• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Finished Witcher 3 main campaign yesterday. Got the obviously best ending
where Ciri becomes a witcher
. And then watched the other main 2 endings from the tubes, man one of them is bleak. Thinking about checking some of the alternative quest outcomes and such as well.
Left a handful of question marks in Novigrad and over a 100 in Skellige, maybe I'll clear those when I return to play the DLC.

Thinking about playing Atelier next.

Anyone knows what happened to that Kickstarter game, where you are a robot in a postapocalyptic world moving boxes and stuff? It was in first person and the trailers always looked great.
Also was supposed to have VR support.

gurm3n

Neo Member
Finished Witcher 3 main campaign yesterday. Got the obviously best ending
where Ciri becomes a witcher
. And then watched the other main 2 endings from the tubes, man one of them is bleak. Thinking about checking some of the alternative quest outcomes and such as well.
Left a handful of question marks in Novigrad and over a 100 in Skellige, maybe I'll clear those when I return to play the DLC.

Thinking about playing Atelier next.

Play Hearts of Stone right away, it's a masterpiece. Hell, also play Blood and Wine after that, haha.

Parsnip

Play Hearts of Stone right away, it's a masterpiece. Hell, also play Blood and Wine after that, haha.

Nah, I'm a bit burned out on Witcher right now, there's too much game there. I need a palette cleanser and animu sounds good right about now.

Yep, never touched the series before this.
I think the real fun of Total War games start when you've played a bit and the game begins to open up. More factions will interact with you when you're no longer a small non-entity, and after you've conquered some land you'll learn how to maneuver armies between external enemies and domestic uprising (in this game chaos forces and vampire). There's also the satisfaction in winning battles with tactics when you're at a number disadvantage.

Vibranium

Banned
Now that I finished RE6, I can't wait to play RE7 and find out what happened next for Leon, Chris, Sherry and Ada!

Well...you'll get to time travel and see 3 of them in Resident Evil 2 Remake. And Chris' desk/picture at the old STARS office, which half-counts I guess?

header.jpg

Star Wars: Shadows of the empire is up on steam now
http://store.steampowered.com/app/560170/

Nzyme32

Really should do more than read just the OP of threads and saying my piece. UWP threads continue to be as absurdly defensive as ever. Not worth the time of day to discuss even a simple notion without triggering a beholden corporation fan no matter what the topic it seems

header.jpg

Star Wars: Shadows of the empire is up on steam now
http://store.steampowered.com/app/560170/

Ah finally. Was going for GOG but the eventual bundle thing will work out most cost effective since I have every other game. And this one is pretty nostalgic for me. Only played N64 version

Knurek

With a Nvidia GPU, some of the spikes are because of the GPU stats in the OSD.
It's not perfect, far from it, but it's not that bad too.

Actually, the latest release fixes those spikes:

20170208064047_1cexss.jpg

(You still need to be in the borderless windowed mode, I'm guessing Windows framepacer is better than Koei's one).

Hereafter

It's not a good turn based RPG.
If you really want to play something like that, play Demon Master Chris.
It's what Sakura Dungeon is based on and it does everything better.

I shouldn't have googled some let's play videos. I didn't know Sakura games were like that. I thought they are risqué but not full blown h-games.

dex3108

Man Switch defense force is strong on GAF. If only Valve was like Nintendo and cut all the features from Steam beside ability to play games offline and only in local co-op. We could use mobile app for everything else.

:D

thanx again ya'll for pointing out where the ram is. my bad about the angle, i didn't even know it was a bad angle lol. so it turns out i have two 4GB (2x2GB) sticks. it doesn't look like there's room for more so probly need two 8GB sticks. hoping 16GB can handle editing videos at high frame rates.

http://i.imgur.com/uTt5wb7.jpg

Sarcasm

thanx again ya'll for pointing out where the ram is. my bad about the angle, i didn't even know it was a bad angle lol. so it turns out i have two 4GB (2x2GB) sticks. it doesn't look like there's room for more so probly need two 8GB sticks. hoping 16GB can handle editing videos at high frame rates.

You have four slots for ram. If you can take a side angle from the right side (in the picture) at 45 degrees I can point. As it looks like this:

| Stick of ram | black thing | stick of ram | black thing |

The black things are your extra slots.

Your CPU cooler is blocking the first RAM slot so a couple 8gb sticks would be the best bet.

You have four slots for ram. If you can take a side angle from the right side (in the picture) at 45 degrees I can point. As it looks like this:

| Stick of ram | black thing | stick of ram | black thing |

The black things are your extra slots.

here you go, hopefully it's more visible. i used a flashlight this time cuz my place is too dark to take a pic:
http://imgur.com/04Yj8sZ

It's an old motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65 (B3). Can it handle more than 16GB of RAM? The Dear Leader mentioned a couple of 8GB sticks.

Durante

Atelier Sophie runs at whatever frame rate you want.
I've got the game running at 4K with SGSSAA x8 and still getting 130-144 FPS. The game's framerate limiter seems to be going a bit crazy though. I don't feel the effects of it though.

***Images resized to 1440p***

I will say this. The game is VERY well optimized on my end. There are games that look way less demanding than this that would send my system to a CRAWL if I used SGSSAAx8.
Whoa, I didn't even think to try >60 FPS.

Tizoc

Man Switch defense force is strong on GAF. If only Valve was like Nintendo and cut all the features from Steam beside ability to play games offline and only in local co-op. We could use mobile app for everything else.

:D

This reminds me of the SF5 situation for some reason.

Momentary

Banned
Whoa, I didn't even think to try >60 FPS.

Yeah after seeing that, I got motivated and started up another K-T title...

I decided to go back and try Dragon Quest Heroes too and was able to push 4k and SMAA to the game.

The issue now is that it starts out at 60FPS then gradually goes down to 40 after playing for some time. That is beyond my abilities to fix. Which sucks because the game looks pretty damn amazing aside for the jerk fest framerate.

Kaleinc

Banned
I decided to go back and try Dragon Quest Heroes to and was able to push 4k and SMAA to the game.

The issue now is that it starts out at 60FPS then gradually goes down to 40 after playing for some time. That is beyond my abilities to fix. Which sucks because the game looks pretty damn amazing aside for the jerk fest framerate.
I think AC Unity looks and performs much better. All hail Ubisoft?

So, what's the verdict on Atelier and Nights?

♪Memory Leak, Memory Leak... Does whatever a memory leak does.♪

Tizoc

Yeah after seeing that, I got motivated and started up another K-T title...

I decided to go back and try Dragon Quest Heroes to and was able to push 4k and SMAA to the game.

May I suggest toning down the MSAA ;)
How did u inject MSAA, and what other alt. to MSAA are possible?

Ascheroth

So, fellow Atelier players: Any tips or good-to-know things to share?
Especially about sythesizing. I'm still a little overwhlemed (my last GUST game was Mana Khemia :p)

But man, the game is so relaxing.
Just living everyday life doing alchemy things and getting to know your friends and other side characters better.

Momentary

Banned
May I suggest toning down the MSAA ;)
How did u inject MSAA, and what other alt. to MSAA are possible?

It's SMAA through ReShade. I can't think of any other form of AA for the game since I don't think FXAA works through NVCP.

I wish I could use MSAA. It would look better. SMAA through ReShade isn't very taxing.

I don't know if it's a memory leak or what that's causing a gradual degradation in performance. It doesn't matter if I'm running the game at 4K or 720p the frame rate just goes down.

Arthea

So, fellow Atelier players: Any tips or good-to-know things to share?
Especially about sythesizing. I'm still a little overwhlemed (my last GUST game was Mana Khemia :p)

But man, the game is so relaxing.
Just living everyday life doing alchemy things and getting to know your friends and other side characters better.

The night is dark and full of terrors

This game borrows from Mana Khemia a bit, so you should be fine
relaxing? you are doing it wrong! Don't say later on that I didn't warn you.

So, what's the verdict on Atelier and Nights?

Sophie is great, dunno about Azure, I'm too busy playing Sophie.

Deques

7iUI0re.png

Why?

http://ideafintl.com/updates/2017/02#entry-4521
Fairy Fencer F™: Advent Dark Force simultaneously releases in Asia and the West with English, Japanese, and Chinese subtitles this Valentine's Day, February 14, and it's got quite the sweet Valentine's Day Deluxe Pack gift for you!

For more information about the game, visit the store page here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/524580/

No Valentine's Day date to save the world is complete without a Deluxe Pack and it's available in all regions!

Deluxe Pack (accessible with game purchase) – $5.99
- Character Collection Art Book
- Concept Art Collection Art Book
- 6 Mobile Wallpapers
- 5 PC Wallpapers

On top of the 25% launch discount, you can get the Deluxe Bundle (game + Deluxe Pack) for an additional 10% off both the game and Deluxe Pack!

Lanrutcon

Oh, hey. Got Diablo 3 season to complete, should probably resub to WoW for the new patch, oh hey 3 new steam JRPGs to play, gotta finish Underrail at some point...

...shit. Just spent my entire evening on Skyrim again.

Tenrius

So, how is Mobius Final Fantasy on Steam? I remember trying it out on mobile and not thinking much. Admittedly, I don't really play mobile games despite working in the industry.

Arthea

So, how is Mobius Final Fantasy on Steam? I remember trying it out on mobile and not thinking much. Admittedly, I don't really play mobile games despite working in the industry.

what is it actually about? I mean if it's just like Heroes of Light, only episodic, why is it f2p? This game confuses me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Project CARS -- MB-49C2EEF578B221A6 - Taken by Deques
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition -- MB-8E92B865CFCC1199 - Taken by Zeeman
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition -- MB-F282B8024DF2A712 - Taken by Card Boy

Kotor 1&2 from Star Wars Humble Bundle 3

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (boybrushdRED, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:

- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-C7BC5F90C304D29B - Taken by Smeagol. 4 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-51ED8BE66B87AC33 - Taken by bloke. 5 entrants total.

t1486559892z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom