anyone have advice for control bindings for a Warthog(or joysticks in general) in Freespace? Combined the throttle and joystick via target to create a virtual controller to get around the one controller limit but as for bindings I have no idea.

The VAs are awesome(the english ones) and the tropes are parody.

I am playing it in japanese and they can get really annoying. And I know that the character-tropes are parody. It doesnt change that the game uses them. Seeing the tsundere, yandere, "strong woman" etc. tropes gets kinda old after a while.

i'm kind of super hyped for other m as i want to hear samus' voice

I really think if they would have toned down the story-bits a little bit, Other M would be great. I still liked the gameplay though.
Didnt get the hate and it seems most of the hate it got was because of how Samus was portrayed in the game.

And some stupid decisions like "Oh. The general didnt allow me to use this weapon so I wont use it."

MUnited83

For you.
I am playing it in japanese and they can get really annoying. And I know that the character-tropes are parody. It doesnt change that the game uses them. Seeing the tsundere, yandere, "strong woman" etc. tropes gets kinda old after a while.

I really think if they would have toned down the story-bits a little bit, Other M would be great. I still liked the gameplay though.
Didnt get the hate and it seems most of the hate it got was because of how Samus was portrayed in the game.

And some stupid decisions like "Oh. The general didnt allow me to use this weapon so I wont use it."
Play in english. So much better.

Jawmuncher

I've made a huge mistake.
I beat FF6 on my phone thinking it would last me the while month. Now I can't download anything I have bought that's over 100mb.
FFV is barely over that data cap.

Only thing I have is Shantaes Risky Revenge, but playing on a touch pad for a platformer is gross. Really should have brought my laptop.

Ozium

I beat FF6 on my phone thinking it would last me the while month. Now I can't download anything I have bought that's over 100mb.

Only thing I have is Shantaes Risky Revenge, but playing on a touch pad for a platformer is gross. Really should have brought my laptop.

should have brought your Wii U and play on the gamepad

derExperte

What cap? Can't you download the game on your PC with iTunes and then copy it over? Wait, I read iPhone. Isn't there something like that for Android or WP?

Deitus

The story was bad, but the gameplay had a ton of issues too. There were a few decent ideas, but the game was constantly being drug down by bad game design decisions.

Play in english. So much better.

I'm actually surprised by the quality of the English voice acting in such a niche game. Neptune is perfectly cast, although I think Compa's acting is pretty weak, but not enough to ruin it. Too bad a lot of scenes aren't voiced in English though, but I guess it's not that surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom