• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015-02-09_18-14-33.jpg

that's in relation to this
Damn!

dex3108

I can't believe, i went to the bank to put money on my account for Life is Strange on nuuvem and i didn't saw what is current exchange rate and now i am missing 0.3$ :( Oh well i will go again tomorrow and deposit more money i guess. (I currently only have Debit card that doesn't have limit so i can't go in minus).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't believe, i went to the bank to put money on my account for Life is Strange on nuuvem and i didn't saw what is current exchange rate and now i am missing 0.3$ :( Oh well i will go again tomorrow and deposit more money i guess. (I currently only have Debit card that doesn't have limit so i can't go in minus).

You can't tie your bank account to your PayPal account where you live?

I thought the Witcher novel fan translations were supposed to all be good.

The Tower of the Swallow uses "there" instead of "their" in the first few pages and has me nervous that this is going to be really rough.

Saty

Under the Ocean pulled from Steam Early Access: http://www.pcgamer.com/under-the-ocean-pulled-from-steam-early-access/

And things seemed to be proceeding apace when it hit Steam Early Access in April 2013. But we haven't heard much about it since then, and last week developer Paul Hart revealed why: The project is out of money and programmer Michael Reitzenstein has quit.
Despite the loss and "against better judgment and out of sheer stubbornness," he said he's not giving up on the game and vowed to finish it by himself if necessary, no matter how long it takes.

In the meantime, however, the game will no longer be available for sale: He requested that it be removed from Early Access, and Valve obliged. "I think this makes the most sense as I don't want to deceive people into thinking the game is one thing when it is not," Hart wrote.
Under the Ocean was among the 12 games that Early Access debuted with.

-Deimos

The Tower of the Swallow uses "there" instead of "their" in the first few pages and has me nervous that this is going to be really rough.

You should probably stop right now if a little grammar mistake like that unsettles you that much. The translations are full of them.

Tizoc

K, done. It's 4,50 even with the extra code.

Make sure to apply the 60 FPS fix, read the steam community guides and in 5-10 mins the game will be ready to be experienced in slick 60 or 120 FPS glory+no health bars, etc. if you want to play it like that

JaseC

...it seems putting my S3 into standby causes the Unity Companion App's timer to slow down by about 33% or so. I don't know if this is a bug or something that is supposed to happen on the count of the phone being in a low-power mode, so I'll refrain from saying, "Damn it, Ubi!"

(Yeah, I'm doing the Nomad Brotherhood stuff even though I said I probably wouldn't.)

Jase, your avatar is scary and it seems it wants to kill me.

kax1u9x.jpg

Hugstable

Banned
Been on a Resident Evil binge since playing REmake, finally played Resident Evil 2 and 3 for the first time ever (god damn they are so so good, I did ClaireA LeonB for 2, I still want to do the other scenarios soon). Just started up Resident Evil 4 last night on Steam, and god damn this game holds up so well in every way. I'm honestly stunned that this game is pretty much 11 years old or so at this point, it looks and plays amazing still, and this pacing is just unmatched. Hit chapter 2 already and loving this replay. Was nice to finally revisit the Resident Evil series again since when I got into RE was back when REmake first released on Gamecube, and until recent I hadn't played REmake or 4 since their launches, so it's amazing to come back to both so many years later and know that the experiences today are every bit as amazing as they were back then. Was great playing 2 and 3 for the first times also, especially coming off the REmake hype.

Benedict

Teslagrad bought on Steam and Killer is Dead on Gamersgate.

Remember to use code T8QM4-BCMG4-4KMDW on Gamersgate for another 10% discount.

You should probably stop right now if a little grammar mistake like that unsettles you that much. The translations are full of them.

I wouldn't say that it bothered me a lot by itself, just seemed to give me the impression that mistakes would be common. I should be fine as long as they're not so bad as to actually confuse the meaning.

I don't remember having many problems with The Sword of Destiny, though.

Hugstable

Banned
Can you tell me the differences between each scenario?
Back in days I only played the game with Claire once, what does it change?

You only played Claire A? Their is a whole other half of the game that you might have missed, after you beat Claire A you save and continue it with Leon in his B scenario to get the true ending. There are basically 2 campaigns going on in RE2 depending on which character you decide to play with first, like you can start the game with Leon and have him be A scenario so then you do the second half with Claire. Differences in the scenarios are basically the paths that you take, zombie spawn/locations, plus a few different enemies and bosses for the B scenarios of the game (Mr. X)

Kaleinc

Banned

If the most basic stuff is full of holes I wouldn't waste my time.

Dragon's Dogma and Red Dead Redemption are the two greatest "crazy what we could have had" missed connections in the modern era.

Please ban Early Access games completely. Sigh.

Much more good than bad comes out of Early Access. People are getting much better now at sniffing what is a sure bet (even in Early Access) and what is half-baked. The few misfires will be well documented, but every month has a pile of successes from the program that well warrant its existence.

edit: Question out there-is The Crew the best Car RPG on Steam? On consoles there is a pile of stuff cut from the excesses of Gran Turismo's plodding career mode, but I was wondering if The Crew or one of the codemaster's games would be a better lighthearted stats and races romp. I had to cut out sim games entirely a year or two ago, just can't play them enough to not feel like a complete scrublord anymore.

dex3108

You can't tie your bank account to your PayPal account where you live?

It is already tied to my PayPal but i don't have enough money on my bank account so i can't pay. Exchange rate changed yesterday or today and i didn't check that before i went to the bank that is why i didn't put more money on my account. Oh well it will be easier when i find a job and when i open new normal account :D

JaseC

It is already tied to my PayPal but i don't have enough money on my bank account so i can't pay. Exchange rate changed yesterday or today and i didn't check that before i went to the bank that is why i didn't put more money on my account. Oh well it will be easier when i find a job and when i open new normal account :D

Yeah, but transfers take a day to go through, so you could have bought the game and then sorted out the deposit.

Edit Oh, wait, I was under the impression that you missed a deal after depositing what you found to be a slightly incorrect amount, but looking back I see you didn't mention that.

dex3108

Yeah, but transfers take a day to go through, so you could have bought the game and then sorted out the deposit.

Edit Oh, wait, I was under the impression that you missed the deal after depositing what you found to be the slightly incorrect amount, but looking back I see you didn't mention that.

Actually i can't pay if i don't have enough funds no matter if actual transfer happens later. I tried many times before and even if 0.01$ is missing transaction won't go through.

P.S. Two more Panoramas for you SteamGAF :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom