• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what all these lumps of coal will power when we're finished...

HALF-LIFE 3!!!!

HALF-LIFE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah................................................

Bumhead

Banned
Just a heads up, but I had an absolute ton of problems with Arkham City.

I wrote abit more about it for a blog I contribute to, which you can find here: http://tap-repeatedly.com/2011/12/15/this-joker-isnt-funny-anymore/

(Mods, if you're not keen on self plugging, feel free to edit the link out and drop me a PM). Easier to link to that than go into it all again here, so feel free to read.

Top and bottom of it is "Even at Steam sale prices, I honestly cannot sit here and recommend the PC version of Arkham City to anybody at this point based on my experiences"

Not everybody has had the same problems I've had but.. yeah.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I installed my Audiosurf I got but it's still showing up in my inventory. I can't tell if this is an error or if I had bought Audiosurf at some point and just forgot about it, so when I installed it that wasn't using the coupon. Any way to tell?

EDIT: When I tried to install the Audiosurf from my inventory it wasn't working, so I went to the store where it said I owned it. It doesn't say that for the other game I won so that means I already bought Audiosurf?

Blizzard

Banned
I recommend Defense Grid.

I don't think I've bought anything so far from the sale, but if there are any Sherlock Holmes games I don't already own (I probably need to check my Amazon account), then I'll probably grab all of them. Actually I'll probably grab them all anyway.

I preordered Akrham City and this seems like a good price if I had waited, since I haven't played it at all yet, but I bought it to support the dev
since I liked Catwoman
so I'm not even mad. 8D

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hoping someone can help me. I'm on OSX and I'm trying to play Anomaly Warzone, but the problem is that steam thinks it's updating and lists it as "Download started".

I can't delete the game from steam or verify integrity or anything... Steam just thinks it is downloading the game but it isn't. Anyone have any ideas?

Thought I'd quote myself just in case someone has an answer. This is driving me a bit nuts. :/

1-D_FTW

Is Rage still plagued bugs and textures problems?

I started a couple days ago and have played about 4 hours without issue. Not entering the main thread, however, because I don't want to start looking for problems. As it is, I'm extremely satisfied by the graphics.

Pungza

Coupons, coupons coupons...

25% OFF Valve
50% OFF Universe Sandbox
50% OFF Serious Sam HD: Second Encounter
50% OFF Metro 2033

:(

Durante

Just bought my first daily deal item, the Defense Grid DLC for 1.11 €. I still haven't finished the game's main campaign, but I'm starting to get close -- it can only be a few months now ;)

thefil

Are the Sherlock Holmes games worth a shot? I might pick up one for 2.50 if somebody recommends.

Also, today's objectives are lame, I don't think I'll do any of them.

Tanolen

Rage texture problems were mostly ram related in the INI file. If you increased it to certain levels the game would load the textures properly.

Turfster

Agreed, It actually pisses me off that it's an online achievement, I love playing online but not for contests like this.

Hey, at least that one's pretty easy to do. The DOW2 Retribution one is "play 30 minutes against a human on map X" and I can't find any fucking games.

gdt

Hmm, impressions on Rage? Does it work now for AMD cards?

Does the Arkham City DLC work with non-steam versions? (got it from GMG).

Swords and Soldiers is soooooo good. Tons of fun, and realllllly accessible. I think it was the first RTS I played.

Wish they would have put Batman AA on sale first. I would have bought Arkham City if I knew I could get both. Kind of a dumb move by Warner to not have them both on sale on the same day. Is it even going to be a daily? If it was I would think it would be up there today.

Hmmm Defense Grid is a maybe right now. I do like tower defense games and it seems like it would be a good time-killing casual game.

This isn't just for you but I think it needs to be stressed:

IF YOU DONT HAVE THIS GAME AND YOU REMOTELY ARE INTERESTED IN TOWER DEFENSE.... GET THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I keep coming back to it over and over. It is a huge bargain, it looks great, and you will put A LOT OF HOURS into it. Addicting tower defense gameplay done really well -AND- it's made with an engine that isn't flash (dev's: stop making cartoon tower defense games!).

There is so much value to be had in this title that it's silly not to have it.

And I also want to stress this: IF YOU BUY THIS GAME, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND PLAY IT! I am just as bad as the worst in here for buying something and letting it sit greyed out in steam. You can't do that to yourself with this game. Too much joy to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom