• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

Hey guys, I bought Witcher 1 yesterday but then later won Witcher 2. Should I keep both or trade away Witcher 1 and just play 2?

Chesskid1

Banned
Hey guys, I bought Witcher 1 yesterday but then later won Witcher 2. Should I keep both or trade away Witcher 1 and just play 2?

witcher 1 is still a fantastic game, plus in witcher 2 you can import your save from witcher 1.

it's getting pretty dated but it still looks pretty great imo, well worth playing.

i guess if you are SUPER graphics whore and want to see the amazingness of witcher 2 asap, you can skip 1, but i wouldn't.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
So really. How is Duke Nukem Forever. Is it really that bad?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Having a laptop with shitty Intel HD graphics is saving my wallet so far. Bought Orcs Must Die and Psychonauts only. Wanted The Witcher but I can't even run that.

Cardigan

Has anyone done the Trine achievement? I'm where the first gift should be, but there is no gift!

I did the achievement. It's possible that you may have already picked up the first gift. But I'm not sure if the gifts disappear when you pick them up so maybe not. Have you checked to make sure Trine is fully updated? I would go and try to find the second gift and see if it's there.

Derrick01

Banned
Finally biting on Psychonauts. I've gone too long in my life without having played it.

It's a pretty solid game and this is coming from Gaf's resident platformer hater. It's the only game that's been a part of this gift pile so far that I've played longer than what it took to get the achievement.

Zzoram

Wait I thought you had to leave your coal alone to be entered into the drawling for the games? Isn't crafting coal like throwing your chances to win away?

Yes.

People are gambling that their chances to craft a game they want is greater than their chance to win every game on Steam.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
How evil is the fact that you can only enter to win anything in the raffle AFTER the sale is already over? In other words, after you bought everything you wanted.

Pretty devious if you ask me.

How is Morrowind just £1 cheaper than New Vegas? I want to pick the game up for a couple of quid in case I end up playing it some day, but - seriously - talk about artificially high prices.

Sober

What the hell, did Steam fully convert that small window for managing gift passes and stuff to the inventory page on the community site?

Because I swear to god I just gifted a copy of Dredmor complete for my brother but the damn thing is still sitting in my inventory (not pending or whatever). Not really able to tell if it's gone through so I'll check when he gets home but it's kinda dumb.

thefil

I did the achievement. It's possible that you may have already picked up the first gift. But I'm not sure if the gifts disappear when you pick them up so maybe not. Have you checked to make sure Trine is fully updated? I would go and try to find the second gift and see if it's there.

Apparently the Mac version hasn't been updated yet. This is not the first game in this sale where people playing on Macs get the shaft :(

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Yup. I've gotten my 5 bucks. 5 bucks can make even the worst games decent. That's the case here with Duke. I wouldn't pay a dime over 5 bucks for it.

Okay thanks guys. I think I'm going to give this a miss.

Mikeside

is it worth a few of us pooling our coal together to get a faster turnaround of free games/coupons?

I guess we'd have to figure out how to deal with who gets the gifts, but it might be fun to start some sort of coal based lottery system

So I am at work, and I need to know if the achievements will activate gifts after the day they are featured.

I have no interest in Psychonauts other than to just collect some coal or whatever, I mean I am sure I will play it for a few minutes, but it's basically just for coal.

If I buy it while at work, can I get the prize for past days cheeves?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So I am at work, and I need to know if the achievements will activate gifts after the day they are featured.

I have no interest in Psychonauts other than to just collect some coal or whatever, I mean I am sure I will play it for a few minutes, but it's basically just for coal.

If I buy it while at work, can I get the prize for past days cheeves?

Yup, you can get achievements later from past days.

Derrick01

Banned
Yup, you can get achievements later from past days.

I'm wondering how the christmas day related achievements will work. Costume Quest's doesn't work yet but I'm not going to be near my computer to play it on x-mas day. I'm hoping once it activates I'll be able to retroactively make my computer say it's the 25th and it'll work.

1-D_FTW

Done. Other than a handful of games I may purchase if the DD is good enough, I'm done with all the achievements I have any intention of doing. Only thing left is Cave Story, and I'll just wait on the off chance Valve is flagging fishy behavior. 24 achievements. Modest by many, but that's all right. Now lets just hope one of them gets highlighted today. Only achievement I've redeemed so far is the Valve freebie.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hell yes, got Audiosurf from the Psychonauts achievement. I wanted that.

Ooh and you can do the Audiosurf achievement and maybe win another game that you can get an achievement for that may net you another game you can do an achievement for.

cyberheater

I mean, if you like shooting aliens, slapping boobies, and sleazy one liners, $5 is a good entry price.

Otherwise, I'm sure something better will pop up for $5 for today's sale.

Okay. Just bought it for £3.74. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom