• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
So I'm sure this has been asked, but how is Gaurdians of Graxia? I love Card/Board games... but the aggregate reviews seem so low... :(

Digishine

Banned
Well I got an AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA coupon

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA.png

For a min I tought Valvé was going crazy

demolitio

This time of year is tough for a broke gamer...lol. I keep looking at Payday: The Heist and come closer and closer to hitting the magical button. Steam is the devil I tell you.

Payday 4-Pack
I have one more copy of Payday from a 4-pack if anyone is interested. I will send as soon as payment is received. $7.50 (gift payment preferred). PM me!

ArjanN

so far it seems like a poorly done Heavy Rain style game with terrible voice acting. I really didn't think I could come out of a JP game hating it, my love for the movies is so vast...

I kind of like it, it's basically an interactive movie, but it's actually pretty well-written and acted IMO. Unlike the Jurrasic Park movie sequels.

Kammie

10 minutes of that crappy Dungeons of Dredmor game (the worst 10 minutes of my life), and I got Aliens vs Predator as a gift! Can't complain. That's 3 games with only 4 achievements. Been luckier than some.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

People get wrong impressions of games they dont play how they are supposed to play them. Very common actually during the achievement hunts. You either have people falling in love with games they havent played yet, or people who dont bother to learn what the game is actually about, only wanting to fullfill the achievement, and missing on the learning curve, sense of discovery and the like.

Sometimes that leads to ignorance *shrugs*

Chesskid1

Banned
for defense grid awakening, can i just skip and go straight to the portal stuff or will i be lost in the game? (never played it before)

Spruchy

I'll set up a 4 pack for payday when I return home from a friend's. Expect it to be around 1-2 AM if anyone is still in need by then.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Which is better of the STALKER series, Shadow of Chernobyl or Call of Pripyat?

I really think SoC was the better one, but my memory might be tainted with my first experiences being SoC.

for defense grid awakening, can i just skip and go straight to the portal stuff or will i be lost in the game? (never played it before)

Play the tutorial. Its important to learn how towers behave. It wasnt my first tower defense, but you'd be a bit lost.

Blizzard

Banned
If you've played tower defense games first you can probably pick it up. It's not that complicated but it may be hard to do well without practice. Is there an achievement for the free Portal stuff? I hadn't even checked. I thought they added some non-free Portal stuff recently.

If you're just starting to play the game for fun though, do at least the first several missions of story mode since you might enjoy the writing and it will help introduce you to the AI character and the towers.

FatBaby

Jeez, Steam is bugging out for me. Doesn't seem to have any real connection to the store or community features, and it's not letting me buying gifts. Saying I already have the item already or something.

Can't buy a gift because I have it? Never seen that one before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom