• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Anyone know in what region Evolve unlocks first and when?
Dont people in the East unlock them first? Cause timezone and all.

FMA:Brotherhood for life. Still one of the greatest, non filler anime ever. But that is for another thread.

I gotta say, turning down the difficulty to easy for Shadowrun Dragonfall is a lot easier in the beginning. I remember playing on normal and keep getting wrecked. I'll turn it back to normal after I decked out my characters a bit.

Really fun game, but damn those footsteps sound bothers the hell out of me. Its like so damn loud, it drown out everything else.

*Klunk klunk klunk klunk*

Yo man what the hell are you walking on? Hollowed steel?!

zkylon

zkylewd
Kill la Kill is pretty good. It's no Gurren Lagann though.
well i love both shows so i don't care which one is best

everyone has their favorite, what's important is that you like em

i liked kill la kill better because it was female-oriented and because i love its art direction, but gurren lagann is amazing as well and should be mandatory watched for anyone that has any soul in them

Not really.

lucky for you, i believe the ass creed series will outlive us all

xBladeM6x

I watched an episode of it and thought it was ridiculous. (I know that's how most people describe the show. But I meant it in a bad way). I guess its not for me.

But then again I also highly enjoyed Samurai Flamenco which was also completely ridiculous.

If you ever want to watch an anime full of plot twists. Look no further than Samurai Flamenco. You'll never know what's coming next, even when you think you do.

Just to piss off zkylon..

Kill La Kill is shit. I'd rather watch Bleach.

love ya zky
I think the most ridiculous anime I've ever watched (in a good way) was My Wife is a Mermaid. Probably the funniest thing I've ever watched as well. Though my favorite to actually sit down and watch in a serious way, was Claymore.

Zeknurn

Dont people in the East unlock them first? Cause timezone and all.

Yeah, I stopped being lazy and checked the store pages for a bunch of countries. It looks like in 7 hours is the earliest and it applies to all the countries in that part of the world. Now to check if any of the free vpns work on Win10 TP2.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I think the most ridiculous anime I've ever watched (in a good way) was My Wife is a Mermaid. Probably the funniest thing I've ever watched as well. Though my favorite to actually sit down and watch in a serious way, was Claymore.

Seto no Hanayome is pretty great! I bought it when it actually came over years later.

zkylon

zkylewd
worst thing about dragonfall outside of its stupid name is not being able to quicksave unless you're standing still

it's so fucking annoying

xBladeM6x

that's NOT from kill la kill

that's awful, i see how she kinda looks like mako but that's not kill la kill at all

u should, kill la kill is so good i bought me a nendoroid and a couple keychains and i have like the ost on forever on my cellphone

that shows is amazing

like serious look at that ryuko so cute omfgalkjdlksajflkajfla

Forgive me if I'm mistaking this show with something else, but I remember being told that Kill La Kill is like 120% fan service, and personally, I can't stand fan service. Lol. (I know, what the fuck am I doing watching anime if that's the case) I just really like a lot of the more serious anime, so I'm not too sure if I'd enjoy Kill La Kill. :p

Tizoc

Claymore changed the ending in the anime to resolve it, but the manga recently ended so maybe we'll see either a new series or Compilation movies.

xBladeM6x

Claymore changed the ending in the anime to resolve it, but the manga recently ended so maybe we'll see either a new series or Compilation movies.

Don't even get me started on the ending. My rage towards that was infinite. Like, the show was superb right up until the last 5 minutes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm 25 hours into Far Cry 4 and I'm only 54% complete, this game seems like it never ends, I've got to stop doing all these dumb side quest, I have more money than I can spend and everything but 2 skills unlocked already.

In Far Cry 3, if you were dilligant and did everything in a given area before moving on you'd unlock all of the useful skills at the halfway point, which makes the last leg of the game a slog because you no longer feel as though you're improving your character Jason Brody.

zkylon

zkylewd
Forgive me if I'm mistaking this show with something else, but I remember being told that Kill La Kill is like 120% fan service, and personally, I can't stand fan service. Lol. (I know, what the fuck am I doing watching anime if that's the case) I just really like a lot of the more serious anime, so I'm not too sure if I'd enjoy Kill La Kill. :p
i think that's not really the right way to look at it

kill la kill is just outrageously over the top about everything in a very entertaining way. it's supercharged with energy and everything it does it amped up to eleven, from the action to the humor to the epic soundtrack to introducing all the characters with crazy ass huge red japanese text in every single episode to the school actually being shaped like a sailor uniform. and also the fanservice is pretty insane to the point of everyone in the show being naked at one point. there's one dude that literally strips in slow motion every time he's delivering exposition.

if anything i appreciate kill la kill being so honest about it

it's not a "serious" show but it's a good show. like, flcl isn't serious and it's a fantastic coming of age story. kill la kill doesn't take itself very seriously, but it doesn't mean it's not superbly done, with every single character contributing any combination of humor, badassery and sweetness, and generally a great art direction and an amazing ost

Oh jeez, that's so cute!
ikr!

I should probably start watching Kill La Kill again, but like xBladem6x else said there's just a LOT of fan-service(apparently there's one episode where the antagonists mother massages her until she reaches climax or something...I...i just cant)
i mean, i dunno, it's a show that found a great excuse for its fanservice, rolled with it and took it as far as it could. you gotta stomach some cringey skimpy outfit transformations every episode but i just embraced the fanservice and found it a lot of fun because how overly unapologetic it was and how they made it work in the context of the show

i find it a lot more creepy when it's like your regular anime that has random pantyshots

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
... and all that manga/animu talk relates to steam (or gaming) ... how exactly?

xBladeM6x

Oh jeez, that's so cute!
I should probably start watching Kill La Kill again, but like xBladem6x else said there's just a LOT of fan-service(apparently there's one episode where the antagonists mother massages her until she reaches climax or something...I...i just cant)

That sounds hilarious, but I imagine I'd walk away annoyed by it for some reason. It would be such a conflict of wanting to laugh, and wanting to sigh. Lol

Just roll with it.
29-9f8f03df60fc202f468f87a488e6cc85.jpg

I suppose in that context I am looking at it wrong. I should have said that fan service really bothers me, if something is trying to have even the slightest semblance of a serious story line.

zkylon

zkylewd

it's february, no one cares about videogames in february

That sounds hilarious, but I imagine I'd walk away annoyed by it for some reason. It would be such a conflict of wanting to laugh, and wanting to sigh. Lol
you should do the rev3games' nick robinson's 3 episodes thing. it's on crunchyroll and netflix, so give it a shot, and if you don't like it by then you probably won't like it at all. i think episode 3 is one of the best so you should get a good taste of the series

i think you're gonna be laughing a lot and probably not sighing too much. it's an awesome show, just grow some balls and take the fanservice with the awesome around it!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Real Steam Talk: What's everyone's most anticipated February release? (You can pick something that already came out).

Shelter 2 and Oddworld New and Tasty or whatever it's called are out this month, couple of indie games I know people are interested in.

xBladeM6x

Real Steam Talk: What's everyone's most anticipated February release? (You can pick something that already came out).

It's probably GTA V right? Is that out this month?

For me, nothing. Everything I want comes out in March. Surprisingly GTA V not being the most anticipated, but instead Battlefield Hardline. Then again, I'm a Battlefield shill, so it's no surprise.

Chariot

It's probably GTA V right? Is that out this month?
"Most anticipated" is also my only anticipated release: Dynasty Warrirors 8: Empires.

"Most anticipated" is also my only anticipated release: Dynasty Warrirors 8: Empires.
I'm looking forward to that game as well, I recently just finished Dynasty Warriors 8 XTreme Legends(First ever Dynasty Warriors game I've finished and it took me 25hrs!) After playing a bit of Hyrule Warriors I got really interested in the Dynasty Games so I'm interested to see how Empires plays in comparison to Samurai Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, Dynasty Warriors 8, etc.

zkylon

zkylewd
I suppose in that context I am looking at it wrong. I should have said that fan service really bothers me, if something is trying to have even the slightest semblance of a serious story line.
i mean, in kill la kill people get their superpowers from sailor uniforms and actually being confident in your own nakedness makes you stronger

it's clearly not taking itself too seriously, but if you watch it you can tell nothing is accidental and that the show was crafted with supreme attention to detail and a lot of love for sheer fun and excitement

We can talk about MM 3D next week though

lol

Shelter 2 and Oddworld New and Tasty or whatever it's called are out this month, couple of indie games I know people are interested in.
way of the samurai 4, although i heard it's not gonna be my kind of thing, maybe?

i want the super serious epic tales, not a goofy medieval yakuza clone -__-

Since we're off topic anyway the Order is my most anticipated release by quite a bit because of the incredible hit reactions. Wondeful, wonderful gore <3

On steam it's probably Attlia. Interested to see if the diplomacy has been fleshed out as that really held back Rome II for me. Although Total War has always been a series that I've enjoyed reading about people playing it than actually doing so :p Resident Evil is one of my favorite franchises but Revelations 2 looks like complete garbage so far and the animation system a shell compared to RE6 but we shall see.

JaseC

Of course you have to complete co-op missions in Unity three times to unlock all three rewards. I shouldn't be surprised.

Arthea

Of course you have to complete co-op missions in Unity three times to unlock all three rewards. I shouldn't be surprised.

*shivers*, kindly remind me never to play it, even if I buy when cheap (><)

way of the samurai 4, although i heard it's not gonna be my kind of thing, maybe?

i want the super serious epic tales, not a goofy medieval yakuza clone -__-

wait what? what do you have against yakuza games?

Milamber

That way Ubisoft can collect data on your playing habits and deliver an even more richer experience for the next game.

Sini

I looked over Steam upcoming games list and surprisingly didn't see anything I would be excited to play.

Tizoc

Since we're off topic anyway the Order is my most anticipated release by quite a bit because of the incredible hit reactions. Wondeful, wonderful gore <3

On steam it's probably Attlia. Interested to see if the diplomacy has been fleshed out as that really held back Rome II for me. Although Total War has always been a series that I've enjoyed reading about people playing it than actually doing so :p Resident Evil is one of my favorite franchises but Revelations 2 looks like complete garbage so far and the animation system a shell compared to RE6 but we shall see.

I love me a good shotgun, which I enjoyed in LP3. I don't expect The Order to be the greatest thing ever, but I'll pick it up for like $20-30.
Linear brain dead shootbang games can still be fun.

If it still comes this month, then

if not... IDK

also

join the hype palanquin!

Why am I not on the palanquin! Not fair!

zkylon

zkylewd
wait what? what do you have against yakuza games?
i don't have anything against the yakuza games necessarily, but they're not what i want from way of the samurai

at least the way of the samurai i played was very different, lots of interesting ways to shape the story, a generally serious (afro samurai notwithstanding) tone, no minigames and a very focused experience overall

SpyGuy239

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SpyGuy239, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-90A9C3B80EEC2807 - Taken by Akuosa. 7 entrants total.
Viking: Battle for Asgard -- MB-C2D7962DC033A759 - Taken by xBladeM6x. 2 entrants total.
Dreamcast Collection -- MB-AF26226E4E31376C - Taken by KainXVIII. 4 entrants total.
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) [REQUIRES BASE GAME] -- MB-E130D3D4686A2FC1
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-E77689E3B853532C - Taken by Regginator. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-4C12C7418AFD96A3 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 10 entrants total.
NiGHTS Into Dreams -- MB-E57AAB0000C65615 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 4 entrants total.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II -- MB-44F33A7B74EA080A - Taken by alr1ght. 18 entrants total.
Empire: Total War -- MB-3603114D62A1F62B - Taken by thereisnoif. 7 entrants total.

t1423504658z1.png

Want to give away everything here. Thanks GAF.

Arthea

it goes like this:
February is a month of Way of the Samurai 4
March is no longer Trails month but still is Pillars of Eternity
April should see at least one of Rune Factory alikes released, at least I hope so.
May is a month of Trails SC finally, believe!

I know that the Witcher 3 comes in May, no worries, but I decided against playing it on my current hardware, I probably could run it, but I'm not sure I want. I'll wait till I have better PC, in other words.

JaseC

Definitely Abe HD.

Chariot

I'm looking forward to that game as well, I recently just finished Dynasty Warriors 8 XTreme Legends(First ever Dynasty Warriors game I've finished and it took me 25hrs!) After playing a bit of Hyrule Warriors I got really interested in the Dynasty Games so I'm interested to see how Empires plays in comparison to Samurai Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, Dynasty Warriors 8, etc.
Yes!
I am looking forward to the customization, the conquest mode and actual wives.

Besiege was updated with new parts.
Ono.gif
Awww yes.

zkylon

zkylewd
it goes like this:
February is a month of Way of the Samurai 4
March is no longer Trails month but still is Pillars of Eternity
April should see at least one of Rune Factory alikes released, at least I hope so.
May is a month of Trails SC finally, believe!

I know that the Witcher 3 comes in May, no worries, but I decided against playing it on my current hardware, I probably could run it, but I'm not sure I want. I'll wait till I have better PC, in other words.

april is dark souls 2 scamco y u do this edition coming on my birthday

I'm going to wait with calling out Namco on First Sin until I actually see what they did to it. Yeah it's probably not worth $40 (then again not a lot of games are, I'll be a good buy once it's $20 since I haven't played the DLC) but if it's true that they changed enemy layout and behaviour in all areas then it could be cool to play it again. Not seeing the huge problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom