• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Azure has no quit option, I have to Alt F4 everytime, unless I missed something. Thats the most strange omission.

Anyway ive played about 4 hours, im starting to wrap my head around all the systems, Which there are a lot of, the musou comparisons were greatly exagerated. Im understanding this daytime activity shit better now, so im trying to grind out some nigh hunts to level my summons and do some quests while I do the daytime acitivities to get enough skill points for the stuff I need. Its kinda neat.

Except the part that if you dont like how it plays, then having to grind out the same levels wont appeal to you which is understandable. But I do so im into it.

The game's loop actually reminds me more of something like diablo, where you go into specific levels to get loot or xp or level your summons.

Just found out that your leader summon affects your demon form transformation, I turned into some sort of healing fairty instead of the succubus for a boss and was like "err thats not what I wanted" lol. I also have the ability to have multiple summon decks now, and to change my weapon into daggers which is cool. Like I said, the game has more systems than I expected. I like getting new things to make new monsters, makes me want to imediatly go check out what it does.

Arthea

Azure has no quit option, I have to Alt F4 everytime, unless I missed something. Thats the most strange omission.

Anyway ive played about 4 hours, im starting to wrap my head around all the systems, Which there are a lot of, the musou comparisons were greatly exagerated. Im understanding this daytime activity shit better now, so im trying to grind out some nigh hunts to level my summons and do some quests while I do the daytime acitivities to get enough skill points for the stuff I need. Its kinda neat.

Except the part that if you dont like how it plays, then having to grind out the same levels wont appeal to you which is understandable. But I do so im into it.

The game's loop actually reminds me more of something like diablo, where you go into specific levels to get loot or xp or level your summons.

Just found out that your leader summon affects your demon form transformation, I turned into some sort of healing fairty instead of the succubus for a boss and was like "err thats not what I wanted" lol. I also have the ability to have multiple summon decks now, and to change my weapon into daggers which is cool. Like I said, the game has more systems than I expected. I like getting new things to make new monsters, makes me want to imediatly go check out what it does.

that sounds more or less what I expected and I probably will enjoy it, but it has to wait until I finish with Sophie, what's not gonna happen any time soon.

the bland sceneries and simple gameplay from the musou comparisons stands btw, im not disputing that. Keep that in mind. Also, like I said before, im a big pet / minion / summon fanboy in all games, so a big part of my enjoyment of the gameplay is rolling around with my monster army, which does half the work for me.

If you dont like that sort of gameplay in rpgs or mmos or whatever, you wont like it here.

of course I like it, what's not to like?
I have thousands hours in Forge of Gods exactly for this reason

The fan service is also ridiculous but im sure that part shocks noone.

The main character is basically naked when she goes to the "level up room" and the excuse for it is Quiet levels of absurd :3

what I wish is for devs to tone down on fanservice a lot, it's really getting out of hand and can ruin pretty good series for good,
I'm looking at you, Ar Tonelico Qoga!

Also I can't believe it sells enough to justify this blatant policy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the bland sceneries and simple gameplay from the musou comparisons stands btw, im not disputing that. Keep that in mind. Also, like I said before, im a big pet / minion / summon fanboy in all games, so a big part of my enjoyment of the gameplay is rolling around with my monster army, which does half the work for me.

If you dont like that sort of gameplay in rpgs or mmos or whatever, you wont like it here.

The fan service is also ridiculous but im sure that part shocks noone.

The main character is basically naked when she goes to the "level up room" and the excuse for it is Quiet levels of absurd :3

edit: there's also a big yuri vibe going on but Im sure they wont pull the trigger on it and it will just end up being the usual anime-style tease and nothing else.

Ascheroth

The night is dark and full of terrors

This game borrows from Mana Khemia a bit, so you should be fine
relaxing? you are doing it wrong! Don't say later on that I didn't warn you.

I thought this game had no time limit.
And I still try to be somewhat efficient!

Also: I've noticed that Bombs are your friend.

In unrelated news, Tales of Berseria is still selling and has now 55k ownser on SteamSpy, and both the Gust Bundle and Atelier Sophie show up on the global Top Sellers, with Nights of Azure a little further below.

I refunded Atelier. I just found the mouse/keyboard controls to be awful, and the only working controller I have at the moment is my Steam controller... which I kinda hate using.

Tizoc

I refunded Atelier. I just found the mouse/keyboard controls to be awful, and the only working controller I have at the moment is my Steam controller... which I kinda hate using.
Get a ps4 controller or x1 controller
Ive had a ds4 since i got my laptop way back in 2014 and never looked back

Thanks for the impressions, it's a game I want to check out eventually.

Rhaknar

Lol. Thats all I'll say.

have you played it? im stuck in a night hunt to trigger daily activities to level up my skills loop right now, im not advancing the game at all, thats fine right? Like theres no hidden timer or anything?

I'm using a DS3 (don't have a PS4)....is the DS4 that much of a step up?

The battery life is trash tier if you're using it wirelessly. The build feels flimsier. The weight of it is either a plus or minus depending on if you like less heavy controllers.

It fits in my hands well but I like to cram the corners into my palms when I use a controller, rather than have a controller that "rests" in my hands. Holdover from growing up in the NES days.

Arthea

I thought this game had no time limit.
And I still try to be somewhat efficient!

Also: I've noticed that Bombs are your friend.

bombs are always girl's best friends, not diamonds as people say

I think it's the most stressful Atelier game so far, not only you have to worry about usual stuff like flow of time, and being in the right place at the right time, and usual hp/mp and a basket being full, now you have to worry about stamina too and being overrun by monsters, especially at the night time, as they respawn way to fast, almost immediately, and get more aggressive with time and number of visits, no peaceful gathering in Sophie at all.
Maybe it will change later on with some adventuring equipment, at least I count on that.

Corpekata

Banned
The whole Yuri thing is pretty much the only notable factor of the game (outside of the music) and seems responsible for like 75 percent of the game's fans. Though it is still pretty weak/tame for a game where you play a big tittied demon slayer that sheds her clothes to level up.

PaulSane

Spent 30 minutes upgrading a cauldron, managed to create a bigger one with the ability to rotate ingredients (this was the hard part).

1549ebd290.jpg

And now i realise how big of a mistake that was - i already have 700 materials in my stash, and have been spending a lot of time trying to craft best items, and i've just dramatically increased the number of possible ingredient combinations in recipes:

I have a feeling this game will take a lot of time for me to complete, especially since i've finally got a hang of this crafting system.

Arthea

Spent 30 minutes upgrading a cauldron, managed to create a bigger one with the ability to rotate ingredients (this was the hard part).

And now i realise how big of a mistake that was - i already have 700 materials in my stash, and have been spending a lot of time trying to craft best items, and i've just dramatically increased the number of possible ingredient combinations in recipes:

I have a feeling this game will take a lot of time for me to complete, especially since i've finally got a hang of this crafting system.

I have no right materials for this cauldron, I stopped there yesterday after trying all I had and not managing to get results you got.

If you are into alchemy and wanna explore it fully, every Atelier game is a very long game, that's how I play them and like them.

Dinjoralo

Is this a try it and you'll never go back thing? How often does the opportunity for fully custom control options make a difference?

For me, it kind of is. It's not just rebinding the controls, but outputting them in a way most games can detect. And yeah, there's programs that can do that already, but this is in something you already use.

Ascheroth

Now that I have a 4th party member and actually started using items in battle, Atelier just become a lot more fun - and I already had fun before that :p

There's something immensely satisfying about trying to craft the most effective items you can and then use them in combat to wreck havoc <3

I think it's the most stressful Atelier game so far, not only you have to worry about usual stuff like flow of time, and being in the right place at the right time, and usual hp/mp and a basket being full, now you have to worry about stamina too and being overrun by monsters, especially at the night time, as they respawn way to fast, almost immediately, and get more aggressive with time and number of visits, no peaceful gathering in Sophie at all.
Maybe it will change later on with some adventuring equipment, at least I count on that.

Ah okay, that's what you mean.
I haven't really thought much about that, I'm just going with the flow and it seems to work out well enough.

Durante

I don't find it stressful at all, since I know there's no meaningful time limit on anything.

I need to start it but you already made me feel anxious lol

Arthea

I don't find it stressful at all, since I know there's no meaningful time limit on anything.

lemme double and triple check this, people keep saying that but it makes no sense, you mean no events are tied to time in any way? By events I mean story and character events, and you can't miss anything?

because if that's the case, it has to be the first time

Jadax

I know it's a bit late, but does anyone else play Gwent - I just checked my email and apparently my Gwent invite has been in the spam folder for about 32 days now. Any recommendations from gaffers?

Just downloading it via GOG.

lemme double and triple check this, people keep saying that but it makes no sense, you mean no events are tied to time in any way? By events I mean story and character events, and you can't miss anything?

because if that's the case, it has to be the first time

Correct, with two exceptions related to trophies in the original game. There's an item that you should synthesize before the final boss (it'll be a request), and
Monika has one missable event
. Other than that, I don't believe there are time limits on anything. In fact, this is the first Atelier in recent memory where the game continues after the end of the story, which made picking up the platinum in the PS4 version very nice. FWIW, the two trophies I mentioned above were easy to get and involved no additional planning on my part, but I tend to try and do everything in Atelier games anyways. Basically, just do what people ask you to do and you'll be fine.

So lovely to see new people playing Atelier games. Enjoy Sophie!

Lain

Eldirtch Hunter is fun but it kicks my ass left and right too.
I love the art in this, especially the little cut(e)scenes. I tried to grab shots to post in the activity feed, but every time I hit F12, a chrome thing popped up instead of a photo beign taken... weird as fuck.

Arthea

Correct, with two exceptions related to trophies in the original game. There's an item that you should synthesize before the final boss (it'll be a request), and
. Other than that, I don't believe there are time limits on anything. In fact, this is the first Atelier in recent memory where the game continues after the end of the story, which made picking up the platinum in the PS4 version very nice. FWIW, the two trophies I mentioned above were easy to get and involved no additional planning on my part, but I tend to try and do everything in Atelier games anyways. Basically, just do what people ask you to do and you'll be fine.

So lovely to see new people playing Atelier games. Enjoy Sophie!
I didn't expect this ever to be the case
Well, it's definitely not most stressful Atelier game then, nope

Nzyme32

Just rediscovered Cogs on Steam after almost a decade. Still love it. Are there any other similar games to Cogs that are not just simple 2d slide puzzles?

Cth

I wish there were more card games that aren't trash. The time between Hex's PVE updates is too long.

TCG or strategic card/hybrid games like Hands of Fate and that sort of thing?

I'd like to see more of the later, there's too many TCG games out there at the moment.

Some I'd recommend:
Reigns
Talisman
Boss Monster
Armello

We dun goofed on that one. It should've been 54.99 BRL on Steam.

It's already been adjusted:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/357190/?cc=br

If you've already pre-ordered, simply cancel and re-buy.

Sorry about the confusion!

Hey wbacon, sorry to hijack this but PLEASE ask around about the pricing of Capcom games in Colombia. Why do we have to pay 45% more for your games compared to the rest of the world? do you realise that we are a third world country and the current price of RE7 is 1/3 of the minimum wage here?

I want to support you guys (and many of my friends too), but those prices are ridiculous. We should be paying something similar to our Brazilian brothers.

gyfm8VY.png

Just finished Icey
with the "true end"
Really liked it. The gameplay was fun, the story was cryptic, but still understandable and the Voice actings of the narrator was great.

Cant wait for its sequel.

Just a heads-up for people who want to get the true ending:

At the beginning, when the narrator tells you to wake up, just do nothing. You need to do that, because you cant get back to that point after the tutorial area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom