• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Real Steam Talk: What's everyone's most anticipated February release? (You can pick something that already came out).

Shelter 2 and Oddworld New and Tasty or whatever it's called are out this month, couple of indie games I know people are interested in.

Right now, its more of a Q1 release time frame for me:

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Besiege was updated with new parts.
Ono.gif

Awww yes.

no one reads my posts :(

Weird, your quote lists a blank username?

The main thing that annoyed me about Rome II outside of the diplomacy was how long it took to pass a turn. There were a million factions and each one spread out across hundreds of provinces had to take their own turn. Hope Attlia is able to reduce the wait times.

zkylon

zkylewd
lawl

not interested, but bonus points for scamco living up to their name!

i also feel like it's too soon for me to play trails 2, specially since i didn't buy it (or did i get it gifted? i forgot...) on release

like i want to know where the story goes but i'm not crazy about going back to that combat and those lame sidequests

Arthea

This is sadly true for most posts here
Sob.gif

we prefer better emotes here (¬‿¬)

i also feel like it's too soon for me to play trails 2, specially since i didn't buy it (or did i get it gifted? i forgot...) on release

like i want to know where the story goes but i'm not crazy about going back to that combat and those lame sidequests

are you aiming for the top of my list or something?!

milena87

I finished Apotheon last night. My 22nd 100% on Steam.

It was a fun, if at times frustrating, experience. I loved the art style, the music and exploring the world to find the various weapons and powers.
I could have lived with less normal enemies, though. Weapons decay much too fast for my tastes, so most of the time I just used basic weapons, since I was trying to save the best ones for bosses or for the harder parts of the game.
I loved the Assassin Blade and Darts, at least I could kill something with just one hit and without having the entire place chasing me afterwards.

But all in all, I liked it :)

Paid a friend to buy me the new 3DS today. Probably should have spent the money on a GPU upgrade but what's done is done.

I'm planning to start Shadowrun Returns today. Does anyone have any tips to share? Like maybe which class is the most fun to play or what I should/shouldn't do while playing. It would be appreciated.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I finished Apotheon last night. My 22nd 100% on Steam.

It was a fun, if at times frustrating, experience. I loved the art style, the music and exploring the world to find the various weapons and powers.
I could have lived with less normal enemies, though. Weapons decay much too fast for my tastes, so most of the time I just used basic weapons, since I was trying to save the best ones for bosses or for the harder parts of the game.
I loved the Assassin Blade and Darts, at least I could kill something with just one hit and without having the entire place chasing me afterwards.

But all in all, I liked it :)

Glad to hear you had fun with it. I pre-ordered the game about a year ago now but I've no idea when I'll be able to get around to it.

wilflare

100 more games to idle with IDLEMASTER
every time I check it im like PLEASE LET THERE BE MONEY FOILS

:( still hurts that the days of cheap Steam games are relatively over

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Glad to hear you had fun with it. I pre-ordered the game about a year ago now but I've no idea when I'll be able to get around to it.

right after you finish all the other games in your library ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, last thing I did was completing chapter 1, I didn't touch the game anymore (this happened almost a week ago).
i think it's about by the end of chapter 2 that the story kicks off for reals and tons of cool shit starts happening

why it has to go somewhere? It's quite comfortable in that game

gosh, you guys are whiny and hate great games and fun in general (><)
i mean i don't think i'm whining about it, just giving my opinion on what i liked and didn't

Arthea

Well, if you play a RPG you expect a plot, or at least I expect it. Tons of dialogues? Yes, there are tons of dialogues, well written too. But nothing happens in the game. And dialogues are pretty much always the same (how dumb or impatient Estelle is).

Trails is not a bad game. I think its a portable game, and it shows all of this.
I mean, the pattern is: reach a city> talk to everyone, even to useless NPC because they could be usefull too (like in the section where
you need to enter each house, trying to talk with soldiers first and citizens later, until you find a citizen that gives you info to proceed
, take all side-quests available, do them as soon as you can because YOU DON'T KNOW when they will expire (this involve a LOT of backtracking among the same locations), after you clean up proceed with the main mission, then repeat the other steps. It's ALL the same. Also you can't power-level your character, monsters hit very hard, and each fight is simply too long. Otherwise, boss fights are way to easy (until now all you need to do is spam your special move with all characters, probably another turn and the fight will end). The only way I can have fun with the game is playing twenty minutes each time, then it got boring and I need to quit.

I prefer Ys titles, they are shorter, there's backtracking if you want do grab all items/do all quests, yes, but you can navigate the whole map within minutes, each fight is very fast so you proceed like a breeze.
seriously? Portable game? oh c'mon now, that's a lame argument and false too. Because it is a PC game that later was ported to PSP, it is an old game, 10 years old in fact, but it's still great. There is no useless talk here, all talk is useful, that's like strongest point of this game
ahh, forget all that, why I even bother, it is an awesome game, if you don't like it, your taste sucks, it's that simple (><)
Seriously if you aren't enjoying it, drop it, it's not your thing obviously.

milena87

Ahah, well, I hope you'll find the will / time to play it :)

It took me around 17-18 hours to complete the game. Well, ok, I cheesed the last Olympian achievement, there's no way I'm playing an entire game twice, if I can just reload the last save with the new difficulty. Why so many devs still lock away the hardest difficulty is a mistery to me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ahah, well, I hope you'll find the will / time to play it :)

It took me around 17-18 hours to complete the game. Well, ok, I cheesed the last Olympian achievement, there's no way I'm playing an entire game twice, if I can just reload the last save with the new difficulty. Why so many devs still lock away the hardest difficulty is a mistery to me.

I was expecting 10-12, so that's nice.

I mean the way the game is structured is similar to whar happens in a lot of portable titles. Missions in Trails are short, you can access each location fastly. I didn't say the game sucks. Even Peace Walker has a portable game structure. Also I can't really understand why, everytime I express my opinion about a game, argumenting it, you take it as a personal offense.
Also is not true every talk is usefull. Because after the tenth time I talk with a NPC and he underlines how dumb is Estelle, well, I got bored. How this can be usefull? To underline a character's personality? Naah.
I didn't know Trails was a PC title, but the fact remain, I find it similar to a portable title in its structure.

I never thought Trails felt more or less like a portable game than any other classic JRPG. The quests and dungeons aren't shorter than most other games, so I don't see it. And Trails is about the characters and world first, plot second. It's a journey of two kids who get more and more involved in the political situation around them and can't do anything about it (yet, I guess). Like many JRPG's it is a bit heavy on the exposition and repetition, but that's also something expected of classic JRPGs. The point is for you to get familiar with the characters so that what happens has impact and I think Trails does it well.

I can see why you (or others) don't like the slow pace, but the way you write your impressions it always make the games you're playing look like absolute trash because you only ever (or mostly) focus on the negatives.

Arthea

I mean the way the game is structured is similar to whar happens in a lot of portable titles. Missions in Trails are short, you can access each location fastly. I didn't say the game sucks. Even Peace Walker has a portable game structure. Also I can't really understand why, everytime I express my opinion about a game, argumenting it, you take it as a personal offense.
Also is not true every talk is usefull. Because after the tenth time I talk with a NPC and he underlines how dumb is Estelle, well, I got bored. How this can be usefull? To underline a character's personality? Naah.
I didn't know Trails was a PC title, but the fact remain, I find it similar to a portable title in its structure.

you complain too much, it's OK when I complain, not when others do (><)
Also you express your opinion about one of my GOATs, you totally don't get that this game is about dialogue and world building, you just ignore that, no, you complain even about that!
anyway, banter with Estelle or about Estelle is called humour and it is adorable. Here is my opinion. Let's leave it at that.

Estelle is adorable.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ahymde6P1ruhq2co1_r1_400.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

she totally is

you complain too much, it's OK when I complain, not when others do (><)
Also you express your opinion about one of my GOATs, you totally don't get that this game is about dialogue and world building, you just ignore that, no, you complain even about that!
anyway, banter with Estelle or about Estelle is called humour and it is adorable. Here is my opinion. Let's leave it at that.

Estelle is adorable.

tumblr_m4ahymde6P1ruhq2co1_r1_400.gif

Milamber

I go to OffTopic for a bit and I get spoiled for today's Top Gear episode right in the thread title. I'm not even home yet and I got that episode queued up.

&#65377;&#65381;&#65439;&#65381;(&#65417;&#1044;`)&#65381;&#65439;&#65381;&#65377;

zkylon

zkylewd
btw i very much enjoyed tits and am pretty excited about 2. like it's been said before, it's a game about characters first and i thought it delivered in that regard, even if it was a bit unbearable at times (like seriously just kiss him already, you idiot!)

i didn't think the combat lived to its potential as for most of the game you only have 2 or 3 characters in your party which limits your options a lot.

also in general i don't think the sidequests were any good and by the end i skipped most of them. i wish sidequests were more on the story side, cos these mostly felt like padding

Estelle is adorable.

tumblr_m4ahymde6P1ruhq2co1_r1_400.gif
she is kind of a doofus

I've actually done that before.
who hasn't lol

Sarcasm

Humm just noticed mafia isn't on steam anymore. I finally have something that is ooohhh special ^.^

Maybe I should try to play it again.

milena87

I was expecting 10-12, so that's nice.

With this type of games, I usually take more time than most, 12 hours seems about right for most people. And the champion difficulty is brutal at times
Zeus was incredibly overpowered and it took me almost an hour just to beat him ç_ç

Ah, also I wasted at least an hour because I couldn't progress with a side quest: there was a door that didn't open when it was supposed to, but I thought that I needed to find a key or a hidden mechanism to open ot. After looking around for a bit, I checked online and saw that it was a bug.
Since I didn't want to replay 2+ hours of the game, I tried pretty much everything and started throwing things at the door. What finally did the trick was to throw a special sack that summoned a wolf inside the room and killed the two people in there. Then the wolf was kind enough and opened the door for me :D

Right now my most anticipated release is GTAV, but that doesn't mean my February schedule is empty, I still need to finish Witcher 2 and Grim Fandango, and beat my newly bought VC.
Paid a friend to buy me the new 3DS today. Probably should have spent the money on a GPU upgrade but what's done is done.

I'm planning to start Shadowrun Returns today. Does anyone have any tips to share? Like maybe which class is the most fun to play or what I should/shouldn't do while playing. It would be appreciated.
Always have one healer present, preferably 2, bring grenades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom