• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Fireblend

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
we_get_it.png

O: O: O;

sorry i had to
That comic is so fucking appropiate for me right now it's creepy.

:lol

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Still some games at the sale price. Braid £1.74 and Ghostbusters is £5.09

Managed to get Far Cry 2 into my cart just before Steam broke at the end of the sale. Debating wether to pull the trigger on it....

Edit: Went back to full price, oh well probably for the best :lol

sk3tch said:
Hard to believe MW2 never went on sale. Aw well.

Not really it's one of the newest games on there and judging by the fact it was still in the top 5 most of the sale people were buying it at full price.

Volcynika

sk3tch said:
Hard to believe MW2 never went on sale. Aw well.

Hard to believe? It's Activision. Hell, the first game didn't go on sale!

And people, it's not like Valve hits a switch to turn everything back to original prices at once :lol

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
NinjaFridge said:
Bioshock is till £3.49
Alot of the deals are still the same. I'm not sure whether this is just a delay or if only the daily deals have died and everything else will stay for the rest of the day.

grandjedi6 said:
Alot of the deals are still the same. I'm not sure whether this is just a delay or if only the daily deals have died and everything else will stay for the rest of the day.

Throughout the sale games have stayed at sale prices for around 2 hours after their countdown ended.

So did anyone getting one of the gaming packs available wind up getting more games from that publisher than what was listed in the pack?

I bought that Iwin pack and winded up getting an additional 3 games that weren't listed in the pack.

Smash88

Banned
Sooooo, what do we do? Are we supposed to play now? I feel so used and abused. Like someone left me on the side of the road. :lol

graywolf323

I'm scared to post my total haul :-S

Obsolete Observation said:
So did anyone getting one of the gaming packs available wind up getting more games from that publisher than what was listed in the pack?

I bought that Iwin pack and winded up getting an additional 3 games that weren't listed in the pack.

I almost bought that pack just for Risk... kinda wish I had but I was literally running out of money ^_^;;

JDSN

Banned
4ggahe.png

Its amazing how people have just started giving away and asking nothing in return in the last few pages, nothing like this to bring the gaming side of Gaf together.Ill be sure to do my part next sale.

So frustrating!! I bought so many great games but the one i wanted to play most was left4dead2! I joined in on one of the 4 packs with JAK. Everything seemed fine, he sent me it as a gift, it showed up in my games list. But when I would try click the gift activation button nothing would happen??? Then I tried the email activation, and it just takes me to the steam gift page and nothing happens. So I decided to restart my computer to see if that fixed it and now the game just doesnt even show up in my games list. Jak is trying to figure out whats going on also.

Are they pretty bad about getting back to people with questions on their technical support. I guess its only been a day and a half. But hopefully its a easy fix and they get back to me.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
I only bought Torchlight for $5 and damn I hope I soon have time to play it. I would have bought more games but I just don't have the time to play any of them. Steam is pretty damn awesome.

Pelydr said:
I only bought Torchlight for $5 and damn I hope I soon I time to play it. I would have bought more games but I just don't have the time to play any of them. Steam is pretty damn awesome.

Ugh, my shitty computer can't even PLAY Torchlight. I SO wish I could. . I even installed a barebones version of XP in attempt. . just to be met with failure. I want to play it so bad..

I'm going to have to come up wth the money for a new PC soon. Agrhahfsdjf.

Chakan

Kureishima said:
Ugh, my shitty computer can't even PLAY Torchlight. I SO wish I could. . I even installed a barebones version of XP in attempt. . just to be met with failure. I want to play it so bad..

Try running with the netbook box checked under the config. settings of the game. Makes the game incredibly smooth for older pcs.

Chakan said:
Try running with the netbook box checked under the config. settings of the game. Makes the game incredibly smooth for older pcs.

Trust me, after a fresh format with TinyXP and NetBook mode on teh absolute lowest setting with teh minimum amount of programs running in the background - . . . I still can't play Torchlight. :-(

Actually, it runs, but if there are more than 2 enemies one screen at once my framerate drops to basically nothing. Or if any effects start showing up.

It's truly sad.

RJT

Kureishima said:

Netbook mode. That has to work everywhere...

Minsc

Gold Member
I'm curious how much money was transferred over Steam in this sale, it has to be a pretty healthy chunk, too bad we'll never find out.

Chakan

Kureishima said:
Trust me, after a fresh format with TinyXP and NetBook mode on teh absolute lowest setting with teh minimum amount of programs running in the background - . . . I still can't play Torchlight. :-(

Actually, it runs, but if there are more than 2 enemies one screen at once my framerate drops to basically nothing. Or if any effects start showing up.

It's truly sad.

Your PC must be incredibly old then. Like 10 years old or more.

It's funny because after last year's sale I decided to put aside some cash during the year preparing for this sale. I was ready to drop a good amount first day and be done. Then they decided to pull this daily deal business on us and I've spent the past week obsessed with refreshing this thread and the Steam home page. Valve robbed me of my holiday. :lol

Finally checking out some of these games, Outrun 2006 is incredible. On my medium grade laptop (Core 2, GT130M) I'm running 1920x1080 smoothly and playing with a 360 controller. While some of the menu assets and graphics are still low-res, it's looks awesome overall and a huge improvement over my Xbox versions of OR2 and 2006.

Top Bottom