• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

What cap? Can't you download the game on your PC with iTunes and then copy it over? Wait, I read iPhone. Isn't there something like that for Android or WP?

You can only download apps of 100mb or less via cellular data. I have no Acess to wifi or my pc so that I can transfer.

I found a game though that I have in my Steam library that's also on the App Store. Going to play that and go from there.

yeah ... you're almost there ... keep going ;)
1362713678_black-kid-crying-tear.gif

Annubis

I've made a huge mistake.
I beat FF6 on my phone thinking it would last me the while month. Now I can't download anything I have bought that's over 100mb.
FFV is barely over that data cap.

Only thing I have is Shantaes Risky Revenge, but playing on a touch pad for a platformer is gross. Really should have brought my laptop.

Errrr go to a cafe or fast food with wifi?

zkylon

zkylewd
at this point i don't know if i'm leveling or if there's really any point to leveling

afaik the only way to do so is spending money, right?

I really think if they would have toned down the story-bits a little bit, Other M would be great. I still liked the gameplay though.
Didnt get the hate and it seems most of the hate it got was because of how Samus was portrayed in the game.

And some stupid decisions like "Oh. The general didnt allow me to use this weapon so I wont use it."
i mean, i find it interesting to see them do at least something with the series in a story direction. something isn't necessarily better than nothing, but i'm interested that they tried at least giving samus some personality

i never understand why ppl say samus is a good female character when she has no personality to begin with -__-

I hope you enjoy a lot of "subtle" symbolism about maternity.

No, I still can't get over the fact that the game takes place on a facility called the Bottle Ship. You know, the ship that actually sort of looks like a baby's bottle.
lol

Terra_Ex

Spent way too long playing Wolfenstein today, looked at the clock and it's 2.30 in the morning. Will have to finish it another day, good game but some of the environment textures are strangely low-res even with everything on highest.

Seems that the complete edition of life is strange is 7.50 on Nuuvem http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2591-life-is-strange-complete-season-episodes-1-5

Anyone confirm if this is safe to buy if in the UK and will be in English?
That's where I got mine from, it works and activates fine in the UK.

Turfster

Finished Lara's Oshiri. It was pretty good fun (although some of the jumps are a bitch on keyboard controls).
Pity the netcode isn't really up to doing global games and drops people at random, with lag spikes teleporting you around and killing you, so I had to mainly do it single player.

Jawmuncher

Finished Lara's Oshiri. It was pretty good fun (although some of the jumps are a bitch on keyboard controls).
Pity the netcode isn't really up to doing global games and drops people at random, with lag spikes teleporting you around and killing you, so I had to mainly do it single player.
No one even joined my game once.
Spent way too long playing Wolfenstein today, looked at the clock and it's 2.30 in the morning. Will have to finish it another day, good game but some of the environment textures are strangely low-res even with everything on highest.

That's where I got mine from, it works and activates fine in the UK.
It's the ID tech to blame. That engine is just off.
Alone or not?
You could bribe some other smuck to make a portable wi-fi hotspot with his cellphone and use his data =3
I'll have to see if any of them have it.

Grief.exe

Sin and Punishment 2 is a game everyone should play at least once... same for Metroid Prime Trilogy...;)

I have played the former, but not the latter. Is the Wii version as good / the same as the new Wii U release? I'm pretty sure I can gamefly Prime Trilogy.

Playing the GameCube version of Prime 2 on Dolphin right now!

I've made a huge mistake.
I beat FF6 on my phone thinking it would last me the while month. Now I can't download anything I have bought that's over 100mb.
FFV is barely over that data cap.

Only thing I have is Shantaes Risky Revenge, but playing on a touch pad for a platformer is gross. Really should have brought my laptop.

Are you stuck on base right now? Can always go to a coffee shop and connect to their wi-fi.
If I can make a recommendation, Jshackles says that the DQIII port is very good.

EDIT: I see.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah metroid prime works really well, specially on the latest dolphin build, it's super smooth

(i'm playing wii version)

Jawmuncher

Playing the GameCube version of Prime 2 on Dolphin right now!

Are you stuck on base right now? Can always go to a coffee shop and connect to their wi-fi.
If I can make a recommendation, Jshackles says that the DQIII port is very good.
I'm stuck in the woods for training so I can't go to that side of the base. Looks like it's gonna be Dragon Quest though they're small enough and the costs aren't bad for the earlier ones. Guess I'll start with 1 and work my way up.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Grief speaks the truth. I'm about two-thirds of the way through it and probably 20 hours in. I haven't played through it since it originally released on the NES, and this version is amazing. It's also only about 70MB, so that might fit the bill if you're looking for something to keep you busy for a while.

I'm stuck in the woods for training so I can't go to that side of the base. Looks like it's gonna be Dragon Quest though they're small enough and the costs aren't bad for the earlier ones. Guess I'll start with 1 and work my way up.

Good choice. I'd say 5 is probably the best one (and longest one) that's on Android right now, but it's about double your 100MB limit unfortunately.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Gunspell looked like it could scratch that Puzzle Quest itch, but the game is absolute garbage. I'm guessing it's a port of a mobile game, because it has stuff like 3 different types of in-game currency and the ability to use those currencies to speed things up. Except you can't buy the different types of currency, you win them by playing the game (so at least there's that).

The writing is horrible and the enemy AI is almost non-existent. 13 minutes in-game was long enough for me to decide that this game just isn't for me.

I vote it gets the poop icon.

Gunspell looked like it could scratch that Puzzle Quest itch, but the game is absolute garbage. I'm guessing it's a port of a mobile game, because it has stuff like 3 different types of in-game currency and the ability to use those currencies to speed things up. Except you can't buy the different types of currency, you win them by playing the game (so at least there's that).

The writing is horrible and the enemy AI is almost non-existent. 13 minutes in-game was long enough for me to decide that this game just isn't for me.

I vote it gets the poop icon.

I was about to enter that raffle until I saw similar reviews on its store page. Thanks for taking one for the team!

Milamber

I just picked up FF7, having never played it before. So, kind of a dick move there. I mean, the game is old and all, but still. Some people are only just now experiencing the games since they're on Steam.

It's been 18+ years already. It's been mentioned in countless videos, articles and memes. It already has a full CG movie too. I think I am way past any statute of spoiler limitations.

Also King Kong dies at the end.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
lol are ppl seriously complaining about aeris spoilers

that's hilarious

Spoilers are spoilers. There is still lots of people that didnt play FF7 or younger people getting into the series. As funny as it might be it is a spoiler for those who have not played them and kept themselves in the dark.

Spoilers are spoilers. There is still lots of people that didnt play FF7 or younger people getting into the series. As funny as it might be it is a spoiler for those who have not played them and kept themselves in the dark.

FFVII is firmly in the "it was his sled" category. If you don't know what happens in the game by now, you probably deserve to be spoiled.

-MD-

Oh man it's so funny to post spoilers for seemingly no reason at all! It's okay though because the games are so old haha!

sheaaaa

FFVII is firmly in the "it was his sled" category. If you don't know what happens in the game by now, you probably deserve to be spoiled.

That's the mentality of an asshole. If I were 10 years old or something and wanted to play it for the first time now, I don't deserve to have something that big spoiled for me.

Vazra

People want to see me stream dolphin emulator but that cant be done unless Im missing something.

That's the mentality of an asshole. If I were 10 years old or something and wanted to play it for the first time now, I don't deserve to have something that big spoiled for me.

No, it isn't.

As multiple threads in the past have proved, once something enters the public domain, gets parodied to high hell and back and/or is out for a certain amount of time, it's fair game. No one is going to walk on eggshells around certain spoilers (i.e. Soylent Green is people, Darth Vader, Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense).

The game has been out for nearly 20 years, and Aeris' death scene has been the focal point of multiple features, numerous video reviews and is one of the main points people bring up when they talk about the game. If you didn't know that by now, you probably should have stayed clear of gaming boards or discussion in general with the game.

DillonMabry said:
And those videos/articles/memes probably have context that people having played it would understand. In all my gaming related browsing of the internet, I'd never come across that specific spoiler, and if I did, I didn't understand the context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEJ_3_wYROc

It's pretty much synonymous whenever the game gets brought up, to the point that's it mentioned in the title of videos like this. Frankly, I sincerely doubt that you've never run across this spoiler. It's pretty much a prerequisite to talking about it.

Yeah, sure. I used to hate JRPGs, so I didn't play them. Also didn't have a system to play on. I only started playing FF recently because of the Steam releases.

So did I. I actually just beat VII for the first time a month ago. Knowing that she died didn't diminish my enjoyment of the game any less.

Sch1sm

I finally caved and bought it all.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sch1sm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-4F639F45B55F1D03 - Taken by agniswarm. 4 entrants total.

t1423457020z1.png

It's been 18+ years already. It's been mentioned in countless videos, articles and memes. It already has a full CG movie too. I think I am way past any statute of spoiler limitations.

And those videos/articles/memes probably have context that people having played it would understand. In all my gaming related browsing of the internet, I'd never come across that specific spoiler, and if I did, I didn't understand the context.

It's a dick move.

Yeah, sure. I used to hate JRPGs, so I didn't play them. Also didn't have a system to play on. I only started playing FF recently because of the Steam releases.

But whatever, fuck me right?

sheaaaa

No, it isn't.

As multiple threads in the past have proved, once something enters the public domain, gets parodied to high hell and back and/or is out for a certain amount of time, it's fair game. No one is going to walk on eggshells around certain spoilers (i.e. Soylent Green is people, Darth Vader, Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense).

The game has been out for nearly 20 years, and Aeris' death scene has been the focal point of multiple features, numerous video reviews and is one of the main points people bring up when they talk about the game. If you didn't know that by now, you probably should have stayed clear of gaming boards or discussion in general with the game.

You're closing off any possibility that someone just getting into video games or someone young could discover the death for themselves. Those spoilers become famous for a reason - the twists are such incredible shocks that people can't help but discuss them. Imagine someone lucky enough to experience them for the first time. Now imagine some assholes on a message board ruining that by assuming everyone's followed a specific segment of gaming for the past 20 years.

Vazra

It's weird that I could only hear your broadcast last night but no video comes through.

Did you turn desktop mode on?

I did not. I haven't messed around with the broadcast settings. Perhaps that will do the tricks.

In regards to legal issues right?

Its not a steam game and its an emulator so I suppose those 2 points are part of why it doesnt work with it? Im not that informed with the broadcasting so Im clueless on the subject. I do take pics with Steam tho lol.

You're closing off any possibility that someone just getting into video games or someone young could discover the death for themselves. Those spoilers become famous for a reason - the twists are such incredible shocks that people can't help but discuss them. Imagine someone lucky enough to experience them for the first time. Now imagine some assholes on a message board ruining that by assuming everyone's followed gaming for the past 20 years.

Like I said above, I just beat FF7 about a month ago. I knew the death going in. Didn't diminish my enjoyment of the game.

Again, you're assuming that people are just going to walk on eggshells with a game that's been part of gaming history and the collective gamer consciousness for the last two decades. You said it yourself - these twists are famous for a reason. Assuming that people are going to actively avoid discussion of it, when it was the signature moment of the game and a huge turning point for the RPG industry, is being highly idealistic and presumptuous.

Milamber

I did not. I haven't messed around with the broadcast settings. Perhaps that will do the tricks.

Do it now and let me see what you were doing last night. Hearing 2 men grunting and huffing at each other with no video on last night makes for uncomfortable explanations that I would love to have clarified.

Like I said above, I just beat FF7 about a month ago. I knew the death going in. Didn't diminish my enjoyment of the game.

Again, you're assuming that people are just going to walk on eggshells with a game that's been part of gaming history and the collective gamer consciousness for the last two decades. You said it yourself - these twists are famous for a reason. Assuming that people are going to actively avoid discussion of it, when it was the signature moment of the game and a huge turning point for the RPG industry, is being highly idealistic and presumptuous.

Is it really walking on eggshells to put a name in spoiler tags though? You're right in that there's no way to avoid spoiling a famous work at some point, but generally trying not to do so is easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom