• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Bahahaha.

I would literally dunk my head in a pee soaked toilet if that happened anywhere close to this sale this year.

So I'm confident my head wont be in any pee water anytime soon.

oh, and I'd buy the SHIT out of that.

I'm going to demand pics when the pricing error happens.

MNC

Hey guys, I bought Witcher 1 yesterday but then later won Witcher 2. Should I keep both or trade away Witcher 1 and just play 2?

Just give witcher 2 to me and everything will be fine.

The Ship is basically Team Fortress 2 Spy - The Game.

ElRenoRaven

there's an indy developer making something very similar called SpyParty - also looks great, you should check that out too

I just might. So if this comes true and everyone who owns it gets a copy or two to gift I would certainly not mind if someone tossed a copy my way.

Mikeside

I just might. So if this comes true and everyone who owns it gets a copy or two to gift I would certainly not mind if someone tossed a copy my way.

Same, I'd love to grab a copy if it comes along - hopefully I'll have something cool to trade from the cheevos by then

Mikeside

Bahahaha.

I would literally dunk my head in a pee soaked toilet if that happened anywhere close to this sale this year.

So I'm confident my head wont be in any pee water anytime soon.

oh, and I'd buy the SHIT out of that.

I know you're reading this post, Gabe - you know what to do.

Better be some nice deals today, the prices so far have been lulz. Witcher 2 for the same price as the Fall sale lololololol. I take solace in the fact I wasn't shamed for buying it then.

ElRenoRaven

Because, sadly, no one plays it anymore. Hell, the servers were pretty empty even at launch...a shame.

Wow. That's sad to hear. It really sounds interesting. Hell I'd never heard of it so odds are nobody else knows about it either. That's probably why.

Even with all these sales, Skyrim is still dominating. Crazy numbers from Skyrim or lackluster sale sales?

Well, reportedly, the charts take into account total revenue. So with that in mind, there are at least six Half-Life collections being sold for every copy of Skyrim.

But still, Skyrim is just a beast. It's been near the top of the list since release and it's sticking there in the face of SALEPOCALYPSE 2011, so it'd be silly to put it on sale for anything but a pittance less than full price. They haven't nearly extracted the full value of the thing at the $60 price point, yet.

inky

Even with all these sales, Skyrim is still dominating. Crazy numbers from Skyrim or lackluster sale sales?

They never release numbers, so who knows? My guess is that top spot gets ~5k-10k copies sold per day during sales. Maybe I'm way off. (also, list is generated by revenue, not units, so it still being $60 helps a lot).

Well, reportedly, the charts take into account total revenue. So with that in mind, there are at least six Half-Life collections being sold for every copy of Skyrim.
(also, list is generated by revenue, not units, so it still being $60 helps a lot).
Aha, interesting. And yes, there's really no need for a sale right now on the game. If Steam has Easter sales, they could rock that one with a 33 - 50% I guess.

Shambles

Ended up downloading and installing the steam client on my work machine. It still isn't letting me process a transaction. Well, i tried to buy psychonauts, you can't blame me.

Derrick01

Banned

Crazy numbers from Skyrim. The game shattered Steam records like most concurrent users playing and fastest selling steam game and it's still going apparently. It's an unstoppable force.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. That's sad to hear. It really sounds interesting. Hell I'd never heard of it so odds are nobody else knows about it either. That's probably why.

It's partly that but also partly because it's much slower paced than many multiplayer games. It requires strategy and patience instead of being an orgy of violence like most games. My fiancee enjoyed it but she was forced to play aginst bots because nobody else played.

TimmiT

I was looking at my wish list and saw Alice at 50% off. Maybe it was like this since the start of the sale though.

Most of EA's games are 50% off, it's just part of the sale.

I wonder if any of Capcom's games will be a daily deal, considering the deals for their games actually aren't bad at the moment.

Am I right in thinking that there are a limited amounts of achievement gifts and that the faster I get an achievement, the higher the chance is that I get a gift instead of a coal?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Am I right in thinking that there are a limited amounts of achievement gifts and that the faster I get an achievement, the higher the chance is that I get a gift instead of a coal?

I guess not. I suppose its completely random from the list of items possible with a 50% chance of coal or something.

1-D_FTW

I was tempted by DNF, but watching that video review on Gametrailers was pretty awful. I'm not even sure I made it all the way through the review.

Doubt it. In fact, I got coal for the achievements I got faster. Still anecdotal, but there you go. The official rules state a 1:3 split on prizes to coal. Prizes include shitty coupons, though and there's no indication on coupons:games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom