• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Sloegr

claviertekky said:
Anyone feeling generous to gift me STALKER?

Please.

Sure! I was a grouch this morning, but blehh's contest has turned that around lol. Send me your info and it'll be on the way.

Bah, beaten. First person to quote my post will get Defense Grid. That's a game I always like to see more people try :D

ElJuice said:
Sure! I was a grouch this morning, but blehh's contest has turned that around lol. Send me your info and it'll be on the way.

Bah, beaten. First person to quote my post will get Defense Grid. That's a game I always like to see more people try :D
Hello. :lol

blehh said:
3 guest passes to shattered horizon i'll never use either. quote with info!

also, still generous. but i'll be back in a couple of hours with more contests, if that's cool with everybody.

Any guest passes left pal?

Steam id: _Quicksilva_

Jirotrom

since everyone is being so generous... Ben there Dan that...? just sayin

Actually I have a copy of Half life 2 and Episode 1 to trade out? shadowgrounds pack :D

gta4 is a beast to download, looks like i'm leaving my pc on overnight tonight. best back-up the data to my external too because I don't want to download 14gig again any time soon.

Any indie game recommendations? I think I have a lot of the decent ones below $5 but any of these $7.50-10 worth it? Aaaaa, aquaria, gratuitous space battles, eufloria?

Firehead

Ninja Face said:
Any indie game recommendations? I think I have a lot of the decent ones below $5 but any of these $7.50-10 worth it? Aaaaa, aquaria, gratuitous space battles, eufloria?
Yes, Aquaria is great, as well as Osmos, World of Goo, Machinarium and Trine.

First person to PM me with their e-mail address or steam ID gets my second Killing Floor Guest Pass.

Also, if anyone has an extra Shattered Horizon guest pass... I'm looking. Thanks!

NIN90

Ninja Face said:

Osmos

biocat

DoctorWho said:
First person to PM me with their e-mail address or steam ID gets my second Killing Floor Guest Pass.

Also, if anyone has an extra Shattered Horizon guest pass... I'm looking. Thanks!

I can send you one. PM with your ID, please!

Jirotrom

So I have a copy of Half life 2 and episode 1, and Episode 1... anyone that doesnt have these willing to trade? I really just want the shadowgrounds pack... shoot me a pm :D oh and ben there dan that or that other cool adventure game the the machinarium guys made.

Firehead

Stitch said:
huh!? GTA stopped downloading because i played torchlight... strange
Sometimes Steam'll pause the downloading when you're in a game; sometimes it'll just keep 'em running and they'll cause you to lag in online games.
Just alt+tab and resume the download while you're playing Torchlight.

Stitch said:
huh!? GTA stopped downloading because i played torchlight... strange

I've noticed games stop downloading once you start another game. Even if it is not an online game. Very frustrating.

Stitch

Gold Member
it's downloading really fast now so everything's alright. maybe i can actually play it in a few hours... =)

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Is there much of a difference between the console version and PC version of Bioshock?

I don't expect a response cause I know most of you probably already have it but I have a gift copy Half-Life 2 and I'd like to trade someone for Bioshock (onsale now for $5).

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
DoctorWho said:
I've noticed games stop downloading once you start another game. Even if it is not an online game. Very frustrating.

You can fix this by alt-tabbing out, pausing and then resuming the download.

Far from ideal but it works.

graywolf323

anyone play any of the Nancy Drew games? (I realize how odd of a question this is) I love adventure games and it seems that some of the Nancy Drew games are really good so that $50 complete pack is rather tempting

Struct09

NinjaFridge said:
Is there much of a difference between the console version and PC version of Bioshock?

I've played through both, and the differences are what you would expect. It controls better with keyboard + mouse, and looks better in high res + 60 fps. The PC version is superior, but I was also surprised and happy with how it played on the 360.

My full final haul:

Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Crysis Wars
Street Fighter IV
Max Payne
Resident Evil 5
Indigo Prophecy
Splintercell: Chaos Theory
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
The Dig
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Loom
Killing Floor
Trine
Half-Life: Source
Zeno Clash

I'll see about GTA IV next time. Yes it's 7.50 but I've already spent enough money this year. It would be totally fun to play though... Oh Steam. You tempt me more than a lover in heels...But no. NO. I can fight it.

zedge

How's the performance in gta4? Tempted at the price but if it's gonna run like shit then I don't want to bother.

AMD x2 4000
3 gb
9600 gt
vista

Stitch

Gold Member
MikeE21286 said:
i would recommend to combine this with float32 to get better performance
http://www.dfgrom.com/forums/news/1725-s-t-l-k-e-r-shadow-chernobyl-float32-2-0-2188-updated.html

install stalker, start it once!, install stalker complete, go to the stalker/gamedata folder and delete the shaders folder, install float32, enjoy the game :D

but float32 is optional. just see if the game runs fine with complete, if you think the performance could be a bit better then you could try float32.

Top Bottom