• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't be letdown if you weren't entirely PUMPED in the first place.

1Ex64Ar.gif

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition -- MB-0A3695B5A320E27C - Taken by PaulSane. 8 entrants total.
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West -- MB-70705E979D2FA951 - Taken by Jadax. 10 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-E7FBB4728033D10F - Taken by sid2vicious. 5 entrants total.

t1486509612z1.png

Teggy

If only I could get the card glitch to work consistently - just got 350 cards to drop. Less than 850 left at least.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wow cool thanks for the exposure. I'm gonna pick it up. It also led me down the "Japanese" arcade puzzler rabbit hole and found Super Puzzle Sisters. I'm really intrigued in the whole Coop Puzzlers I see in SPS and Critter Crunch where you can team up on one giant board. Any more games have this feature? Steam tag search is really bad as it only seems to search recent and popular releases and not their entire catalogue.
I was super excited at first glance of SPS then super disappointed that it's a puyo puyo clone not a panel de pon clone.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ESO Gold edition in the top sellers? Why did this happen all of a sudden?

housing patch

So I preordered the Morrowing ESO thing. Does anyone know if I need the prior games to have that or will this version just catapult me into owning everything up-to Morrowind?

By games you mean expansions / dlc? Because Marrowind is just Marrowind. You also need the full game in case that wasnt clear.

Phawx

So I preordered the Morrowing ESO thing. Does anyone know if I need the prior games to have that or will this version just catapult me into owning everything up-to Morrowind?

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold Crusader 2 -- MB-B7B26130E08A30BC - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition -- MB-2231855D7B348AA6 - Taken by Mivey
Rust (Early Access) -- MB-7B90371B0E383B91 - Taken by Natty1

Hereafter

Awesome recommendations

MMX: The reviews for the game are pretty bad. Is it better than the reviews?

Fall: Not turn based.

Broken Land: Looks nice but I'm looking for a real dungeon crawler. Reviews said the dungeons aren't really good. Plus the art style is really ugly.

Frayed Knights: Look nice, I'll check it out. The art style is ugly though.

W8: It's my GOAT. finished it on ironman mode :)

Elminage Gothic: I thought this game was horrible.

Grimrock: Not turn based.

Ray Gigant: Looks nice! Thanks.

The other ones looks nice too. Wishlisted.

FLD

Nooooes

Was hoping for either xenoverse or symphonia in bamco humble bundle 2 ;(

Yeah, I was really hoping for Symphonia but now I think I'll pass on the bundle altogether. I am getting increasingly tempted to jump on the Atelier train, though. But I just started getting back into Zestiria...

Knurek

Well, it was my 2014 GOTY.
Durante's as well, now that I think of it.
Other than crappy Unity performance, there's really nothing not to like here, especially if you played and liked World of Xeen.
Also has that amazing old-school shader.
A9WCTnC.png

Hereafter

Well, it was my 2014 GOTY.
Durante's as well, now that I think of it.
Other than crappy Unity performance, there's really nothing not to like here, especially if you played and liked World of Xeen.
Also has that amazing old-school shader.

Thanks I'll add it to my wishlist. The reviews and uPlay was holding off my purchase.

Corpekata

Banned
I mean, if the choice is between MMX and a Sakura game, even with some negative reviews (and some glaring polish issues), choose MMX. It's a no brainer.

I'd argue against Ray Gigant. Its dungeon and battle systems are bland and boring, and it's really only notable for being one of the few story heavy drpgs (and some cool animations).

Hereafter

I mean, if the choice is between MMX and a Sakura game, even with some negative reviews (and some glaring polish issues), choose MMX. It's a no brainer.

I'd argue against Ray Gigant. Its dungeon and battle systems are bland and boring, and it's really only notable for being one of the few story heavy drpgs (and some cool animations).

Is it weird that Sakura Dungeon better reviews than MMX? lol. Anime boobs > all I guess.

I rather have a nice dungeon, hard as nails tactical combat than story in my drpgs.

Nzyme32

Damn, Shadows of the Empire heading to Steam yet not available yet other than via the Humble Bundle. I want to complete my collection damn it. Used to love that game oh so long ago

Ray Gigant: Looks nice! Thanks.

I just started playing Ray Gigant (now postponed thanks to Atelier Sophie), and I'll have to warn you that I have not found the combat system in that game to be very interesting. I'm only 3 hours in and it already feels very repetitive to me. It also lacks a initiative queue (unless you unlock that later) which makes it harder to plan turns. The art is really nice, though, and I've enjoyed the story so far, but I would not suggest that being your first pick for a DRPG.

Nights of Azure is DX11, supports arbitrary resolutions up to 1080p, and any other resolution by editing the registry.

Atelier is DX9, supports only a set list of resolutions, but in return that resolution list goes up to 3840x2160.

It's very much not an epitome of consistency, but at least both seemed to perform well in my testing, and both run at 60 FPS.

Not really -- I'm using it with Atelier (also for borderless screenshots). I'm currently on a business trip, but when I get back I'll check if my current version is the released one.

ok thanks I'll wait for more infos

gngf123

Do we know any more about the release of Operation Abyss/Babel? Feels like it's been radio silent ever since they announced early 2017.

Is it weird that Sakura Dungeon better reviews than MMX? lol. Anime boobs > all I guess.

I rather have a nice dungeon, hard as nails tactical combat than story in my drpgs.

Fanservice games have a big fanbase on steam.

Still find it a shame Sakura Dungeon easily outsold the likes of Stranger of Sword City.

Tizoc

Has anyone watched a YT video, manually set it to 720p and the damn thing just loads unbearably slow? What's the cause of this?

Phinor

I have to voice my support here too. I'm always surprised when I see the review rating of M&M:X on Steam. It was flawed sure but I as well as my friends all enjoyed the game so much that no matter the flaws, there's zero chance of any of us reviewing the game as negative.

Reading the reviews and there seems to be some legit issues/bugs with the game though. Can't say I ever had such issues but obviously those issues exist.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition -- MB-0A3695B5A320E27C - Taken by PaulSane. 8 entrants total.
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West -- MB-70705E979D2FA951 - Taken by Jadax. 10 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-E7FBB4728033D10F - Taken by sid2vicious. 5 entrants total.

t1486509612z1.png

gngf123

Also, has anyone else been having Steam downloads frequently freeze lately?

Downloading Atelier now. It does 5MB/s for a few seconds then just rests at 0 until I pause and resume.

Also, has anyone else been having Steam downloads frequently freeze lately?

Downloading Atelier now. It does 5MB/s for a few seconds then just rests at 0 until I pause and resume.

Are you getting disk write errors? That's been the cause of it for me a lot lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom