• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

is it really worth picking this up? the metascores do not look good :|

header_292x136.jpg

this needs to get cheaper :| especially with the fixed user reviews fiasco

header_292x136.jpg

Hmm, Fire & Sword and the new DLC for Defense Grid are tempting indeed considering I already have everything except for them in their respective stables...

Dota 2 is now 97% installed.

All for just joining the 2011 Holiday group with a single mouse click.

Valve, I have no god damn idea how your business model - of giving away free coal, hats and games - works. But I hope it never ends you crazy bastards.

Card Boy

Banned

http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/90500/header_292x136.jpg?t=1311806943[/IMG

this needs to get cheaper :| especially with the fixed user reviews fiasco

[IMG]http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/201830/header_292x136.jpg?t=1324333698[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I would avoid. If your unsure on something then its safe to skip, i assume you have a big enough backlog already?

Ask yourself: "Do i really need this?"

KScorp

Valve, I have no god damn idea how your business model - of giving away free coal, hats and games - works. But I hope it never ends you crazy bastards.

Psh, I got it for doing nothing at all. (I just had to check my inventory to unpack it, and then got a valve coupon for checking my inventory.)

I bought it just now, I'll report back based on my small taste.
I'm helping fund Mama Robotnik's DOTA 2.

wilflare

why no DOTA 2 love for me blehhh
this is getting pretty fun :D

Fffuuuuu... I want dota2 too!!!!

How long does it usually take for gifts to show up after doing the achievements? I did like 5 of 'em a couple hours ago, and nothing yet.

Turfster

Fffuuuuu... I want dota2 too!!!!

How long does it usually take for gifts to show up after doing the achievements? I did like 5 of 'em a couple hours ago, and nothing yet.

Then you might have gotten coal and your inventory is messed up. You did do achievements that are active already, right?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Hey! I want to buy Limbo but I see it's also part of a pack, the Super Indie Bundle... is the rest of content in that pack worth the 15 bucks?

Thanks.

Much better than another valve coupon

Wait, when you craft 7 coals, you're not even sure to get a game, you can actually get another coupon? Damn.

My favorite coupon so far: "50% OFF Alien Breed Impact". It doesn't even apply to the complete series of mediocre twin stick shooters but only to one entry.

Hello, what are some tips for the Defense Grid achievement?
I did it on the earliest level with an adrenaline challenge, can't remember which one. The target for gold is 100k and you'll get 48k by just not losing any core. I used mostly gun towers which I upgraded and a couple of temporal towers. Don't spend more than you need to (because your available money gives you more money over time) and build a command tower to maximize that money. I hadn't played the game in months and I've never been too hot at it and I did it on my first try.

KScorp

Hello, what are some tips for the Defense Grid achievement?

Use a few command towers around the area you're killing the most enemies, and don't make/upgrade towers unless you need to, since you gain interest if you have more money in the bank at any given time.

Petrie

Banned
Use a few command towers around the area you're killing the most enemies, and don't make/upgrade towers unless you need to, since you gain interest if you have more money in the bank at any given time.
I had no issues, but I wasn't aware of the interest. Thanks for the new tip!

larvi

Just completed the Tropico 4 achievement using my own game and not cheating and loading someone else's save file. Unfortunately just got a crappy coupon for my effort :)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
If you had to pick one, which STALKER game is better, Chernobyl or Pripyat?

God, that's a tough question. SoC, maybe. CoP is a bit more polished, and not quite as challenging or intense, mostly due to the lower enemy count. Items didn't seem as scarce either, on normal I was always stocked up. SoC has some rough patches and nasty difficulty spikes, though, particularly towards the end. I think SoC is a better representative of what makes the series great, but CoP might be more ideal for some gamers since it's a more accessible (relatively speaking) and balanced experience.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
Why isn't Arkham Asylum on sale.... Is it necessary to play that before AC?

I would say Pripyat. Both are fantastic and definitely worth playing though.

God, that's a tough question. SoC, maybe. CoP is a bit more polished, and not quite as challenging or intense, mostly due to the lower enemy count. Items didn't seem as scarce either, on normal I was always stocked up. I think SoC is a better representative of what makes the series great, but CoP might be more ideal for some gamers since it's a more accessible and balanced (relatively speaking) experience.

Do the two games have a strong connection plot-wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom