• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLD

52 Canadian bucks in my Steam wallet.

Atelier Sophie is 33.

Do I work on my backlog and wait for a sale, or do I treat myself?

No pre-order/launch discount means I can wait a bit. No reason to get Atelier right away when I still have Zestiria and Disgaea 2 to finish.

More importantly, I can't get over how awesome it is that I can mention those three games in the same sentence in a Steam thread. All that's missing is Persona...

Sarcasm

I thought there was a GeDoSaTo thread?

I have added Sophie and the ini but I can't get it to downsample, but ingame at least GeDOSaTo shows up as running.

But not downsampling.

Knurek

So yeah... Framepacing issues, very noticeable when panning the camera left/right:

20170208010140_17msrn.jpg

Switching to borderless windowed seems to have fixed them a bit, but required a bit more GPU power than exclusive fullscreen.

Durante, any compatibility bits needed for SGSSAA?

wouldn't Disk Write errors mean an issue with the drive itself?...doesn't that mean the drive is failing?

I've tested it across all of my drives and still the error persists, but I'm not getting any signs of failure anywhere else so it's gotta be something with Steam. I did find this video about how to fix it on a game by game basis that works for me when a download is particularly stubborn. Usually I can keep resuming the download until it gets through.

Knurek

I can get it to load, but I can't downsample. What did you do?

I'm running at 1080p with SGSSAAx8 added in the Nvidia Inspector - seems to be enabled, because the picture is so clean, but I'd appreciate if Durante shared his profile here. ;)
But I had no problem running 4k DSR resolution previously.

Tektonic

I didn't end up buying Namco bundle last week.
I didn't see the need to buy star wars bundle this week.
I cancelled my humble monthly bundle on Monday (after having bought it since its inception)

Am i free from humble, or is my steam waning?

I replaced humble monthly with PSPlus

Sarcasm

I'm running at 1080p with SGSSAAx8 added in the Nvidia Inspector - seems to be enabled, because the picture is so clean, but I'd appreciate if Durante shared his profile here. ;)
But I had no problem running 4k DSR resolution previously.

Does DSR still make everything else small like overlay?

Knurek

Does DSR still make everything else small like overlay?

Standard Steam Overlay? Yes
Big Picture Mode? No.

So it does not work for every other game? Too bad!

TZfix and TBfix are game specific (Zestiria and Berseria).
SpecialK works with (almost) every game using D3D9+ or OpenGL. For Steam games, it adds PSN/X360 achivement unlock sound among other things.

Sarcasm

Standard Steam Overlay? Yes
Big Picture Mode? No.

TZfix and TBfix are game specific (Zestiria and Berseria).
SpecialK works with (almost) every game using D3D9+ or OpenGL. For Steam games, it adds PSN/X360 achivement unlock sound among other things.

Game doesn't even see the higher reso with DSR enabled -.-

Pakkidis

I didn't end up buying Namco bundle last week.
I didn't see the need to buy star wars bundle this week.
I cancelled my humble monthly bundle on Monday (after having bought it since its inception)

Am i free from humble, or is my steam waning?

I replaced humble monthly with PSPlus

You'll be back.....they always come back.

gngf123

I'm also getting framerate problems in Atelier Sophie. It's 60 most of the time but seemingly randomly sometimes drops really hard to 15-20 for a couple of seconds.

PaulSane

I'm also getting framerate problems in Atelier Sophie. It's 60 most of the time but seemingly randomly sometimes drops really hard to 15-20 for a couple of seconds.

Did you try changing the process priority to High? I've also forbidden it from using 2 of my cores, now the CPU usage doesn't go more than 50%, and the game still runs great. Other than this, i don't have any other technical issues with the game so far.

As for the game itself, it's indeed a very relaxing experience (although i play on DESPAIR difficulty level :p), especially coming from Tales of Berseria, where both story and gameplay are a lot more intense.

Genki

Played Kero Blaster a few years ago and enjoyed it. I thought the zangyou mode they added was simply a hard mode, but it's basically a free expansion pack! Just finished it and was really impressed with it. Can't believe it's sitting at 13K on Steamspy...

Battlechili

Banned
Atelier is a very relaxing game; its so cozy beautiful. The graphics aren't super detailed, but the character models at the very least clearly have a lot of effort put into them. The music is beautiful as well, and the 60fps make the game really pleasant on the eyes.

Teggy

Woo, finally finished up RE6 and now know all of its deep dark secrets
except for who was coming out of that cocoon at the end.

ezodagrom

So yeah... Framepacing issues, very noticeable when panning the camera left/right:

Switching to borderless windowed seems to have fixed them a bit, but required a bit more GPU power than exclusive fullscreen.

Durante, any compatibility bits needed for SGSSAA?
With a Nvidia GPU, some of the spikes are because of the GPU stats in the OSD.

Kaldaien said:
More specifically, by NVIDIA's GPU monitoring. It's busted in recent drivers. Press Ctrl + Shift + G to turn tha toff.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/429660/discussions/0/142261352640205850/?ctp=122#c133256240745094556

It's not perfect, far from it, but it's not that bad too.

First pic is while turning the camera, second pic is while quiet.

SGSSAA wise, I think Durante mentioned before that it's just enhancing the game's MSAA (instead of overriding), no bits required.

Momentary

Banned
Atelier Sophie runs at whatever frame rate you want.
I've got the game running at 4K with SGSSAA x8 and still getting 130-144 FPS. The game's framerate limiter seems to be going a bit crazy though. I don't feel the effects of it though.

***Images resized to 1440p***

I will say this. The game is VERY well optimized on my end. There are games that look way less demanding than this that would send my system to a CRAWL if I used SGSSAAx8.

Teggy

Now that I finished RE6, I can't wait to play RE7 and find out what happened next for Leon, Chris, Sherry and Ada!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom