• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

So, should Batman:AC being 50% off give me any hope for Skyrim being a daily deal?

Of course it is. These things are incredibly predictable. But with the way it's selling, just don't expect for a huge discount. Hope for 25 percent, and be pleasantly surprised if it's 33 percent.

Oh wow, one thing I'm really anticipating during this sale is Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. Just checked the page and it's 50% off for the duration of the sale.

Will wait up until the end for a daily, but I can't even see that one going any lower.

Actually I bet what they'll do is keep the same discount and also discount all the DLC. The damn DLC is more than twice the price of the base game right now.

Oh wow, one thing I'm really anticipating during this sale is Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. Just checked the page and it's 50% off for the duration of the sale.

Will wait up until the end for a daily, but I can't even see that one going any lower.

Actually I bet what they'll do is keep the same discount and also discount all the DLC. The damn DLC is more than twice the price of the base game right now.

Waiting for the same deal friend. Fingers are crossed, body is ready. 50% isn't bad, and I, like you will be hitting the buy button if it doesn't dip lower on the last day.

confused

Banned
Looking to get in on a Payday 4-pack from a US host. Paypal in advance.

Also looking for a US gift of Jurrasic Park. Paypal in advance

Hit me up through PM

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Hrmm. I already own Rage on PS3. Worth spending $15 to play it on PC?

Also, is the Batman DLC just limited to challenge maps and costumes?

The_Monk

Are all the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games, not expansions, right?

If they are, then which is the most enjoyable? If I get, it can only be one and one only.

Thanks GAF!

Blizzard

Banned
Hmmm Defense Grid is a maybe right now. I do like tower defense games and it seems like it would be a good time-killing casual game.
I don't remember if there is a demo, but seriously, I was never a fan of tower-defense games, and I never listened to people when they said it was a good game. The only thing I ever really played was Plants vs Zombies (casual tower defense).

Then I tried it and I definitely recommend it. Some levels might get difficult towards the end, but the AI voice is funny, the game is polished, and if the free Portal content is still in there then that content has good voice lines as well.

At this price it is a good deal.

plc268

So, what exactly is the point of these coupons when the games are already a better deal than what the coupon is, and you can't use them until after the sale?

Akkad

Banned
eE76r.jpg

No Arkham Asylum deal? GABEN, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?

Probably will try to get Swords & Soldiers (I had it on my Wii) and Grotesque Tactics trading coal... That is, if I get to see what I have right now :'(

kswiston

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

I might drive my pc down to a friends house and download it. My 2mb connection with a 120gb bandwidth cap weeps during these sales.

Could be worse. Standard practice in Canada is 6-10mb connection with 40-50GB cap. You could theoretically blow through your allowance in 3 days if you streamed heavily.

A year ago I had a 30mb line with a 70GB cap. So easy to go over. I had to monitor my usage every day.

FYI - if you were already a member of the official holiday group but don't have the achievement for it yet, try leaving the group and joining it again. That worked for me at least.

upandaway

And another one-game coupon (that's the 3rd one out of 5 objectives). 33% off Tropico 4.

This is getting really silly. I'd take coal over these any time.

Deadstar

Hmmm Defense Grid is a maybe right now. I do like tower defense games and it seems like it would be a good time-killing casual game.

Dude, Defense Grid is a must buy. One of the best tower defense games ever. It's a ton of fun and a steal at that price. If you like it get all the dlc. It's just an all around fun game.

Derrick01

Banned
Agreed, It actually pisses me off that it's an online achievement, I love playing online but not for contests like this.

I hate playing online and I usually have to hope that one of my friends get it so we can cheese it. I've already been crushed twice while trying to get this with random people. Really pisses me off when devs do this.

Durante

I feel like you'd be better off with Sacred 2. NWN2 is mediocre in my book.
NWN2, particularly the first expansion, is fantastic.
But it's also nothing at all like Diablo, Titan Quest or Sacred. Those are loot-fest action "RPG"s, while NWN2 has tactical party combat which is essentially turn based (if you're playing it right).

mrgone

Wow, is that RAGE price a mistake? It's not listed as a daily deal on the front page or store page (but it does have a countdown timer on the store page)

Red

Thinking about Arkham City. Loved the first one but I have a lot to play right now.

Is it a lot better than the first game?

It's like the end of the first game, where you have access to all of Batman's gadgets and full access to Arkham Island, right from the start. And it builds from there.

It's is a less stealthy game, however.

Is Monday Night Combat worth it for the single player? Is it a good tower defense game?

I'm looking forward to Super MNC for its lean toward DOTA style, but if normal MNC is a good single player tower defense game I wanna pick it up.

inner-G

Banned
Woo hoo got Alien Breed 2 for joining the holiday group.

What are the chances for Assassins Creed 2 being a daily deal at some point?

Bit on Batman Arkham City. I usually don't bother with titles on Steam priced over $20, but this time, I made an exception since I loved Arkham Asylum so much.

This isn't just for you but I think it needs to be stressed:

IF YOU DONT HAVE THIS GAME AND YOU REMOTELY ARE INTERESTED IN TOWER DEFENSE.... GET THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I keep coming back to it over and over. It is a huge bargain, it looks great, and you will put A LOT OF HOURS into it. Addicting tower defense gameplay done really well -AND- it's made with an engine that isn't flash (dev's: stop making cartoon tower defense games!).

There is so much value to be had in this title that it's silly not to have it.

And I also want to stress this: IF YOU BUY THIS GAME, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND PLAY IT! I am just as bad as the worst in here for buying something and letting it sit greyed out in steam. You can't do that to yourself with this game. Too much joy to be had.
WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?!?!
T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom