• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Hawk SE

noisome07 said:
Mid-day yesterday. I think it has achievements! haha

Yeah but isn't Fuel a bad game?! I saw it dropped to, and yeah, $5, but if it's not good...I don't want that tied to my Steam account forever.

So I'm thinking about one more buy possibly.

Either Ghostbusters or the Unreal pack. I have the first release of UT2k4 on the PC and UT3 on the PS3 but I'd like Steam versions. I may end up doing nothing but we'll see in a few hours time.

Edit: Actually, is there a community still playing 3? Or are most still playing UT2k4? I like 2k4 the most and it's what I've spent the most time in Unreal wise but I'd like to play some 3 now and then again.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I suppose you cannot go wrong with Fuel for £2.99. :lol

Last game I am buying in this damn sale I swear!

VGChampion said:
So I'm thinking about one more buy possibly.

Either Ghostbusters or the Unreal pack. I have the first release of UT2k4 on the PC and UT3 on the PS3 but I'd like Steam versions. I may end up doing nothing but we'll see in a few hours time.
I'd say get the Unreal pack. Ghostbusters was quite a letdown in my opinion. I guess it depends on the price and your love for the movies, but it has some major flaws, both in the gameplay and presentation.

JDSN

Banned
Holy living fuck! I have one hours and 39 minutes left to find me credit card or no Torchlight for me. :lol

RedSwirl

Are the EA-published games downloading off of EA's severs instead of Valve's? I noticed that I had a lot less trouble installing Dragon Age than some other games like The Witcher.

Hawk SE

Even at $4.99, I can't justify getting Killing Floor. I just don't know anyone to play it with. I tried the Free Weekend and did enjoy the combat. Has a Left 4 Dead / Zombie Nazis mode from World at War vibe going for it.

graywolf323

Hawk xSx said:
Yeah but isn't Fuel a bad game?! I saw it dropped to, and yeah, $5, but if it's not good...I don't want that tied to my Steam account forever.

yea I still feel a tinge of regret when I see crap like Raven Squad and Painkiller: Resurrection on my games list

though most of my crap games come from packs

cramcakes

I ended up with:

Mass Effect
Half-Life 1: Source
Crysis Complete (NA)
Max Payne Bundle
Osmos
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Lumines Base + Advance Pack
Audiosurf
Torchlight
World of Goo
Trine
Braid

$66.35

For the price of a single PS360 game at retail. Incredible. Thank you Steam.

Zzoram

I'm considering Tropico 3 or Dawn of Discovery before the deals end at noon. Which one is more fun?

Actually, I read in the Steam forums that Dawn of Discovery is getting an expansion pack with multiplayer, so I could just wait for the gold edition. Also, supposedly Tages 3-machine activation limit was removed in a patch, but Steam hasn't updated the game information page to reflect that yet.

Hawk SE

Zzoram said:
I'm considering Tropico 3 or Dawn of Discovery before the deals end at noon. Which one is more fun?

Ooh Dawn of Discovery is half-price, but not low enough. I know it's probably awesome, but it's not my usual type of game...

Zzoram

How bad does X-COM's interface hold up? Pirates! was a great game but I can't play it anymore due to the bad controls while sailing.

Also, how is Majesty 2?

Minsc

Gold Member
Raxus said:
How do you take the head bobbing off STALKER. It is really distracting.

Did you install the Complete mod? It reduces/removes it and improves many other things.

Volcynika

ONE HOUR REMAINS until the official end of the sale, when all those prices will start going back up!

Get those final impulse buys in pronto.

Slavik81

Zzoram said:
How bad does X-COM's interface hold up? Pirates! was a great game but I can't play it anymore due to the bad controls while sailing.
If you spend the time to learn what everything does it's ok. I'd say the biggest problem is the low resolution means the bazillion icons don't get accompanying text. That makes finding what you're trying to do quite slow at first.

Dunlop

gregor7777 said:
Aaaannd Killing Floor bought. I think that may be my last sale purchase. :( Kind of sad to see the sale coming to an end. :lol

so many people talking about this game, I kind of regret not getting it now.

damn you work firewall!

Fuck! I just bought STALKER at the last minute even though I already own the box version. I was too lazy to walk 5 feet, grab it off the shelf, and install it myself. :lol

Struct09

I'm satisfied with my haul this year, the only one I'm still on the fence with is Machinarium.

I have a lot of games to play through, and in terms of adventure games I got the Telltale Everything pack. Any reason why should I not wait for Machinarium to possibly hit $5 some weekend?

Struct09 said:
I'm satisfied with my haul this year, the only one I'm still on the fence with is Machinarium.

I have a lot of games to play through, and in terms of adventure games I got the Telltale Everything pack. Any reason why should I not wait for Machinarium to possibly hit $5 some weekend?
Its already a fuck awesome deal at $10, thats why.

Top Bottom