• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Salacious Crumb

Stallion Free said:
The optional character models are especially offensive.

Ahhhh come on, they cant be that ba......

cm_10_28.jpg

........:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Is it possible to have 2 items in your cart, one is for yourself and the other is a gift? I don't want to end up accidentally buying 2 items for someone else :lol

noisome07

Banned
evlcookie said:
Is it possible to have 2 items in your cart, one is for yourself and the other is a gift? I don't want to end up accidentally buying 2 items for someone else :lol

Should probably just buy them separately just to be safe.

Delerat

Neo Member
evlcookie said:
You can't unfortunately. You'll have to check them out as seperate carts.

Krackatoa

Guh. I just got Burnout Paradise.

What a terrible pile of crap that game is.

None of the charm of it's predecessors. I don't think you can even crash more than two cars together at once. The lack of an ambiguous dollar value attached to virtual collateral damage is also sadly missing, along with any kind of gameplay actually relating to wanton destruction. It's all racing and a terribly easy "Ram Your Opponent Lightly Against the Wall To Make Them Explode".

What happened to the sprawling destruction? This is a shiny Midnight Club knockoff dressed up with crumple physics.

I got this game with the impression that I could throw myself off a giant ramp into a bus with the intent to obtain a gold medal for crimes against humanity and $15,000,000.00 in collateral damage. I had thought the reviews of the game were favourable. I guess I should have paid more attention.

Steam better have something good on tomorrow that I can throw money at.

Krackatoa said:

None of the charm of it's predecessors. I don't think you can even crash more than two cars together at once. The lack of an ambiguous dollar value attached to virtual collateral damage is also sadly missing, along with any kind of gameplay actually relating to wanton destruction. It's all racing and a terribly easy "Ram Your Opponent Lightly Against the Wall To Make Them Explode".

What happened to the sprawling destruction? This is a shiny Midnight Club knockoff dressed up with crumple physics.

I got this game with the impression that I could throw myself off a giant ramp into a bus with the intent to obtain a gold medal for crimes against humanity and $15,000,000.00 in collateral damage. I had thought the reviews of the game were favourable. I guess I should have paid more attention.

There's a button that activates Showtime mode where you can destroy cars.

Lkr

Krackatoa said:

i felt like this when the demo came out, and never saw my self playing it. however, i loved it at a friends house and I enjoy having it now

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
+1 for not changing the HL2 textures.

you'd have to be out of your mind

Blablurn

damn, i want to buy indigo prophecy but it don't know if it runs on a netbook. and there is no demo :( did anyone try it? according to the specs it should run but you never know...

zoku88

I just playing the game. Man, the controls are kinda awkward. Especially the default QTE stuff, since I'm playing on a laptop (Ie, no numpad.)

Jirotrom

azentium said:
The first half is, at the very least, worth $3.

Yes
the endings to that game are the most ridiculous i've ever seen in a game... i understand why it went this way but damn they could have at least made it not so friggen random

pilonv1

These server issues with downloading games are really starting to piss me off. I've only been able to get Mirrors Edge so far from the titles I've purchased. Outrun 2 is crawling along at 100k/s

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
azentium said:
David Cage owes me three dollars for every minute past the opening scene I spent playing that game.

I can't stand it.

the game should be avoided.

Dynoro

pilonv1 said:
These server issues with downloading games are really starting to piss me off. I've only been able to get Mirrors Edge so far from the titles I've purchased. Outrun 2 is crawling along at 100k/s
Location and time of the day seem to be having a big impact; I was getting 1.5M speeds on GTA4 yesterday afternoon but only 50-100K during the morning

Parham

Banned
Jirotrom said:
the endings to that game are the most ridiculous i've ever seen in a game... i understand why it went this way but damn they could have at least made it not so friggen random

Yeah,
the demonic twist comes completely out of left field. Not only that, but everything which occurs after the big reveal is handled poorly.

Rez said:
David Cage owes me three dollars for every minute past the opening scene I spent playing that game.

I can't stand it.

the game should be avoided.

:(

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
azentium said:

The first half is exactly the same as the second half. QTE, QTE, blah blah blah pretentious crap, QTE, QTE, QTE, Theory of a Deadman, QTE, QTE, QTE... ad nauseum.

I mean if you absolutely fucking *adore* QTE's, and I mean QTE's for every stupid shit thing you do in that game, then go hard.

vocab

Firestorm said:
How long is each Sam & Max episode?

Depends how much effort you put into to them. They are short, but if you get stuck on a puzzle it will be longer than expected. The mole the mob and the meatball was probably the shortest one I've played so far. I seriously beat it in one sitting after I did a bit of thinking to the first main puzzle in the game. It's worth it though. They get better, and harder. I just beat Episode 201 a day or two ago, and Telltale really stepped up the presentation.

It's a pity to hear a number of people are not enjoying Paradise City as much as I am. It's too easy so far but it's fun and a great game to tool around in. I wish EA hadn't dragged their feet when getting the game on to Steam; I would have loved to have played Burnout online at launch.

I also have two guest passes for Killing Floor if people are still undecided. I haven't tried it yet so no impressions from my side - damn you Steam sale!

Rez said:
no you don't
This man speaks the truth - what a pile of crap. I still remember all the praise it got back in the days :lol .

I was thinking that my gf might enjoy the Sam & Max games. I see there are some demos for the series on Telltales site. Which demo do you think might be the best to introduce someone to the series?

vazel

Banned
Aww dammit the sam and max talk got me excited that it went on sale. Weird how Wallace and Gromit went down to ten bucks but neither of the Sam & Max seasons did.

Ikopi

Anyone knows how big the Burnout Paradise file is? My download cap is getting dangerously close with all those games :(

kswiston said:
The Burnout Paradise talk here is confusing to someone who doesn't know the game already, so let me ask a straight question:

I was considering the Burnout Paradise bundle on PSN for $21. Now I see a Burnout Paradise bundle on Steam for a third that. Is the contents of the bundle exactly the same on both systems?

Ignore the potential for DLC on PS3 vs PC. I don't care about anything not in the bundle. Is there anything (besides DLC I most likely wouldn't buy anyhow) that I should consider before choosing the PC version over the PS3 version?

I have a decent PC (especially for gaming on my 720P TV set). Athlon X2 5600 with 8GB of RAM and a 1GB Radeon 4870. My processor is my weakest link, and I plan on upgrading that to a Phenom II X4 within a few months. Just waiting for the right price point.

The PC version will be the best version on your system, and cheaper. Get that.

Ignore the Big Surf Island talk, its DLC that cost twice as much as the full game does on Steam anyway.

Delerat

Neo Member
Rez said:
no you don't
I think it's an experience worth a few bucks. If you look at it more as an interactive movie or choose your own adventure it's much more enjoyable than going in with certain expectations. Also, play it at the same time as a few other friends and you'll have some neat discussions about how your different choices changed what happens. It was a neat idea for a game, but executed a bit poorly. Let's just see how Heavy Rain turns out.

Salacious Crumb

Krackatoa said:

If you push right on your 360 gamepad or whatever the equivalent is on your keyboard the fun part of the game will show itself.

Top Bottom