• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 3, still nothing for me.

Same here. It feels like the same games are always on sale. I either own most of these already or they suck.

Not sure if I should get AC. $25... hmm..
I'd just wait unless you have nothing else to play atm. I'm sure it'll be like 10 bucks sometime next year. It's not a multi-player game so you won't be missing out on a community or anything. I'm waiting.

Red

Getting a lot of 503 errors here.

Someone sell me on Grotesque Tactics and/or Swords and Soldiers and/or Neverwinter Nights 2.

If not, wallet is safe today. o_O
NWN2 is so worth it. I would advise you to stay away from Grotesque Tactics. I don't know if it's a matter of the game simply not "clicking" with me, but I've never had fun with it (and find it extremely obtuse). Swords and Soldiers is okay, in an Angry Birds casual way. It's not bad but it's not something that you'll remember in a year.

graywolf323

good enough, bought

they aren't all great but Nemesis is pretty good and Awakening is I mean they somehow managed to blend Sherlock Holmes with Cthulu and not screw it up

and I should have said remotely loves adventure games and Sherlock Holmes (I'm a huge fan of both)

Mrbob

Same here. It feels like the same games are always on sale. I either own most of these already or they suck.

You own Defense Grid or the You Monster Portal 2 themed DLC? Should buy them both if you don't, or get the DLC if you don't have it!

JAGII

Neo Member
Was already part of the steam group, but the achievement hasn't registered.
Got the one for Defense Grid.

Can anyone vouch for Swords and Soldiers HD? Any good?

Yeah, it is a solid tower defense game. Not quite on the level of Defense Grid, but it has a Pop-Cap style sense of humor.

But while I do own the PC version, I tend to play the iPhone version much more. Its pretty casual, so it makes more sense on that platform.

It's too bad Batman AA GOTY isn't 50%+ off with Ark City. I'd love to own both of these on steam.

DLC being included in the deal is boss for a game this new. I'm guessing this will be the best deal of the entire event.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
How's the Jurassic Park game, anyone who played it yet? Looked pretty bad from what I've seen on the GB quick look

Scythian

Do the Sherlock Holmes games suffer from Pixel Hunting? Is the whole pack worth it or if I could buy just one, which one would it be?

Derrick01

Banned
I wish I could choke every developer who makes one of these achievements an online one. I don't want to play swords and soldiers online. Just let me do something quick and easy alone.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is Neverwinter Nights 2 any good?

It's a solid RPG, but it has some wonky controls that take getting used to. Also, turning on shadows will cripple even extremely powerful modern computers.

Lothars

I wish I could choke every developer who makes one of these achievements an online one. I don't want to play swords and soldiers online. Just let me do something quick and easy alone.
Agreed, It actually pisses me off that it's an online achievement, I love playing online but not for contests like this.

Good thing about those online achievements is a lot of people jump on there to get them so it's easy to work together and get what you need. I did that a lot during the Summer sale for achievements.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'd just wait unless you have nothing else to play atm. I'm sure it'll be like 10 bucks sometime next year. It's not a multi-player game so you won't be missing out on a community or anything. I'm waiting.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do the same.

Ifvop.jpg

???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom