• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shambles

Can you work paypal? Ask if someone will gift it here, or try the equal distribution thread where people check up regularly to help =)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394003

Yeah, it won't even let me get to the point of being able to punch in my paypal details. I get the "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance." error. I don't know what the real error is but there is a chance that they have some sort of screwed up location detection. I work in a town on the edge of the city I live in so technically i'm not in the same city that I live in and normally make purchases in. It wouldn't surprise me if Steam implemented something that stupid. Oh well, they're loss. I'll try it a few more times before the DD expires but I don't see anything changing. Google isn't giving me any useful answer either.

Yeah, it won't even let me get to the point of being able to punch in my paypal details.
You mean Steam doesn't let you use paypal or the regular paypal site doesn't work? Because in that thread, someone else buys the game for you, gifts it to you and you paypal them the money. You don't go through steam at all. You only need to paypal someone the money. Obviously it depends on how comfortable you feel about doing that, but you can see in the thread that people have been doing it regularly.

Shambles

You mean Steam doesn't let you use paypal or the regular paypal site doesn't work? Because in that thread, someone else buys the game for you, gifts it to you and you paypal them the money. You don't go through steam at all. You only need to paypal someone the money. Obviously it depends on how comfortable you feel about doing that, but you can see in the thread that people have been doing it regularly.

Yeah, i can get into my own paypal fine. I appreciate people willing to help but I try to stay away from money swapping with strangers on the internet. I was going to get the game for the wife but I'm sure there will be more coming up in the next week that she'll like too. Plus she's still hooked into Skyrim so she's pretty occupied atm :p

kharma45

UK prices for today

Bfufk.png

Derrick01

Banned
I'll think about Payday but it's still hard to bite at $10.

I guess I'll get guardians of graxia for the achievement since it's really cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom