• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadstar

Game is on sale but it's not a daily deal?

12421652.jpg

MNC

50% discount on valve games. decent I guess :/

Also, the coals... Tradin in gives you games? Or coupons too? Does it exclude recent releases? It can be any of the games from the winter 2011 inventory thing we saw in the registry, right?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Those are probably in-game items that you already earned and probably don't have anything to do with the current holiday objectives. And the inventory system currently isn't working.

Not all. I had 3 TF2 items this morning. Now I have 4.

Those are probably in-game items that you already earned and probably don't have anything to do with the current holiday objectives. And the inventory system currently isn't working.

So where's my ticket for 33% off Valve titles, or even a Lump of Coal? Can't find it anywhere.

This might have been asked earlier in the thread, but using the Steam Sale Wikia link. Could I work through my games and earn the achievements and unlock before they appear on the task page?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Lord Gabe Newell, please have a great deal on Skyrim.

Bethseda has always fully supported Lord Newell in terms of sales. I fully expect us to get a Fallout Sale and an Elder Scrolls franchise sale at some point. Skyrim might not end up that cheap though. I expect better deals on Oblivion/Fallout/Morrowind.

Zizbuka

Banned
My Inventory wasn't working from Steam client, tried from Firefox and got my gift.

50% any Valve game
With the restrictions mentioned above

Yeef

This might have been asked earlier in the thread, but using the Steam Sale Wikia link. Could I work through my games and earn the achievements and unlock before they appear on the task page?
The achievements for the Valve games (TF2, L4D, etc) have been there since Thursday or so. Don't know about other publishers' games.

Mimir

Yes. 4 of todays were unlocked for me as soon as the sale started.

mrgone

It's probably just that the Steam side of things is still obliterated by all the connections and just isn't working properly right now

gdt

So far I've bought Ors Must Die and The Binding of Issac. Already own pretty much all of the daily deals. I've been on Steam since May 2011 and I own 130 games.

Chris R

Steam says I have 23 TF2 items, 2 Portal 2 and 3 "Steam" items... But nothing loads on those pages. I guess I'll just check again later.

It's pretty much impossible to get around the store right now but has anyone else noticed that there seems to be zero EA in there? I can't bring up all the publisher catalogs right now but it does have a bunch of names on the banner and none of them are EA.

EA, please don't wrap this origin noose all the way around your neck :(

It's pretty much impossible to get around the store right now but has anyone else noticed that there seems to be zero EA in there? I can't bring up all the publisher catalogs right now but it does have a bunch of names on the banner and none of them are EA.

EA, please don't wrap this origin noose all the way around your neck :(

no, i saw the EA bundle. it just says "Most EA games" and then says that sims isn't a part of it. i notice crysis 1 is $9.99.... gots to wait for the daily though!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Question:

What am I missing? We get 25%-50% Valve coupons. Right now every Valve game will be off at 50% or higher, why should we use these coupons at all if we can ONLY use them on the Valve games currently available and those will be cheaper now anyway?

So whether you receive a gift or not is based on luck unless you craft it, and if you actually do get one by chance, it again depends on luck what you get as a gift.

I know complaining about free stuff isn't classy but I hate this system. I have terrible luck and I'm going to be deadly jealous of the people who get games that I wanted.
I don't like it being luck based either. I much preferred the summer lot of free DLC that did not cost much in the first place. I suppose the advantage of this is the payoff could be greater (coupons) but random chance always brings out the worst in people and its not nice to see people get upset over these small things.

Imagine downloading every game on steam at the same time.
I goes something like this:
http://jimbarr.net/idownload/begin.html
Its the downloadingtheinternet.gif

Neo-Steam and the GAF logo becomes grey.

Turn 7 in for a random game, or keep them for entries into the wishlist giveaway on Jan 2.
If only it were. Its random something that isn't coal. Could be a coupon, could be a game.

Question:

What am I missing? We get 25%-50% Valve coupons. Right now every Valve game will be off at 50% or higher, why should we use these coupons at all if we can ONLY use them on the Valve games currently available and those will be cheaper now anyway?
Nothing. thats the free one everyone gets. Its a marketing ploy. You'll still see some making about 50 accounts, trading them to their master account and trying to tradebait them :(

Also there is a small hope a Valve game goes on sale between January and March.

masterkajo

God Bit.Trip Runner is aweful... I hate it... why do I have to start from the start again? But it is somehow addictive.

epmode

Question:

Because they're actually for the secret Episode 3 launch next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom