• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

I paid seven dollars for Evolve so I find it unlikely I will feel any sense of regret. Enjoyed the bit I played of the Alpha and it's Cryengine so it's pretty. Looking forward to playing with Gafers tonight.

I want my seven dollars back. I could buy like half an Amiibo with that.

Kiru

Oh my god!

I GOT A BOOS...

j1IxAcgUz3X9m.PNG

...shit

I got one for canyon capers today...

Oh man.
Attempting to play Trails in the Sky after Neptunia was the worst idea.

I mean yeah, talk to most any serious JRPG fan and they'll say "WHAT? How are those two games even remotely comparable in quality?!?"

Neptunia gives players the option to skip every battle animation. Fights literally take seconds.
Trails gives players the option to make a sandwich or mow the lawn during every battle. Fights literally take forever.

It's so frustrating.

Oh man.
Attempting to play Trails in the Sky after Neptunia was the worst idea.

I mean yeah, talk to most any serious JRPG fan and they'll say "WHAT? How are those two games even remotely comparable in quality?!?"

Neptunia gives players the option to skip every battle animation. Fights literally take seconds.
Trails gives players the option to make a sandwich or mow the lawn during every battle. Fights literally take forever.

It's so frustrating.

A TRUE fan of JRPGs would crave longer fights!

I hate typical JRPG fandom.

so O&S was a pretty baller fight co-op. Solaire died like a true Sun Bro. Fuck doing that thing solo though.

When is recommended to do the DLC content?
Yep, O&S was one of the more memorable boss fights. I did not only summon Solaire who surprisingly only was good as distraction and cannon fodder but also another human player who helped me out like a boss.
Both died right before the second stage though, so I had to take out Smough's final form on myself. It was so tense. At then end my palms were wet, haha. But the satisfaction :D

About DLC. I am doing it as timely released. So I just finished the last boss remaining for me, Seath - which was a pain -_- I only attacked him from behind, always his two tails. Died many times by its smashes. Yet I didn't get the special tail weapon drop :( No clue why? I only ever attacked his tail?!
But now I will clear some black knights in Kiln but not go for Gwyn. Instead go DLC. As far as I know you can't access DLC portion after beating Gwyn, so I am doing DLC as the penultimate stuff.

On the bosses. The Asylum Demon was pretty cool as a "tutorial" boss but now I realize he was basically reskinned for two other bossfights :/ That's lame.
Lost Izalith also looked pretty cool at first with its Maya-like architecture but it fell kinda flat pretty quick. There's not much of the fascinating level design of other areas there sadly.
Painted World was gorgeous and I loved everything about it. Very different and unique enemies, great level design, secrets and shortcuts and the best soul farming place so far. It was so short though. Hope DS2 is more like it.

On another note, last night I finally got to taste all the fruits of hours upon hours of work to save all my precious NPCs :)
Gave 30 humanities to spider jailbait and got the red eyed bug and saw my bro Solaire at the stairs.
After that I saved Siegmeier in Izalith and then his daughter in Duke's. Finally found them again at Ash Lake. Manly tears have been shed ;_;
After that I found my darling Reah at the prison in Duke's but she attacked me. She was hollow as well. Oh man, it was tough but I downed her.
At last I got me well over 100.000 souls and bought all spells Logan had to teach after saving him of course. He went bananas afterwards and I brought him down as well. Dropped a unique spell. Nice.

I also finally got the Symbol of Avarice from a mimic. I put all my item discovery gear on and tried getting the three-headed spear from the mages but even after 10 runs it didn't drop >:|
They had some funny dance moves though, hah.

Now it is time for the DLC. I feel good. Almost overpowered. Upgraded my Giant Armor Set to max and am basically a tank. It has way better stats than even Havel's Armor! My flame is a +5 ascended. Oh I forgot. I also leveled up to 25 Faith and am officially a Sun-Bro now :) That lightning spear :O Gonna try help with bossfights for sunmedals to get my enhanced lightning spear. It is not only powerful but looks so good when using it. I kinda regret not going full faith with my character at first. Miracle Spells are way more diverse than I remember from Demon's Souls. So many offensive ones. Always thought it's supportive stuff :/

Dark Souls really is such a great game. You can put dozens upon dozens of hours into it without getting bored and learning new stuff as well. For me it is such a huge step-up from Demon's Souls too. The pacing, the world design, bosses (mostly). I really liked DeS but after playing DS1 I can honestly say it was not perfect. I got fed up with it after 70 hours. It is a great game but DS1 is one if the best games of all time imo.

You can almost feel fresh air :D
Far Cry 4 ? What monitor are you playing on? o_O
So BioShock 2 and BioShock 2: Minerva’s Den don't seem to be available for purchase on Steam right now (no price listed). Is this a glitch that happens with Steam sometimes, or is something else going on?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8850/
Well that is not good at all. I read a lot about Minerva's Den being one of the best DLC. I have BS2 but not the DLC sadly. Hopefully it'll come back. I always took a look at it during sales but it never went as cheap as to get it sadly.
Right now, its more of a Q1 release time frame for me:
Solarix looks pretty cool. Wishlisted.
Besiege just got a patch :D
That game looks super funny and the devs are adding stuff pretty decently. Hopefully there will be a campaign mode with some story as I find the soldier and sheep pretty fun and would like to see them more.

Khronico

I managed to break away from Skyrim and uninstall it. As much as I was enjoying it, Skyrim is an infinite time hole that I can't afford to fall into right now.

Man that modding scene is addicting, I was up to 65 mods and still finding more. Despite some fundamental problems I have with the game the modding scene has really elevated it to become a great game.

"It only takes ~20 mods until Skyrim starts getting really good!" - Khronico

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
crazy JaseC question... Is there anyway to tell which games you have that have been removed from the store?

SteamDB's calculator is a bit iffy (e.g. it's listing a price for Act of War: Direct Action even though the sub was removed about two months ago), which renders listing by price useless, and while there is a site somebody made for the very purpose you describe I can't remember the URL. In the meantime you could just copy/paste your SteamDB calculator list and CTRL-F for "Not in Store".

I managed to break away from Skyrim and uninstall it. As much as I was enjoying it, Skyrim is an infinite time hole that I can't afford to fall into right now.

Man that modding scene is addicting, I was up to 65 mods and still finding more. Despite some fundamental problems I have with the game the modding scene has really elevated it to become a great game.

"It only takes ~20 mods until Skyrim starts getting really good!" - Khronico
How many hours did you put into it? You should post some screenshots of your modded Skyrim too!
Thanks for Thief II again :D

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I am at the point where if Jim Sterling expressed an original, non-obvious opinion in an original, non-obvious way, I'd double check to make sure I wasn't having a stroke.

Deitus

He explains his decision in this interview. No rumours to the contrary have surfaced, so I assume he told the truth.

This is Molyneux we are talking about, you should never assume that.

But seriously, the Fable series was a decent money maker for Microsoft. I doubt they would have pushed him out.

dex3108

I love nature's beauty and your shots look gorgeous!
The foliage the AA. What are your specs if you don't mind? Looks so good.

2600K @ stock speed
GTX 760 2GB slightly overclocked
8GB DDR3 1600MHz

In game settings are mostly on High, AA is SMAA, Vegetation is on Ultra, Nvidia HBAO+, Fur and God Rays are on. I have locked FPS to 30 (yeah i play FPS in 2015 @ 30FPS deal with it i want to look to pretty nature :D).

I took images with in game camera that enables you to zoom in and remove HUD fast. Also i think that in game camera introduces DoF and image is not same when you are looking through camera i think.

Khronico

How many hours did you put into it? You should post some screenshots of your modded Skyrim too!
Thanks for Thief II again :D

According to Steam, 12.2 hours in the past 2 weeks (I started playing last Monday I think).

It ran fantastically well too, I had it maxed out with 4x AA, one lighting mod and one weather/cloud/skybox mod and got an almost rock solid 60fps.

It's not AMAZING ENB + 8K TEXTURES but I thought it looked really pretty for how light it was on my rig.

SteamDB calculator.

SteamDB's calculator is a bit iffy (e.g. it's listing a price for Act of War: Direct Action even though the sub was removed about two months ago), which renders listing by price useless, and while there is a site somebody made for the very purpose you describe I can't remember the URL. In the meantime you could just copy/paste your SteamDB calculator list and CTRL-F for "Not in Store".

That's what I'm looking for, thanks guys!

2015-02-09_18-14-33.jpg

that's in relation to this

loldamn

louiedog

I own Godus and it's terrible. edit: Maybe it's not terrible, but it's not good and I had a terrible time playing it.

Normally games with developer commentary are great. I love listening to that stuff. In this game it feels like a constant sales pitch to love the F2P game design.

It's not F2P on Steam, but the same hooks are all there. You're constantly making the decision to pay or wait, the only difference is the resources are more easy to get and you can't pay real money for them. You're being told that while you wait there's fun stuff to do. There is stuff to do, but it's not fun.

MattyG

Banned
According to Steam, 12.2 hours in the past 2 weeks (I started playing last Monday I think).

It ran fantastically well too, I had it maxed out with 4x AA, one lighting mod and one weather/cloud/skybox mod and got an almost rock solid 60fps.

It's not AMAZING ENB + 8K TEXTURES but I thought it looked really pretty for how light it was on my rig.
What mods are you using?

Khronico

What mods are you using?

I'll repost my response to Sarcasm via PM

Khronico said:
Sarcasm said:
You got a mod list?

Unfortunately I didn't screencap my list or have a record anywhere, but I'll try and list off those I remember:

Realistic Lighting Overhaul
Duel - Combat Realism
Immersive Armors
Immersive Weapons
ABT - Arrows and Bolts Tweaks
VioLens - A Killmove Mod
Revenge Of the Enemies
SPERG: Skyrim Perk Enhancements and Rebalanced Gameplay
Sneak Tools
Complete Crafting Overhaul
Dual Wield Parrying
High Level Enemies
Immersive Patrols
Extensible Follower Framework
Alternate Start - Live Another Life
Radiance
Skyrim - Enhanced Camera
Pure Weather
Immersive Animations
Bethesda Performance Textures
Realistic Clouds
HD Detailed Terrain
A Quality World Map
Lore Weapon Expansion
SkyUI
Dead Body Collision
Unofficial Skyrim Patches (all)
Better Dialogue Control
Skyrim Script Extender (ESSENTIAL TO MAKE EVERYTHING WORK)

Theres a good tutorial on what mods are worth checking out on http://www.tesgeneral.com/#!skyrim-guide/c22o0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom