• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

tjohn86

Bit on Aquaria, Machinarium, Indigo Prophecy, Rome Total War Gold and Samorost...

Brings the total damage this sale to ~$125

Not bad.

mrgone

I'm thinking about picking up the X3 for my dad, who loves these kind of games, but I'm wondering whether to go with the Gold pack or just Terran Conflict. Is there much in Reunion that hasn't been superceded by Terran Conflict? Mods or such that only work with Reunion?

Also, will X3 have my dad contemplating the method of my demise? :)

Damn, bought Killing Floor.

Which Ill be playing alone thanks to shitty campus internet! But hey, who knows, maybe Ill live in a real house some day.

graywolf323 said:
any opinions about the Europa Universalis games?

I seriously think we need a Steam Addicts support group after this sale...
Seriously . . . we are crawling around the list of games looking for a few more games to buy on sale like some crack addict crawling one the ground looking for crystals of crack in the shag carpet that we know we dropped.

Javaman

Zzoram said:
How bad does X-COM's interface hold up? Pirates! was a great game but I can't play it anymore due to the bad controls while sailing.

Also, how is Majesty 2?
I enjoy it quite a bit. It's a bit like the city building parts of Actraiser 1, where you influence people but can't directly control them while using them to seal monster portals. I also picked up Majesty 1 gold which seems to have more playability (random generated areas?) but the interface is extremely clunky.

Smash88 said:
Come on Valve, do something crazy when it hits 12pm!

Yeah, lets have a real encore! It's going to suck going back to one or two game deals a week.

speculawyer said:
Seriously . . . we are crawling around the list of games looking for a few more games to buy on sale like some crack addict crawling one the ground looking for crystals of crack in the shag carpet that we know we dropped.

I blame Volcynica. Steam might be the supplier, but he's the guy on the corner with the heavy coat and shifty eyes.

Zalasta

I'm just glad that I got to pick up the one game (Torchlight) I've been waiting for since Steam started its sale in November. I even got a second chance at it since I was out of the country when it first got discounted.

only Mass Effect and Torchlight for me, even though I'll probably never play either of them for more than 15 minutes. sigh to my growing backlog. so much for new years resolutions to shrink it.

Woke up to a nice little surprise-

bestgirlfriendever.jpg

Best girlfriend ever :D

Dragmire

It was an awesome sale for me with a lot of games I wanted going on sale, like Torchlight, Defense Grid, GTAIV and Mass Effect, but I totally expected and planned to buy some kind of Fallout 3 deal. I've played through the game on 360 but sold it and wanted it again on PC where I can mod it and stuff. Ah well, someday.

Firebrand

dejan said:
Tales of Monkey Island for $24,84 ... yay or nay?

If you got the first episode they gave out for free on telltalegames.com a while back, you qualify for a season upgrade and can get the rest of the season at $26 with 25% holiday discount = $19.50.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I would have got Indigo prophecy but since i only had like 5 bucks it went over budget since i also wanted rome: total war, why couldn't you be $2.50! Anyway i'll always have the awesome let's play to make me smile.

schick85

Need help with a Penumbra Collector Pack purchase. Got 13 minutes left. Have paypal account ready and loaded.

edit: Steam won't accept my CC or paypal.

dejan

Costanza said:
$25 more gets you everything Telltale has ever made
Oh I know about that, but I already own both seasons of Sam & Max and I'm not a fan of Wallace & Gromit. I guess I'll pass for now and wait for another Monkey Island deal.

atomsk

Party Pooper
i managed to resist buying anything else after grabbing the Telltale Pack. i started this sale with 4 games... now i have 42 :lol

Top Bottom