• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotee12

Wait a minute, do the gift achievements have to be active to receive gifts? In other words, I've been going through the Winter Objectives List getting ahead on cheevos while I have a free night. I'm now up to my fourth cheevo, but they are all achievements that haven't been daily objectives yet.

Maybe that's why I'm not seeing the gifts yet...

Also maybe I'm the last person in the forum to understand this...

Wait a minute, do the gift achievements have to be active to receive gifts? In other words, I've been going through the Winter Objectives List getting ahead on cheevos while I have a free night. I'm now up to my fourth cheevo, but they are all achievements that haven't been daily objectives yet.

Yeah, you won't get gifts until they become active as the daily achievement

gotee12

Yeah, you won't get gifts until they become active as the daily achievement

I can be such an idiot sometimes...
KuGsj.gif

ElRenoRaven

Yup. When the day hits that an achievement you have comes up, you'll get the credit and gift then. And no I'm sure there are probably others who don't realize that.

The official name is: AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaAAaAAAAAAaaaaAAAAaa!!!: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity

Now watch how I improve on that name. Ready?

A Reckless Disregard for Gravity

At least VVVVVV while a terrible name sticks to six "V"s instead of the random upper and lower case "A"s that change whenever the game's name is written.
How about AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaAAaAAAAAAaaaaAAAAaa Reckless Disregard for Gravity?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well, that is subjective, but do you know what the name perfectly did? It made you (and others) talk about the game, mentioning it to people who never heard about it before without completely alienating them. I'd say thats a damn fine achievement for a game name.

But I agree, stylistically the "subtitle" sounds better and I think its more pleasing as well. But I think their name choice was spot on and did a great job.
The name is incredibly obnoxious. And Yet It Moves is another contender for dumbest name possible. These aren't indie rock albums, they are games. Give it a name, not a sentence.

The official name is: AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaAAaAAAAAAaaaaAAAAaa!!!: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity

Now watch how I improve on that name. Ready?

A Reckless Disregard for Gravity

At least VVVVVV while a terrible name sticks to six "V"s instead of the random upper and lower case "A"s that change whenever the game's name is written.

Um, no, sorry, you got it wrong. It's AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!.

It's also not random: 1-4-2-3-3-2-4-1-5.

The name is incredibly obnoxious. And Yet It Moves is another contender for dumbest name possible. These aren't indie rock albums, they are games. Give it a name, not a sentence.
I really like "And Yet It Moves" as a name. Sucks that the game itself itself isn't great. Having fall damage in that game ruins all sense of play in the mechanics.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Um, no, sorry, you got it wrong. It's AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!.

It's also not random: 1-4-2-3-3-2-4-1-5.

Is there a meaning behind the sequence?
Edit: Ah just realized its mixed 12345 and 4321.

I really like "And Yet It Moves" as a name. Sucks that the game itself itself isn't great. Having fall damage in that game ruins all sense of play in the mechanics.

Yeah. I played that game when I was in a phase of "NO, finish one game first! Then the next! Enjoy your games DAMNIT!". AYIM didnt help much in that regard, but hey I pulled through. It had some clever ideas later on but eh, way too annoyingly presented.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Get the Indie Royale bundle for the Blackwell Trilogy.

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Unless you're a technical graphics whore (I'm an aesthetics graphics whore)

OH SHIT, finally a way to buy the Oil Blue! :-OOOOOO

Oh god, thank you so much for telling me.

Edit: Chubigans! See! Finally!

Thanks for the breakdown Toma.

No problem :) Found some other unknown games on steam to check out as well. Hope some are more recommendable.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So close on Tropico 4. Stuck at the 950/60s for my last ten years. The area I had to really build was so small, and the last decade I didn't have money at all to expand. ;_;

Chavelo

kk, GAF.

Gonna start a Payday 4-pack. Will be on for an hour. :D

Quote this post and PM me.

Also add me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/Chavelo

Blizzard

Banned
I don't think I've seen any bad impressions of the Sherlock Holmes games, for those asking. They seem to be at least decent-to-good. :)

So I haven't bought anything in the sale, and I was like, TODAY IS THE DAY I GIVE IN. TIME TO GET THOSE 6 SHERLOCK GAMES.

Error, says the store, you already own all those games. Well that is okay! I will uh...DEFENSE GRID! TIME TO BE PART OF THE PROBLEM AND BUY ALL THAT DLC! Oh, I already own 4/5 of it... WELL THEN

$1.24 in the sale so far for me. If I keep forgetting I own things, I'm golden.

Toma

I don't think I've seen any bad impressions of the Sherlock Holmes games, for those asking. They seem to be at least decent-to-good. :)

So I haven't bought anything in the sale, and I was like, TODAY IS THE DAY I GIVE IN. TIME TO GET THOSE 6 SHERLOCK GAMES.

Error, says the store, you already own all those games. Well that is okay! I will uh...DEFENSE GRID! TIME TO BE PART OF THE PROBLEM AND BUY ALL THAT DLC! Oh, I already own 4/5 of it... WELL THEN

$1.24 in the sale so far for me. If I keep forgetting I own things, I'm golden.

You could buy the Eschalon games! I got recommended them to me by someone, and I really should play them more actually. Oh boy.. if he knew that I still havent spent that much time on it, wasting valuable RPG time on Geneforge.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom